Author Topic: Amanda knox convicted  (Read 18222 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Amanda knox convicted
« on: January 30, 2014, 06:04:49 PM »
Again
I have to admit I bought the hype first time around.
Not so much this time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Amanda knox convicted
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 06:20:57 PM »
My mind-reading skills are down today.

Crystal ball yields no results.

Don't feel like googling it.

Background?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 06:32:54 PM »
I paid little attention to this, but I did see a recent interview with Knox. My gut feeling was that she is guilty.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 06:34:19 PM »
OK, thanks for the link.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 06:43:54 PM »
I paid little attention to this, but I did see a recent interview with Knox. My gut feeling was that she is guilty.

she had a publicity machine that was pretty good. i thinks shes not only guilty but she tried to hang it on her boss . he was lucky he could prove his innocence. and she admits to wrongfully naming him"cause she was scared"

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 07:12:09 PM »
extradition  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 07:17:24 PM »
hopefully

it'll take a while

shes got as many defenders as troy davis   and they are just as delusional

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 08:43:39 PM »
Zero extradition. U.S. won't on any grounds or trials that are unconstitutional. This one being simple double-jeopardy.

I feel bad for Kercher's family, but frankly, the kangaroo court third world freakshow that is "Italian Justice", the alternately three stooges then abusive police, and incompetent amateur-hour mistakes in basic scientific procedure and chain of custody in evidence by the forensics people is the much larger issue now. Italy's criminal justice system is an embarrassment to Italy, Europe, and Western Civ in general.

Even if she did do it, Italy essentially went to court with what amounts to a frame job to convict her.

I wouldn't turn *expletive deleted*ing Charles Manson over to them.

I promise not to duck.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 08:44:45 PM »
This is the same Italy that convicted a scientist because he failed to predict an earthquake-

The Italian court system is weird, even by US standards.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 08:59:08 PM »
Zero extradition. U.S. won't on any grounds or trials that are unconstitutional. This one being simple double-jeopardy.

I feel bad for Kercher's family, but frankly, the kangaroo court third world freakshow that is "Italian Justice", the alternately three stooges then abusive police, and incompetent amateur-hour mistakes in basic scientific procedure and chain of custody in evidence by the forensics people is the much larger issue now. Italy's criminal justice system is an embarrassment to Italy, Europe, and Western Civ in general.

Even if she did do it, Italy essentially went to court with what amounts to a frame job to convict her.

I wouldn't turn *expletive deleted* Charles Manson over to them.

What he said.

She could be guilty as sin or innocent as a bird, I really don't care.
The soap opera aspect is as annoying as hell and the Italian court is koo koo for co co puffs.
Hell, actual soap opera's are better scripted, researched and acted out, which is really saying something.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 09:32:23 PM »
This is the same Italy that convicted a scientist because he failed to predict an earthquake-

The Italian court system is weird, even by US standards.

Thank you! I was trying to remember that one.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 10:22:41 PM »
Any bets on Obama's "justice" dept. finding a way to give her to Italy?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Re: Amanda knox convicted
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 11:20:22 PM »

Only if she becomes a conservative activist... and somehow I doubt that happening.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 12:07:15 AM »
Her biggest cheerleader has been the American media. As the American media is rarely ever right on anything, my first notion was that she must be guilty.  :laugh:

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 12:09:45 AM »
Bummer.

I thought she was kinda cute.

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 09:08:01 AM »
Bummer.

I thought she was kinda cute.

That's Anna Chapman. Russian Spy.

Not Amanda Knox, convicted (by a kangaroo court!) murderess.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 09:11:25 AM »

This is Amanda Knox

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 09:32:12 AM »
"Pretty white girl in trouble in a foreign country.  Film at 11"
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 10:03:10 AM »
Great.  Now the local news will be all Amanda Knox all the time for 2 weeks.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 10:13:47 AM »

Since Amanda lives here in Seattle, suffice it to say that her story has gotten media coverage here up the wazoo for years.  The State Department has a pretty defined process for considering requests for extradition.  We have had a mutual extradition treaty with Italy for decades. If the Italians want her back, and we ever want to ask Italy to send a criminal convicted in American courts back, that is something that State takes into consideration: not just that case, but potential future cases.  The only real exception is that Italy, along with many other First World nations, will not extradite someone who faces the death penalty back in the country that wants them.

As for all the media attention, I think this is another case of cute middle class white girl rallies the troops to fight for her rights in a foreign land.  Italy has had a well-functioning court system for centuries before the USA did, and there are many aspects of the American justice system as practiced throughout the country that I would have a hard time defending to foreigners.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 10:40:44 AM »
As for all the media attention, I think this is another case of cute middle class white girl rallies the troops to fight for her rights in a foreign land.  Italy has had a well-functioning court system for centuries millennia before the USA did, and there are many aspects of the American justice system as practiced throughout the country that I would have a hard time defending to foreigners.

Fixed.  Don't forget Rome.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2014, 11:33:36 AM »
Fixed.  Don't forget Rome.

Worked out well for that Jewish carpenter  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2014, 12:01:40 PM »
If she has half a brain she'll be on her way to a non extradition country.  Write a book and live fat dumb and happy.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2014, 12:05:36 PM »
If she has half a brain she'll be on her way to a non extradition country.  Write a book and live fat dumb and happy.

Proving she's a criminal [/Tommygunn]

Chris