Author Topic: Michael Schumacher critical  (Read 1648 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Michael Schumacher critical
« on: December 29, 2013, 08:29:38 PM »
http://www.pitpass.com/50678/Schumachers-condition-said-to-have-worsened

Skiing accident resulted in a head injury.

Was't much of a fan when he was racing but his skill was undeniable.  Hope he pulls through and fully recovers.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Michael Schumacher critical
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 11:46:55 PM »
What kind of racing is he into?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 11:49:47 PM »
What kind of racing is he into?

That's it, I'm burning down Missouri.

Didn't sound too serious earlier today, don't sound good now.

And it was Formula One that he was into. You can start quite the argument on who was the greatest, but pretty much 100% of people would put Schumacher in the top 3 greatest F1 drivers ever.

He did this after his first retirement too, crashed a motorcycle and had neck and spine injuries. Must still have the Ricky Bobby disease.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 11:56:41 PM by French G. »
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 12:37:59 AM »
I dunno.  You've got the likes of Fangio, Stewart, Senna, Prost, Lauda, Clark, Hill, Vettle, Moss, Andretti, and probably half a dozen more that would challnge for the right to a top 3 slot.

Without question Schumacher was the most dominant driver for the longest period of time.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 12:41:39 AM by sumpnz »

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 01:06:29 AM »
Fangio, Senna, Schumi would be my top 3. Tough though because I like Lauda.  Maybe one day Vettel but despite his talent I can't help but thinking he needs to grow up. I used to think Alonso was an insufferable personality who wrecked several teams, but he's shown a fair bit of maturity lately in suffering a 2nd rate Ferrari.

Let's hope Schumacher recovers quickly.
AKA Navy Joe   

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 07:25:31 AM »
I wonder if he was wearing a helmet?

Until I started mountainbiking I never wore a helmet. One close call and I immediately went out and bought one. I'd never mountainbike or ski through the trees without one now.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 09:24:42 AM »
Yes on the helmet, doctors state the glaringly obvious that he would not be in a treatable condition had there been no helmet.
AKA Navy Joe   

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 10:37:25 AM »
That's not good.  I rather like him.

Were they able to reach The Stig for comment?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 10:45:18 AM »
Without question Schumacher was the most dominant driver for the longest period of time.

How long? Wasn't Jackie Stewart dominant for a fairly long stretch?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 11:26:27 AM »
How long? Wasn't Jackie Stewart dominant for a fairly long stretch?

Stewart won the title 3 times, not all consecutively.  Schumi won 7 titles, 5 of them in a row.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 01:05:31 PM »
Good luck to you Michael!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 02:24:41 PM »
Stewart won the title 3 times, not all consecutively.  Schumi won 7 titles, 5 of them in a row.

He was doping.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 07:11:59 PM »
He was doping.

Actually, he probably was.  Along with every other driver on the grid.  Doping is not tested for, or if it is that is a very recent development.  James Hunt was well known to snort cocain before each race.  So PED use by Schumi (and most other drivers) would only surprise me by its absense.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2013, 08:04:29 PM »
Huh. Surprised me.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 09:06:03 PM »
Drug use or lifestyle at the James Hunt level would not be tolerated in today's F1. Probably not survivable but if it was the army of personal trainers and team bosses would have something to say. Nascar jokes aside the people that make it to F1 are physically training at olympic level.
AKA Navy Joe   

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2013, 09:32:16 PM »
Drug use or lifestyle at the James Hunt level would not be tolerated in today's F1. Probably not survivable but if it was the army of personal trainers and team bosses would have something to say. Nascar jokes aside the people that make it to F1 are physically training at olympic level.

The cocain, et al, probably isn't tolerated anymore.  But are you seriously suggesting F1 drivers aren't using PED's?

I'd be shocked if the sexual appetites are any different.  Hunt was an outlier even in that arena, but high libedo is likely the norm, not the exception.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2013, 10:35:46 PM »
Not suggesting that at all. Wonder what it would be though. Any stimulants have a coming off downside and weigh on the physiology to support consistent and sharp reactions, absolute strength isn't needed, so some horsecrap like the MMA Vitor Belfort TRT scandal is unlikely. In fact since weight is such an issue and only going to get worse I'd guess that any strength enhancement is out. The off duty lifestyle? Most of them have high end girlfriends, but I really think even that aspect is managed relentlessly. Don't really want some little spat losing you millions of dollars in the Constructor's.

I've known of high level short track racers that were quite fond of cocaine. Not a really fun level playing field when one guy has no concept or care of killing himself.
AKA Navy Joe   

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2013, 11:03:55 AM »
Medical team treating Michael Schumacher claims that there are signs of a slight improvement but that there is still a long way to go.

http://www.pitpass.com/50684/Schumacher-Slight-improvement

At least, a bit of good news.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2013, 05:00:13 PM »
Though it is looking like there's a pretty good chance he'll survive, the big question is how deeply he'll be affected by neurological damage.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 06:01:47 PM »
Hunt was an outlier even in that arena, ...

James Hunt was an outlier in just about every arena imaginable. It was Hunt's driving that gave rise to the journalstic expressions "off course excursion" and "Hunt's shunts."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design