Author Topic: Own Han Solo's blaster  (Read 9002 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Own Han Solo's blaster
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 12:22:44 PM »
Accompanied by a letter of authenticity from a noted Star Wars collector.

Who apparently does not have provenance from LucasFilms or anybody else.

It's like the guy on the corner who offers the deed to the Empire State Building.  "Sure it's real.  Would I lie to you?"

And yet there are enough suckers out there that someone is going to sell their daughter to raise the $500,438.76 (plus commission, shipping, processing and handling,, and EPA toxic movie cleanup fees) needed to snag that sucker.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 01:18:26 PM »
Does it really blast  ???    :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 01:23:33 PM »
Does it really blast
It shoots first.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 02:46:48 PM »
not anymore...... =|
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 03:01:06 PM »
The orignal was a prop built on a real broomhandle mauser, kind of a sacrelige
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 03:18:41 PM »
The orignal was a prop built on a real broomhandle mauser, kind of a sacrelige

Yes, a C-96, and I recall reading how many of the long arm blasters were built using Stens and the like.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 03:37:23 PM »
No statement from Harrison Ford, George Lucas, or Mark Hamill, to confirm authenticity?  Just some random guy's word?  No thanks.

If the actual aNH, ESB or RotJ lightsaber and hero pistol props show up, affirmed by the cast/crew, they'll go for hundreds of thousands.  Not a resin casting somebody says that he's really sure it's it.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 04:03:36 PM »
And yet there are enough suckers out there that someone is going to sell their daughter to raise the $500,438.76

Wait, you can get that kind of money for a daughter?!?!?!!?  ;)

bob

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 04:13:58 PM »
And yet Deckard's stunt gun with signed provenance from the actual crew is only $6000. http://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/harrison-ford-rick-deckard-stunt-blast...-392-c-a5f704af87
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 04:19:18 PM »
And yet Deckard's stunt gun with signed provenance from the actual crew is only $6000. http://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/harrison-ford-rick-deckard-stunt-blast...-392-c-a5f704af87

And if the Han Solo goes for anything more than Deckard's the saying a sucker is born every minute will never be more accurate.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 04:28:06 PM »

Blade Runner is good, but it ain't Star Wars.  A properly provenanced primary prop from Star Wars would shatter that auction.  The BR pistol, sans provenance, would go for $49.95 if you were lucky.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 04:40:02 PM »
Wait, you can get that kind of money for a daughter?!?!?!!?  ;)

bob

If I had only known  :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AZRedhawk44

• friends
--Lysander Spooner

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 07:36:49 PM »
Yes, a C-96, and I recall reading how many of the long arm blasters were built using Stens and the like.

BlasTech E11 from Sterling L2A3:

The Heavy Blaster Rifle (front) and Light Repeating Blaster (left) look pretty familiar, since they didn't really do anything to them at all:

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2013, 10:22:34 PM »
The Jawa Ion Blasters were chopped down Enfields with some type of grenade launcher fitting on the end.

Adam Savage talks about, and builds, Han Solo's DL-44 blaster, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sCReGjfZ_A
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 02:57:43 AM »
Uhhhh.... guys?

http://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/harrison-ford-hero-rifle-from-indiana-jo...-404-c-b1ccede91d

I wonder if they realize they're about to illegally transfer an unregistered machine gun??

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 12:43:54 PM »
Uhhhh.... guys?

http://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/harrison-ford-hero-rifle-from-indiana-jo...-404-c-b1ccede91d

I wonder if they realize they're about to illegally transfer an unregistered machine gun??

I noticed that yesterday.  I figured there had to be something I was missing.  They couldn't be that clueless, could they?  Or someone mistyped the original model that was used for conversion.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 12:48:58 PM »
I noticed that yesterday.  I figured there had to be something I was missing.  They couldn't be that clueless, could they?  Or someone mistyped the original model that was used for conversion.

I sent them an email explaining their perrrssible perdicament.   Will post any response.  LOL.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2013, 02:02:21 PM »
The Heavy Blaster Rifle (front) and Light Repeating Blaster (left) look pretty familiar, since they didn't really do anything to them at all:

Lewis gun and an MG34 or MG42 ?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2013, 04:14:54 PM »
*Please note: This item an actual firearm, though it is no longer capable of firing standard ammunition as it has been modified to fire blanks for film use, it must be transferred to your local firearms dealer where you will be required to go through the paperwork process as you would when purchasing any other firearm.

It said it was an M1 not an M2. I thought those were semi? It also could be a legit NFA item and they just don't mention the hassle of doing a transfer. Not like it would be a post-84.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 04:26:10 PM »
*Please note: This item an actual firearm, though it is no longer capable of firing standard ammunition as it has been modified to fire blanks for film use, it must be transferred to your local firearms dealer where you will be required to go through the paperwork process as you would when purchasing any other firearm.

It said it was an M1 not an M2. I thought those were semi? It also could be a legit NFA item and they just don't mention the hassle of doing a transfer. Not like it would be a post-84.

They've modified the listing already.  Here's the google cache of what it said yesterday:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/harrison-ford-hero-rifle-from-indiana-jo...-404-c-b1ccede91d

Description:

404. Harrison Ford Hero rifle from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. (Paramount, 2008) Few action heroes have captured the world’s imagination like Harrison Ford as “Indiana Jones’” in the blockbuster action movie franchise. This is “Indy’s” hero M1 Carbine Rifle used in the 2008 Steven Spielberg sequel, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The rifle is visible early in the film when Indy uses his famous whip to steal the rifle from the hands of Russian soldier. He then uses the rifle to threaten “Spalko” (Kate Blanchett), before giving up. 
This authentic M1 Carbine rifle, modified from an M2 Carbine, features a dark polished wood stock, metal barrel, bolt and trigger and retains its screen-used green shoulder strap. The ammo magazine is a cast rubber replica that replaced its 30 round magazine. The rifle has impeccable provenance and can be screen matched down to the marks in the wood-grain. Included are the original production rental agreements, as well as the on-set armorer’s sign-out card for the day, which lists the serial number of the rifle and is annotated “HF” for use by Harrison Ford. This rare piece is presented in a custom fabricated acrylic display case featuring a laser-cut mat board with the film title and three movie images, as well as the armorer’s sign out card. The rifle measures 35.5 in. long (display measures 21.5 x 41 in.) and is in very good condition. *Please note: This item an actual firearm, though it is no longer capable of firing standard ammunition as it has been modified to fire blanks for film use, it must be transferred to your local firearms dealer where you will be required to go through the paperwork process as you would when purchasing any other firearm.
$8,000 - $10,000
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2013, 12:13:06 AM »
They've modified the listing already.  Here's the google cache of what it said yesterday:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/harrison-ford-hero-rifle-from-indiana-jo...-404-c-b1ccede91d

Description:

404. Harrison Ford Hero rifle from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. (Paramount, 2008) Few action heroes have captured the world’s imagination like Harrison Ford as “Indiana Jones’” in the blockbuster action movie franchise. This is “Indy’s” hero M1 Carbine Rifle used in the 2008 Steven Spielberg sequel, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The rifle is visible early in the film when Indy uses his famous whip to steal the rifle from the hands of Russian soldier. He then uses the rifle to threaten “Spalko” (Kate Blanchett), before giving up. 
This authentic M1 Carbine rifle, modified from an M2 Carbine, features a dark polished wood stock, metal barrel, bolt and trigger and retains its screen-used green shoulder strap. The ammo magazine is a cast rubber replica that replaced its 30 round magazine. The rifle has impeccable provenance and can be screen matched down to the marks in the wood-grain. Included are the original production rental agreements, as well as the on-set armorer’s sign-out card for the day, which lists the serial number of the rifle and is annotated “HF” for use by Harrison Ford. This rare piece is presented in a custom fabricated acrylic display case featuring a laser-cut mat board with the film title and three movie images, as well as the armorer’s sign out card. The rifle measures 35.5 in. long (display measures 21.5 x 41 in.) and is in very good condition. *Please note: This item an actual firearm, though it is no longer capable of firing standard ammunition as it has been modified to fire blanks for film use, it must be transferred to your local firearms dealer where you will be required to go through the paperwork process as you would when purchasing any other firearm.
$8,000 - $10,000

Hahahah,  sneaky bastards.

I  wonder if they realize that editing the advert  after being notified of the illegality kinda makes it look worse?

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2013, 08:28:22 PM »
Got this response from the website:

Hello.

I contacted the consignor and it is a cataloging issue.  This is absolutely not an issue. It came to the consignor through a Federal Firearms Licensed dealer and it will have to go through an FFL to the buyer. The dealers wouldn't transfer it if it wasn't legal....

Hope this helps and thanks for your concern.

Brian
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 08:35:32 PM by Pharmacology »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2013, 01:36:23 AM »
Got this response from the website:

Hello.

I contacted the consignor and it is a cataloging issue.  This is absolutely not an issue. It came to the consignor through a Federal Firearms Licensed dealer and it will have to go through an FFL to the buyer. The dealers wouldn't transfer it if it wasn't legal....

Hope this helps and thanks for your concern.

Brian

This guy thinks a random FFL knows the difference between a M1 and M2 reciever?  Isn't that cute?