Author Topic: This just in: Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead  (Read 12294 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: This just in: Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2014, 10:09:05 AM »
Have seen in some nooz that the link to other ODs is being investigated.

to illustrate how an addict thinks junkies everywhere are trying to score that dope.  cause its stronger/better
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2014, 01:35:42 PM »
I know two little bits about fentanyl. One, a derivative of it was what the Russians used to incapacitate everyone in the theater terrorist attack. Second one, they had my dad on an IV drip. He was adamant that there were horns growing out of his head. Anything that would make a guy prefer zero painkillers 8 hours after open heart surgery is pretty scary. And then you want me to melt this and some other crap in a spoon and inject it? Hey, no thanks. Got enough issues with the flue shot needle. Junkies weird.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

• friends
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2014, 01:39:33 PM »
I know two little bits about fentanyl. One, a derivative of it was what the Russians used to incapacitate everyone in the theater terrorist attack. Second one, they had my dad on an IV drip. He was adamant that there were horns growing out of his head. Anything that would make a guy prefer zero painkillers 8 hours after open heart surgery is pretty scary. And then you want me to melt this and some other crap in a spoon and inject it? Hey, no thanks. Got enough issues with the flue shot needle. Junkies weird.

very
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 01:57:04 PM »
yeah.  I can't wrap my head around that, or the tweekers who will buy meth made by a guy who probably flunked high school chemistry, mixed in his bathroom using crap he stole and stirred together, and then smoke or shoot it.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 02:15:31 PM »
In other news: Charlie Sheen Found Alive In His New York Apartment, Aged 48

The acting fraternity has reacted with shock and sadness at the news that Charlie Sheen is alive and well in his New York penthouse apartment. He is 48. Sheen was found to be alive on the same day another actor, Oscar-winning Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead of a suspected drug overdose. blah blah blah
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2014, 02:27:55 PM »
When you've buried a few people you care about (I'm up to 3) because of drug abuse, your views may change.

I will say this: clinical depression and substance abuse are best friends.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

• friends
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2014, 02:35:59 PM »
When you've buried a few people you care about (I'm up to 3) because of drug abuse, your views may change.

yea  and the irony is the temporary respite is followed by greater depression

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2014, 03:02:44 PM »
One of our counselors is fond of saying that damn few people use to feel good.  Most use to feel better, or numb, or to feel something other than what they usually feel.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

• friends
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2014, 03:33:34 PM »
One of our counselors is fond of saying that damn few people use to feel good.  Most use to feel better, or numb, or to feel something other than what they usually feel.

counselors a keeper

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2014, 03:39:34 PM »
counselors a keeper

Eagle Scout, Marine, Minister, amateur archaeologist, counselor.  It's too bad he supports an AWB and mag restrictions...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

• friends
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2014, 03:49:20 PM »
Eagle Scout, Marine, Minister, amateur archaeologist, counselor.  It's too bad he supports an AWB and mag restrictions...

if hes a good counselor i can forgive him.  its a job i've steered clear of

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Re: This just in: Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2014, 04:12:54 PM »

so, he's crazy?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2014, 04:42:05 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmiokmLv2Fs
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Re: This just in: Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2014, 06:04:29 PM »
so, he's crazy?

Yep.  But he admits it, and (tries) to debate me on the AWB with logic, not emotion or personal attacks.  At this point, we respectfully, and fervently disagree.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2014, 07:46:39 PM »
Can he define what an AW is?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2014, 10:26:36 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2014, 07:35:39 AM »
Can he define what an AW is?

Only in the politically correct manner...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2014, 11:08:13 AM »
^^^ with the shoulder thingy that goes up?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2014, 11:33:33 AM »
^^^ with the shoulder thingy that goes up?

I would hope that anyone who successfully graduated Marine Corps Boot would be able to know the names of the parts of a rifle.

His PC definition of Assault Weapon involves "rapid fire/semi-automatic" and "high capacity magazines" since those are only intended to kill as many people as possible in a quick and efficient manner.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2014, 12:27:23 PM »
I would hope that anyone who successfully graduated Marine Corps Boot would be able to know the names of the parts of a rifle.

His PC definition of Assault Weapon involves "rapid fire/semi-automatic" and "high capacity magazines" since those are only intended to kill as many people as possible in a quick and efficient manner.

Sometimes, you just need to kill as many people as possible in a quick and efficient manner.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2014, 04:44:05 PM »
Sometimes, you just need to kill as many people as possible in a quick and efficient manner.

. . . such as mixing heroin with fentanyl.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2014, 01:38:05 PM »
Was just discussing this with dad.

We both agreed he was a good actor, got a mild chuckle over the related candellight vigil meme and shrugged off the whole "anti gun" thing (famous actor is anti gun is as about as shocking as the fact that fish swim)

Dads parting comment was this:
*sigh* "I wish Justin Beiber would die."

:lol:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2014, 01:42:42 PM »
. . . such as mixing heroin with fentanyl.

My understanding is that it is highly unlikely that is the case. A more probable cause is mixing opioids with other depressants such as alcohol.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2014, 01:51:51 PM »
I was a fan of his since he was "George hidin' in Big Daddy's pocket."
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

• friends
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2014, 03:12:28 PM »
My understanding is that it is highly unlikely that is the case. A more probable cause is mixing opioids with other depressants such as alcohol.

i often wonder when an experienced used dies if it was really suicide. though the quality of dope is much higher than in the past

and heres a point of view
http://debbiebayerblog.com/2014/02/04/phillip-seymour-hoffman-did-not-have-choice-or-free-will-and-neither-do-you/