Author Topic: Selfie-incriminating  (Read 8361 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Selfie-incriminating
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2013, 08:57:17 AM »
Aren't the Kardashians just famous for being famous?

I thought they were a militaristic alien species in STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION....... :facepalm: [tinfoil]

Good one! Although they were featured more prominently in Deep Space Nine. Introduced in TNG
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2013, 01:22:16 PM »
A while ago a close buddy of mine said his wife wanted to take some "dicey" pictures of the both of them and I told him not to.  I said that with the divorce statistics as they were, no matter how lovey-dovey they were now, pictures were "evidence," especially since they had kids, and pics of him alone being "dicey" might prejudice the authorities in a custody fight.

He nodded thoughtfully.

Sure as heck, they're now an unhappy couple.  I gave him an escape route by telling him he could stay with me for a while if worse cane to worst.  I haven't asked him about whether or not any pictures were taken, but I hope not.

Things.  Change.  Change.  Is.  Bad.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2013, 01:51:34 PM »
A while ago a close buddy of mine said his wife wanted to take some "dicey" pictures of the both of them and I told him not to.  I said that with the divorce statistics as they were, no matter how lovey-dovey they were now, pictures were "evidence," especially since they had kids, and pics of him alone being "dicey" might prejudice the authorities in a custody fight.

He nodded thoughtfully.

Sure as heck, they're now an unhappy couple.  I gave him an escape route by telling him he could stay with me for a while if worse cane to worst.  I haven't asked him about whether or not any pictures were taken, but I hope not.

Things.  Change.  Change.  Is.  Bad.

Terry, 230RN

That. Is why you keep your clothes on until marriage, and then stay married.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2013, 03:25:19 PM »

That. Is why you keep your clothes on until marriage, and then stay married nekkid.

Fixed  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2013, 03:46:12 PM »
"That. Is why you keep your clothes on until marriage, and then stay married."

"That. Is why you keep your clothes on until marriage, and then stay married  nekkid."

Good advice.

Both.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2013, 04:04:07 PM »

That. Is why you keep your clothes on until marriage, and then stay married.

As it turns out, this is often outside ones control, particularly if you're male.  Best to hedge your bets.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2013, 05:25:38 PM »
As it turns out, this is often outside ones control, particularly if you're male.  Best to hedge your bets.

Nobody ever said it was entirely in one's control. The point is - stay married.

How do you suggest one hedge one's bets, here?

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2013, 05:47:55 PM »
Nobody ever said it was entirely in one's control. The point is - stay married.

I must not quite understand.  Stay married - even if it isn't inside one's control to?

My point is the choice to stay married is only half yours to make. [Statistically, less]  Making an axiom like "Why is this a problem?  Just stay married" is as unrealistic me as saying "Why carry a gun?  Just avoid trouble."

How do you suggest one hedge one's bets, here?

Easy, do not allow yourself to be photographed in such a way you would be uncomfortable with said photograph being publicly disseminated.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2013, 06:03:48 PM »
Easy, do not allow yourself to be photographed in such a way you would be uncomfortable with said photograph being publicly disseminated.

Heck, I do my utmost to avoid being photographed at all. I try to be kind to the cameras of the world ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2013, 06:39:34 PM »
"That. Is why you keep your clothes on until marriage, and then stay married."

"That. Is why you keep your clothes on until marriage, and then stay married  nekkid."

Good advice.

Both.

The second bit would probably help with the first bit.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2013, 07:06:31 PM »
The second bit would probably help with the first bit.

It does  :angel:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2013, 07:27:10 PM »
I must not quite understand.  Stay married - even if it isn't inside one's control to?

My point is the choice to stay married is only half yours to make. [Statistically, less]  Making an axiom like "Why is this a problem?  Just stay married" is as unrealistic me as saying "Why carry a gun?  Just avoid trouble."

I think we both misunderstood each other. Like I already said, probably never a good idea to take steamy pics. But this applies to more than just photographs. Keep it PG-rated until marriage, and then avoid divorce, except in the most dire circumstances (abusive spouse who keeps stalking you, etc).

Obviously, one can only avoid divorce until the other party goes all unilateral.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2013, 08:55:40 PM »
I think we both misunderstood each other. Like I already said, probably never a good idea to take steamy pics. But this applies to more than just photographs. Keep it PG-rated until marriage, and then avoid divorce, except in the most dire circumstances (abusive spouse who keeps stalking you, etc).

Obviously, one can only avoid divorce until the other party goes all unilateral.

I bet plenty members of this board have harddrives or shoe boxes full of steamy pics of SOs and ex's.

I think those who use such against an ex are realitivly rare.
You can breakup with someone (or devoirce them) and still have a reasonable expectation that such photos would stay private.

Say, god forbid, you and mrs. fistful devoirced, and it was as bitter as all get out. If you had steamy photo's of mrs. fistful, would you post them all over the internet?

I think there is some need for caution, but your take is beyond caution and just downright prudish.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2013, 11:48:41 PM »
...your take [the traditional norm in sexual mores] is beyond caution and just downright prudish.

Yeah, yeah, that's where we always differ. You think anyone that behaves themselves is a prude, because you're so free and liberated, or whatever. Hey, it's a free country. You have the right to be mistaken.