Author Topic: Want to Pay $42K for a Kia? Buy it in Cuba  (Read 728 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Want to Pay $42K for a Kia? Buy it in Cuba
« on: January 06, 2014, 09:39:23 PM »
Looks like the whole "power to the worker" thing is once again working out really well. Good old Marx!

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/01/06/cubans-aghast-at-car-prices-as-new-law-kicks-in/?intcmp=features
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Want to Pay $42K for a Kia? Buy it in Cuba
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 01:19:34 PM »
Not sure why, but communism really hates the working man owning a car.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 01:28:39 PM »

Freedom of movement.

You can go where you want outside of government plans. That's very bad to those who know what's good for you.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 01:29:23 PM »
Because cars = more freedom than public transportation. Both in the "travel whenever you want" sense, and also the freedom from having to deal with drunks, druggies, nutcases, criminals and similar.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 01:56:43 PM by Viking »
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila