Author Topic: Valet = Bomb Technician, according to the TSA  (Read 6616 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Valet = Bomb Technician, according to the TSA
« on: December 04, 2013, 01:20:29 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YllajrgDwbs

TSA is ordering valets to do inspections of vehicles that come to airport valet parking.  They are doing about a 30 second inspection on each vehicle, checking the trunk, engine compartment and any other large storage regions in the car.  Reasoning is that valet cars are close to the terminal, and a car loaded with explosives that close to the terminal could be a danger to the massed people at the airport.

Obviously the logic missed here, is:

1. Jihadi McBombalot would just drive up the curb and into the terminal with the vehicle.
2. If Mr. McBombalot doesn't want to get his 72 virgins and plans to escape, he can still put a bomb in the vehicle and deal with the valet, and start walking away.  The bomb can be triggered to start a time-delayed explosion BY THE INSPECTION PROCESS (i.e. open the trunk, a photoresistor sensor notes the increased light in the trunk space and starts a 30 second count down unless the bomb-maker is present to disable via designed mechanism).
3. Valet is not a bomb tech.  Nearby police are not bomb techs.  There's no evidence of fire alarms, emergency sirens or other area-clearing technologies for the valet and/or nearby police to quickly and efficiently clear the danger zone.

You guys who have played with bombs here... isn't it generally a bad idea to have untrained people deliberately LOOKING for bombs?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Valet = Bomb Technician, according to the TSA
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 01:37:55 PM »
Bombs are easy to spot.  They always have a bunch of wires and a red LED time display.   :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 02:13:59 PM »
^^^ And you always cut the red wire with just two seconds remaining on the timer.  Then you sag back and breathe a sigh of relief.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 02:51:43 PM »
^^^ And you always cut the red wire with just two seconds remaining on the timer.  Then you sag back and breathe a sigh of relief.
Before a sudden bright flash ends your existance forever. >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 04:39:28 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 05:24:55 PM »
Do you suppose background checks are performed before hiring a parking valet?   ;/
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 05:34:33 PM »
Do you suppose background checks are performed before hiring a parking valet?   ;/

That would be racist  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

griz

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 08:12:48 PM »

Everybody knows it's the blue wire if the bomb was made locally.  Only imported bombs depend on the red wire to 'splode.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 11:15:50 PM »

Not always

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=i6e1z8PXJX8#t=5235

If you're impatient, jump to 1:29:00
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 12:18:31 AM »
Reason? Ain't no reason about it- those TSA clowns couldn't think their way out of a paper sack.
 Just one more mindless intrusion.  Thankfully their adversaries are not the sharpest either.  :rofl:

We are in deep doo doo the day the terrorists gain the competence and innovation of , say, the average  hobbyist in any small town in America.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 09:54:22 PM »
So, untrained, inexperienced generally younger folk now get to call out the bomb squad every time they see something that might possibly on a bad day resemble something that could be mistaken for something that looks like it might be a bomb or bomb making materials.
Of course the owner will have to be detained and persecuted, can't waste taxpayer money on false alarms.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 11:58:03 PM »
So, untrained, inexperienced generally younger folk now get to call out the bomb squad every time they see something that might possibly on a bad day resemble something that could be mistaken for something that looks like it might be a bomb or bomb making materials.
Of course the owner will have to be detained and persecuted, can't waste taxpayer money on false alarms.

Don't worry.  You will get the bill when they detonate the subwoofer in your trunk.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 11:51:55 AM »
I'm all for this.

It will RAPIDLY degenerate into some lowlife calling EOD for silly things repeatedly. Which will eventually result in some poor sap's car getting controlled detted for no reason.

Mayhem.

If it leads to outrage, even better.

*sitting back to watch in glee*
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2013, 11:43:48 AM »
I wonder what they would do if someone drove up in a homebuilt electric car.  :rofl:
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?