Author Topic: Anti-Trust: Microsoft vs Google  (Read 5383 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Anti-Trust: Microsoft vs Google
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2014, 08:16:13 PM »
It doesn't matter what color the ones you can see are.  [tinfoil]

Grey black ish. I don't think I'm giving away state secrets if I stated the airframes are Sikorsky, and the stealth stuff added by the people who make pretty much every other stealth aircraft.

Looked bigger when I couldn't see 'im.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2014, 04:21:50 PM »
I'm pretty sure that like me, Bryan just let's it be water off a duck's back. S... I make jokes about Fed employees as much as the next guy, if not more.

Pretty much.  Although I'm a state employee, not a Fed.   Yeah, I make the same sort of jokes, and I get pissed to no end when I see people living up to the stereotype the general public has about us.  I know plenty of people who come in and do a great job every day, and they get lumped in with the garbage.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 04:31:07 PM »
Pretty much.  Although I'm a state employee, not a Fed.   Yeah, I make the same sort of jokes, and I get pissed to no end when I see people living up to the stereotype the general public has about us.  I know plenty of people who come in and do a great job every day, and they get lumped in with the garbage.

That's because .gov hiring practices use the 10% method:  10% of the employees will do 90% of the work.  The other 90% of the employees not only live up to, but actually create the stereotypes.  The 10% are decent people, doing the job to the best of their ability, and end up having to suffer the slings and arrows of public perception. 
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht