Author Topic: Canadians protest 'North American Union'  (Read 943 times)

Desertdog

• friends
Canadians protest 'North American Union'
« on: September 09, 2006, 08:06:58 PM »
I am glad to see that we are not the only ones against this stupid plan.

Party to fly national flag upside down in protest at convention
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51904

By Jerome R. Corsi
© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

A Canadian political party intends to fly the national flag upside down during its convention this weekend as a signal of distress and resistance against the integration of Canada with the United States and Mexico into a North American Union regional government.

Connie Fogal, the leader of the Canadian Action Party told WND "we are opposed to the plan to develop the Security and Prosperity Partnership into a EU-style North American Union government" which "amounts to treason and is a total violation of the constitutional rights of Canadian citizens."

Fogel explained that the party has decided to fly the Canadian Flag upside down during its convention "as a signal of our distress and resistance against the integration of Canada with the United States and Mexico."

Fogal argues the plan to form a North American Union is designed to avoid public scrutiny and to maintain "deniability" even as the legal structure for a new regional government is being put into place by the executive branches of the three countries.
Connie Fogal

Cabinet-level executive branch participants of the SPP working groups in Canada are organized to work with counterparts in the U.S. and Mexico largely out of public view.

"The plan is to create the NAU incrementally," Fogal told WND, "because if any of the three governments were up front about their true intentions, the SPP plan would never fly."

The U.S. Department of Commerce SPP website contains a link to the SPP counterparts in Mexico and Canada.

Fogel used strong language in expressing to WND the focus of the Canadian Action Party to bring the SPP and NAU to the attention of Canadians.

"The rapid integration of North America into one entity ruled by an unaccountable, unrepresented and unelected group cabal of administrative executive branch officials is treason pure and simple," she said.

The Canadian Action Party is recognized by Canadian federal elections officials as an official Canadian political party. In the 2006 federal election, the party fielded some 36 candidates but received only some .04% of the vote.

A video currently archived on YouTube.com records Connie Fogel's charge that the Canadian involvement in SPP and the movement to create the NAU constitutes treason.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 11:50:44 AM »
It will take a while for researchers to wade through the FOIA data recently provided by the US federales.  I understand a similar effort is underway in Canada.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 12:54:50 PM »
Yeah, need a helluva lot mor public scrutiny of this whole deal.

I do get tired of the overworked abuse of the word "treason", though.  It would be nice if some people took the trouble to buy a dictionary.

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 03:03:25 PM »
Quote from: Art Eatman
Yeah, need a helluva lot mor public scrutiny of this whole deal.

I do get tired of the overworked abuse of the word "treason", though.  It would be nice if some people took the trouble to buy a dictionary.

Art
I don't know Art.  Shadowy unelected cabal running things with no oversight and no public accountability.  Sounds pretty treasonous to me.  I never liked how international treaties have been used to trump the constitution.

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 05:11:46 AM »
Treason is giving aid and comfort to an enemy during a time of war.  From its definition within our Constitution, I figure that "war" in this specific case includes a Declaration by Congress.   I didn't know we were at war with either Mexico or Canada.

Art

LAK

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 01:25:38 AM »
I agree with Art strictly speaking here

However, if one is prepared to accept that there is such a thing as a "war on drugs", a "war on terrorism" etc - one can say that we are in a political and ideological "war"; one aimed squarely at our Constitution and sovereignty. In essence the destruction of our nation via a political coup d'etat.

It is no coincidence that the political and ideological lineage of these people can be traced back to that which organized and instigated the Bolshevik revolution among other things. Politically, ideologically - morally - these people have been and are the enemies of this country. Just because they wear shirt, tie and a more recent suit cut and have wormed there way into our political system does not change that.

Perhaps a better term for them is what they often throw at patriots in this country; anti-government. Since they are de facto anti-government in the continual subversion and undermining of our government.

---------------------------------------------

http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 04:25:20 AM »
Well, I just get tired of sloppy use of language.  The wilful misuse by politicans, bureaucrats and lawyers has always chapped me.  However, just because THEY mess up the language is no reason WE should be sloppy.

After all, if folks are gonna holler about going by the Constitution, it seems to me they're bound by the definitions therein...

Aside from all that blather:  It is a betrayal of principle for national leaders to hammer out agreements without the public being informed.  That's the whole deal with public hearings and press releases and all that.  

Never trust anybody who limits the information flow with some variation on, "We're doing this for your own good."  They're lying, or they'd be open and honest about the intentions.

Smiley, Art

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 06:12:21 AM »
Connie Fogal, the leader of the Canadian Action Party told WND "we are opposed to the plan to develop the Security and Prosperity Partnership into a EU-style North American Union government" which "amounts to treason and is a total violation of the constitutional rights of Canadian citizens."
Channeling John McClain

"Welcome to the party pal!"

Well, I just get tired of sloppy use of language.  The wilful misuse by politicans, bureaucrats and lawyers has always chapped me.  However, just because THEY mess up the language is no reason WE should be sloppy.
I concur Art.  Even though I've been guilty of the same sin from time to time, careless use of the the language due to willful ignorance or ill intent bothers me to no end.  Unfortunately the label "Oathbreaker" does not carry the same weight with most of the American population that "Treason" does. Think of traitor we all learned of in grammar school, and who comes to mind?  General Benedict Arnold.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 02:42:29 PM »
I am ok with the general ussage.  I see it as a matter akin to common ussage vs. strict legal ussage.  When someone says another person should be tried for murder we seldom have a tiffy over if they meant the legal definitions of murder or manslaughter ect ect.  I think the real point is that some real crime is occuring.  As seemingly no actions are being taken at all, its premature to be concerned with the technicalities of specific charges.

4 results for: treason
View results from: Dictionary | Thesaurus | Encyclopedia | the Web

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source new!
trea‧son  /ˈtrizən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[tree-zuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

noun 1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.  
2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.  
3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 11751225; ME tre(i)so(u)n < AF; OF traïson < L trāditiōn- (s. of trāditiō) a handing over, betrayal. See tradition]

Synonyms 1. Treason, sedition mean disloyalty or treachery to one's country or its government. Treason is any attempt to overthrow the government or impair the well-being of a state to which one owes allegiance; the crime of giving aid or comfort to the enemies of one's government. Sedition is any act, writing, speech, etc., directed unlawfully against state authority, the government, or constitution, or calculated to bring it into contempt or to incite others to hostility, ill will or disaffection; it does not amount to treason and therefore is not a capital offense. 2. See disloyalty.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source new! trea·son (trzn)  Pronunciation Key    
n.
Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.
A betrayal of trust or confidence.

[Middle English, from Anglo-Norman treson, from Latin trditi, trditin-, a handing over. See tradition.]

(Download Now or Buy the Book) The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law
Main Entry: trea·son
Pronunciation: 'trEz-&noun
Function: noun
Etymology: Anglo-French treison crime of violence against a person to whom allegiance is owed, literally, betrayal, from Old French traïson, from traïr to betray, from Latin tradere to hand over, surrender
: the offense of attempting to overthrow the government of one's country or of assisting its enemies in war; specifically : the act of levying war against the United States or adhering to or giving aid and comfort to its enemies by one who owes it allegiance trea·son·ous /-&s/ adjective

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.
WordNet - Cite This Source new!
treason

n 1: a crime that undermines the offender's government [syn: high treason, lese majesty] 2: disloyalty by virtue of subversive behavior [syn: subversiveness, traitorousness] 3: an act of deliberate betrayal [syn: treachery, betrayal, perfidy]

WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 04:41:33 PM »
Back to the topic:  Trade agreements are one thing.  Governmental agreements which subvert civil rights are another.  Care must be taken to keep these two separate.

A problem with a lot of these "discussions" is that they bring in such things as transportation corridors and allied subjects (well, sorta allied) like eminent domain, toll roads, crime, trucks and Lord knows what else.  IOW, too much stuff that is not really part of the trade agreement's wording, or is not part of any civil rights issue.

Art