Author Topic: Underwater Pyramid Found Near Portugal  (Read 2769 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Underwater Pyramid Found Near Portugal
« on: January 31, 2014, 03:26:13 PM »
Any of y'all seen this or other articles?  Bogus or real?  Is CSGlobe of the tinfoil fedora folk?

http://csglobe.com/underwater-pyramid-found-near-portugal/

According to claims, the structure is said to be perfectly squared and oriented by the cardinalpoints. Current estimates obtained using GPS digital technology put the height at 60 meters with a base of 8000 square meters. The Portuguese Hydrographic Institute of the Navy currently has the job of analyzing the data to determine whether or not the structure is man-made.

The pyramid is perfectly shaped and apparently oriented by the cardinal points,” Silva told Diário Insular, the local newspaper.

The pyramid was found in an area of the mid-Atlantic that has been underwater for about 20,000 years. Considering this is around the time of the last ice age where glaciation was melting from its peak 2000 years prior, whatever civilization, human or not, that was around before the ice age, could be responsible for building the pyramid. While the Portuguese Navy still hasn’t determined the origins, many might question why this hasn’t been first reported on sooner than late 2012. Certainly the NOAA who studies volcanic activity in the area of the pyramid would have discovered the pyramid through sonar imaging and so forth since the area is heavily studied due to volcanic activity. Either the NOAA hasn’t yet come across it, they are hiding what they have found, or the pyramid doesn’t exist. The last theory does not seem to be likely given the authenticity of the find.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Underwater Pyramid Found Near Portugal
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 03:37:55 PM »
I will be interested to hear if this is essentially a pyramid-shaped rock, or is it a pyramid made of cut and dressed stone blocks?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 03:46:07 PM »

We'll have to wait and see. If plenty of photos are released, then yay. If not, yet another hoax.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 03:50:43 PM »
A sleestak habitation??? :lol:
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 03:52:36 PM »
With a sensationalist picture like this heading off the article, I call BS.

Two pyramids in this pic, which is obviously a 'shoop of the Giza environment.  Water isn't that clear anywhere, let alone in the Atlantic ocean 100 meters down.  Second pyramid would be invisible at that distance.  Water and divers inserted as an effect.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 04:19:58 PM »
Pffft.  Buncha pyramid wacko nonsense.  It's the remnants of Ilha Nova island.

Their supposed pyramid was "discovered" in 1720 when an eruption along the Dom Joao de Castro Bank created short lived Ilha Nova.  It only stayed topside a couple years before the visible cone eroded away.  The stub of the volcano is still there, a mere 40 feet or so beneath the surface.

Go to Google Earth and look between Sao Miguel and Terceira.  The underwater cone shows up clearly.  On my version of GE it's labeled the Dom Joao de Castro Reef.

Brad
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:32:17 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 07:33:17 PM »
With a sensationalist picture like this heading off the article, I call BS.

Two pyramids in this pic, which is obviously a 'shoop of the Giza environment.  Water isn't that clear anywhere, let alone in the Atlantic ocean 100 meters down.  Second pyramid would be invisible at that distance.  Water and divers inserted as an effect.

That looks like some somewhat crude computor generated photo, the whole thing, not just a cut/paste of Giza.
I think I'll wait until this is vetted better before popping the cork on a champaigne bottle.  Meanwhile maybe we ought to  send this in to George Noory at Coast-to-CoastAM.  [tinfoil] [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 07:57:08 PM »
Mulder: Underwater pyramids, Scully!  Finally we have proof that Atlantis existed!

Scully: Crystalline quartz deposits in the sedimentary rock account for the square shape, and the iron-rich rock has been aligned naturally to the Earth's magnetic field.  Differences in temperature of the water layers that close to the surface allow ferrous-eating bacteria to thrive on a reverse-logarithmic scale, which explains the pyramid shape.

Mulder: You're no fun.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 08:08:59 PM »
The solution to finding out if it's real or fake is simple.

Send Arnold S and Beiber down in a submarine.

If Arnie comes back alone, then it's a pyrimid and the Predators will die of Beiber fever, so we are all safe, from both Predators and Bieber.

If they both come back, it's a hoax and we'll have to find some other excuse for deploying the Bieber BioWeapon.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds