Author Topic: Shocking! 2.4 million High-Cap Mags Missing  (Read 3725 times)

Waitone

• friend
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Shocking! 2.4 million High-Cap Mags Missing
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 07:17:09 PM »
I wonder, are specific magazines registered, or could a person just register 5 out of their 50 magazines, and then give an appearance of legality by never having more than five in the vehicle, or keeping all but five magazines hidden somewhere, etc?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 07:20:15 PM »
it was estimated that The Constitution State had at least “2.4 million” of the offending magazines within its borders. But now, after the new forced registration law set in, only about 38,000 high capacity magazines were registered. So, where did they all go?

Made my day.

I wonder, are specific magazines registered,

I don't know about the AR world.  Not a one of my AK magazines has a serial number I can find.  Play a shell game, "where's my magazine?".
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 07:20:59 PM »
Shockingly high rates of boating accidents.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 07:27:56 PM »
Shockingly high rates of boating accidents.

Long Island Sound is dangerous  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 08:17:17 PM »
Made my day.

I don't know about the AR world.  Not a one of my AK magazines has a serial number I can find.  Play a shell game, "where's my magazine?".

I have never seen an AR magazine with a serial number.  AFAIK, they don't exist.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 08:41:20 PM »
It's kind of like California, it is still possible to actually own and use standard cap magazines if they were owned before the made illegal date and are used in a rifle set up a certain way. No real way to prove you didn't own a standard cap mag before the date. Well, unless the gun didn't exist before then , or you are like me and didn't even live in the state before then.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 09:58:37 PM »
I "declared" two mags because I needed them for work, and sent the rest of them to live with my friend in New Hampshire.  I have conformed with the letter of the law.  ;/
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 10:51:50 PM »
Made my day.

'Zackly
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 01:03:54 AM »
I "declared" two mags because I needed them for work, and sent the rest of them to live with my friend in New Hampshire.  I have conformed with the letter of the law.  ;/

Sure you did. Wink wink. Nudge nudge.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 09:44:05 AM »
Hiding it is time to be using it.
I promise not to duck.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 10:44:31 AM »
I don't even like thinking of the possibility of forced compliance, and the likely results . . .

"Remember Connecticut!" just doesn't have much of a ring to it.

And the irony that this type of totalitarianism is occurring in "The Constitution State" is sickening.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 11:25:28 AM »
Oh the noes! Tweakers stole all my magazines for the scrap metal value!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 01:57:32 PM »
If the damn Canadians can't be made to comply, I find it hard to imagine any American state would. Even a liberal state like CT MA NY etc.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 02:59:17 PM »
If the damn Canadians can't be made to comply, I find it hard to imagine any American state would. Even a liberal state like CT MA NY etc.

I enjoy your comedy.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 06:23:32 PM »
I remember hearing commentary not long ago about the Australian gun ban.  The guy mentioned that they knew how many Ruger 10/22's and other specific firearms were imported to Austrialia before the ban, but records show that only a small fraction of them were ever registered.  They same could be said for a large number of different pistols and rifles.  They only mentioned a few types. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 10:05:38 AM »
Maybe they got lost in the same place as the Charter of 1662!   :laugh:

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 11:49:59 AM »

My new Reserve unit is in CA (long story) but the result is I've had a chance to talk, in person, with quite a few CA residents about guns.  I was a little taken aback by how freely and nonchalantly they talked about owning, showed pictures of and shot weapons that I know are illegal in CA.  I'm starting to get the impression that gun law compliance among otherwise law abiding folks is a lot lower than I had thought.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 12:01:21 PM »
My new Reserve unit is in CA (long story) but the result is I've had a chance to talk, in person, with quite a few CA residents about guns.  I was a little taken aback by how freely and nonchalantly they talked about owning, showed pictures of and shot weapons that I know are illegal in CA.  I'm starting to get the impression that gun law compliance among otherwise law abiding folks is a lot lower than I had thought.

The laws were written as Jim Crow laws to be used to control the lower class riff-raff.

The "good people" know they aren't supposed to apply to them.

The police initially only enforce them against the riff-raff.

Time goes by, and the police enforce those same laws on everyone, regardless of social status or involvement in any malum in se actions rather than mere malum prohibitum actions.

This is why Jim Crow laws, along with any malum prohibitum laws, are so dangerous.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!