Author Topic: VE HAF RULZ!  (Read 19639 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Re: Re:
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 03:08:05 PM »
Its unfortunately true here
For pitys sake va doesn't do common core and we've had the ranters show up agitated at meetings seemingly unable to grasp that while va was a part of tbe standards development we opted out thinking ee could go higher independently. I am not totally unsympathetic to fears folks have over what they've been told it represents.  However in this area at least the representatives of opposition are members of multiple groups I had mentioned.  The guys the other parents roll their eyes when they show up, usually with a videographer. Its good entertainment but folks leave early for work and a 8 pm meeting we like to get things done and humoring these folks isn't on the to do list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Surely even you see the error in that logic. "Most crazy conspiranoia types don't like common core. Therefore, people who don't like common core are crazy conspiranoia types. Most members of white supremacist groups self identify as Christian when asked their religious affiliation. Therefore, Christians are neo-nazis."

And I love the cheap dig, "what they've been told it represents." Cause of course no one could have actually read the materials, have a thorough understanding of the program, and object to it. Nope, must be just a bunch of delusional morons frothing over imaginary concerns.

This is what happens when we don't have a bad cop thread you can troll isn't it?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 03:59:04 PM »
Surely even you see the error in that logic. "Most crazy conspiranoia types don't like common core. Therefore, people who don't like common core are crazy conspiranoia types. Most members of white supremacist groups self identify as Christian when asked their religious affiliation. Therefore, Christians are neo-nazis."

And I love the cheap dig, "what they've been told it represents." Cause of course no one could have actually read the materials, have a thorough understanding of the program, and object to it. Nope, must be just a bunch of delusional morons frothing over imaginary concerns.

This is what happens when we don't have a bad cop thread you can troll isn't it?

while there must be folks that actually do some research i am waiting to meet one. i've asked. i get pointed to the same couple you tube vids or "shudder" info wars.
at the meetings here i am the guy that goes up to them and explains that they will call the cops and the cops will remove em. several times its been guys i know so i am trying to spare them the ride. i often fail but hey when folks show up to rant about a program thats NOT gonna be used its kinda an indicator of state of mind. some folks are scared of em think they are crazy.  they aren't so much crazy as intense and in my interactions under and mis informed. typically they've seen someone elses vid and it got them fired up. their hearts are in the right place but brain hasn't caught up.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 04:10:23 PM »
while there must be folks that actually do some research i am waiting to meet one. i've asked. i get pointed to the same couple you tube vids or "shudder" info wars.
at the meetings here i am the guy that goes up to them and explains that they will call the cops and the cops will remove em. several times its been guys i know so i am trying to spare them the ride. i often fail but hey when folks show up to rant about a program thats NOT gonna be used its kinda an indicator of state of mind. some folks are scared of em think they are crazy.  they aren't so much crazy as intense and in my interactions under and mis informed. typically they've seen someone elses vid and it got them fired up. their hearts are in the right place but brain hasn't caught up.

"The crazy people who show up to rant are crazy, therefore everyone who is opposes to the same thing they are is equally crazy."

Perhaps you don't meet the non-crazy ranting people because (wait for it) they don't show up to rant crazily? Nah, they must all be like that.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

• friends
Re: VE HAF RULZ!
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 04:12:46 PM »
heck as the best endorsement of common core the new york teachers union hates it
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/new-york-common-core-teachers-schools-education-102614.html
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2014, 05:37:53 PM »
Hate to break it to you C&SD but I was one of those that showed up at the local school board meeting to register my opinion on Common Core.

However, I'm not a truther, birther, vaxxer (unless you mean I get my kids vaccinated), HAARPist, or Chemtrailer.

I did, however, not care for the Federal database that Common Core uses (and provides to various .gov agencies and private companies).

The local school board gave the impression that they weren't exactly thrilled with Common Core, but since the State of Illinois said "Sie werden" on the curriculum, they had to implement that.  The board was and is refusing to do the Big Brother stuff.   

Now, math is math and it hasn't changed much over the last several centuries.   His math teacher even told them that the methods used by your parents aren't wrong, just different, use the method(s) that work for you.  "There's more than one way to skin a cat." 

Many parents (myself included) weren't happy with the touchy/feely, hippie/dippy English curriculum.  Not enough parts of speech/spelling and writing type learning, more emphasis on typing/technology, and "being yourself" as well getting rid of grades.  (Although the students have to rate themselves and put in their own grades   ;/). 

But, for me, school is just the basics, the groundwork.  It's my job to fill in the gaps and especially help guide him on his choices of reading materials.  With a heavy emphasis on classics.  As in more Twain/Kipling/Poe but less Bronte/Dickens.  Somewhere in here is my rant to Female English teachers about engaging pre-teen and teenage boys, which goes something like less Romeo & Juliet, more Henry V.       
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2014, 07:31:26 PM »
How much does one need to know about Common Core to oppose it? All I know is that it intends push nationwide standards. That right there is bad news.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 07:39:12 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

• friends
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 07:54:45 PM »
How much does one need to know about Common Core to oppose it? All I know is that it intends push nationwide standards. That right there is bad news.

why?
and who set those standards?

• friends
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 07:58:14 PM »
Hate to break it to you C&SD but I was one of those that showed up at the local school board meeting to register my opinion on Common Core.

However, I'm not a truther, birther, vaxxer (unless you mean I get my kids vaccinated), HAARPist, or Chemtrailer.

I did, however, not care for the Federal database that Common Core uses (and provides to various .gov agencies and private companies).

The local school board gave the impression that they weren't exactly thrilled with Common Core, but since the State of Illinois said "Sie werden" on the curriculum, they had to implement that.  The board was and is refusing to do the Big Brother stuff.   

Now, math is math and it hasn't changed much over the last several centuries.   His math teacher even told them that the methods used by your parents aren't wrong, just different, use the method(s) that work for you.  "There's more than one way to skin a cat." 

Many parents (myself included) weren't happy with the touchy/feely, hippie/dippy English curriculum.  Not enough parts of speech/spelling and writing type learning, more emphasis on typing/technology, and "being yourself" as well getting rid of grades.  (Although the students have to rate themselves and put in their own grades   ;/). 

But, for me, school is just the basics, the groundwork.  It's my job to fill in the gaps and especially help guide him on his choices of reading materials.  With a heavy emphasis on classics.  As in more Twain/Kipling/Poe but less Bronte/Dickens.  Somewhere in here is my rant to Female English teachers about engaging pre-teen and teenage boys, which goes something like less Romeo & Juliet, more Henry V.       

what info is going into that database ?  that is different from that already collated by the states and feds?  and is there a particular thing you are concerned they will do?  or is it a distaste for the feds in general?

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 09:16:31 PM »
or is it a distaste for the feds in general?
There's a lot more to it than that, but that's enough all on its own.

(And yes, I know it's not technically being pushed by the Feds.  Might as well be, though.  Results will be the same either way.  Pressure to conform to the national standards will be nigh impossible to resist.)

All I know is that it intends push nationwide standards. That right there is bad news.
Ayup.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:28:59 PM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 09:25:40 PM »
The school does not need to know my health-care history, income information, religious affiliations, voting status, and even blood types and homework-completion rates.  They don't need to share it with other agencies, and they sure as hell don't need to be able to sell it to private companies.  

Just educate my kid.  Period.  End.  Full Stop.

Why is that so hard for you to understand ??  

I don't give a flying fig if other agencies collect information on me.  As long as it does not go beyond the scope of of what their mission is.   The city water department can track my water usage and payment record, but they cannot and should not be allowed to share that info with the library, police, or building department.  Nor sell my any of my info to companies that pitch water softners.   Again; Period. End. Full Stop.

The only info the feds should get from the schools is X% (Y out of Z students) of our students met or exceed your silly standards.  Now, bugger off.

In fact, I'd be much happier if the feds got completely out of education and the Dept of Education was completely and utterly defunded.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 10:46:11 PM »
why?
and who set those standards?

Education is not in Washington's mandate (cf. the U.S. Constitution)

The standards should be set by the local school board, perhaps with some oversight or assistance from the state. Washington's involvement is wrong, wasteful, overly-centralized, and just a stupid way of going about business.

I shouldn't have to explain these things to any American. These things should be well understood and widely agreed upon, even by the yutzes in D.C.

• friends
Re: Re: Re: VE HAF RULZ!
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2014, 03:25:44 AM »

The standards should be set by the local school board, perhaps with some oversight or assistance from the state. Washington's involvement is wrong, wasteful, overly-centralized, and just a stupid way of going about business.

I shouldn't have to explain these things to any American. These things should be well understood and widely agreed upon, even by the yutzes in D.C.

And again I ask who sets those standards? A hint
It wasn't washington. Your thought that it was typifies the beliefs of many.  Its understandable since thats what the you tube voices preach

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2014, 07:15:48 AM »
I have never seen any YouTube videos on Common Core.

Oh, look:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_to_the_Top
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 07:19:57 AM by fistful »

• friends
Re:
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2014, 07:55:16 AM »
Wanna try again?  Who set the standards. Holler if you need help

Scout26

• friend
Re:
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2014, 09:19:27 AM »
Wanna try again?  Who set the standards. Holler if you need help

The National Governors Association.   (Which should be spending their time flipping off the fed.gov not knuckling under.)

Now, what that has to do with a FEDERALLY run database:  http://nces.ed.gov/ccd/  is beyond me, but is this simply your way of being a obtuse and a troll?

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

• friends
Re:
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2014, 11:21:29 AM »
The National Governors Association.   (Which should be spending their time flipping off the fed.gov not knuckling under.)

Now, what that has to do with a FEDERALLY run database:  http://nces.ed.gov/ccd/  is beyond me, but is this simply your way of being a obtuse and a troll?

whats your issue there?
i am not totally unfamiliar with the forms they send home. it would seem you are referring to a system i am not in compliance with. do i need to bar the door? post a watch for dark green choppers?
how does it work in your area?

you know those reports go back into the 60's?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 11:32:18 AM by cassandra and sara's daddy »

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2014, 11:27:36 AM »
The National Governors Association.   (Which should be spending their time flipping off the fed.gov not knuckling under.)

Now, what that has to do with a FEDERALLY run database:  http://nces.ed.gov/ccd/  is beyond me, but is this simply your way of being a obtuse and a troll?

Honestly, I don't care where the standards are set, with the Fed.gov or some other national organization.

The standards need to be set locally where I, as a parent, can have the most input.

(Of course, I plan on having at least 50% of the input in my children's standards, so I'm unlikely to be arguing about common core at a school district.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

• friends
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2014, 11:33:47 AM »
Honestly, I don't care where the standards are set, with the Fed.gov or some other national organization.

The standards need to be set locally where I, as a parent, can have the most input.

(Of course, I plan on having at least 50% of the input in my children's standards, so I'm unlikely to be arguing about common core at a school district.)

parents were a part of the process.  right here in va   heck our last gov ran on the program

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2014, 11:35:08 AM »
parents were a part of the process.  right here in va   heck our last gov ran on the program

I'm sure they were. However, any time something is done at a national level, each parent's input is diluted.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2014, 11:50:51 AM »

Indeed.

Ought not all involved be subject to federal RICO laws and state-level racketeering charges?   :P
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2014, 11:53:28 AM »
No parents at any of my kids' schools had any input.

Education is a very local matter; standards, curriculum, etc. need to be set at the school board level.

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

• friends
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2014, 12:49:07 PM »
I'm sure they were. However, any time something is done at a national level, each parent's input is diluted.

what have you read about how it actually works?

Scout26

• friend
Re:
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2014, 02:25:00 PM »
whats your issue there?

IT'S NONE OF THEIR FARKING BUSINESS !!!!

i am not totally unfamiliar with the forms they send home. it would seem you are referring to a system i am not in compliance with. do i need to bar the door? post a watch for dark green choppers?

Yes, don't venture out, nor post on the interwebz, they'll be coming for you.

how does it work in your area?

As I stated, my school district has opted out of the database.  For now.  While they still can.  However, rather than raising the standards for math and English, they seem to have been lowered, as my son is 're-doing' the same math lessons he had last year, plus the schools seem to be 'teaching to the test' as opposed to pushing the students to excel beyond the minimums required.

you know those reports go back into the 60's?

Which "reports" are you referring to?  And please list all the reports, all the data points used/recorded in said reports and how that information was collected/gathered.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

• friends
Re:
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2014, 02:27:25 PM »
A revolutionary idea comes to me. Don't answer questions you don't like. My whole state opted out.

http://nces.ed.gov/ccd/pub_historical.asp

data points to your hearts content

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 02:33:02 PM by cassandra and sara's daddy »

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2014, 02:44:35 PM »
what have you read about how it actually works?

Very litte. As I stated, I am already planning to opt out of public schooling for my children, so I don't know how it works, nor do I have any incentive to learn. (At least, until the government decides that having homeschoolers receiving a better education than those at public school just isn't fair and outlaws homeschooling.)

I DO know, however, that to have a uniform curriculum across the country, it must be decided on by someone other than me and my close neighbors.

(I am opposed to large school districts for this reason as well. The further removed the locus of control, the less accountable the representatives.)