Author Topic: Tabasco Honey  (Read 827 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Tabasco Honey
« on: December 08, 2013, 03:34:47 PM »
I've been experimenting with mixing Tabasco Sauce with honey, as a condiment. Anybody tried anything like this?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Tabasco Honey
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 03:43:59 PM »
Sounds interesting, sweet and hot go together like chocolate and cayenne pepper!

Does the vinegar taste of the Tabasco get lost in the sweetness of the honey? I am not a big fan of Tabasco because of the taste, for mexican type heat in most foods I use La Victoria Salsa Brava.

bob 

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 03:56:01 PM »
I use that for sore throats.  Tabasco, honey, lemon, and tea. Added judiciously to a big shot of bourbon, of course.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 04:02:13 PM »
I've been experimenting with mixing Tabasco Sauce with honey, as a condiment. Anybody tried anything like this?

Slice a fresh habanero into a small jar of honey; stir occasionally and let osmosis do it's magic.
"It's good, though..."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 06:27:44 PM »
Nyet. Try that with some Sriracha and you may have something, especially if you brush it on chicken andgrill it.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 10:03:56 PM »
Gotta be careful grilling with honey.., keep the grill heat down or your sugars will burn pretty quick...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 10:33:50 PM »
Slice a fresh habanero into a small jar of honey; stir occasionally and let osmosis do it's magic.

Hmm. Will try.
Andy

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 06:08:20 AM »

Wonder what might happen if I fished out the habenero before gifting a bottle of bee-love to my favorite PITA?  Does the pepper impart any distinctive odor that I need to make up a cover story about?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.