Author Topic: It was an honets mistake.  (Read 8461 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2014, 08:51:51 AM »
Wonder who called.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: It was an honets mistake.
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2014, 09:56:21 AM »
Yeah, not many secure spots to ditch a gun that wouldn't come up in a search and wouldn't lead directly back to the owner.
Plus, NY CCL? Don't they register your guns, you and the specific gun you're allowed to carry?

You may want to rethink that.

Among her many other talents the former future ex-wife twice (not once but twice!) brought carving knives into the juvie prison where she was a teacher.*  As far as I know they have not been found yet, although a search (for both the knives and what pasased for her brain) was instituted as soon as what she had done was discovered.

Regular prison cell searches last no more than 5 minutes.  With just a little thought you can find places to stash stuff that will make it past the level of scrutiny 5 minutes of looking offers.

Explosive-sniffer dogs usually cannot find a handgun unless it has been fired and not cleaned.  They get all confused when cops wearing guns are also all over the place.

stay safe.

* - It's a long story.  She (also against policy and good sense) brought home-made birthday cake for her little angels.  The first time she took my good 16-inch carving knife to cut the cake.  It "got lost" in her classroom.  She waited 3 days to report it missing, hoping to be able to find it.  4 months later she took my best 12-inch chef's knife - but at least she reported it "missing" the next day.  So far there have been no reports of any kid getting carved or diced.  But I'll bet that the location of each of them has been passed from kid to kid over the years.

And no, you do not want to hear what happened to her professionally or personally.  If you ever want to see an epic face-palm, see one done by a forensic psychologist - one with 15 years experience working with criminals.  :O

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2014, 12:29:24 PM »
Depends on how many nooks and crannies there are in the school, and that as an educator, or at least somebody they trust to ride herd on the kids, he may have access to more locations to hide it in than a visitor.

I've filled gaps in worthwhile employment a few times as a school janitor.  With a master key set and a few early AM hours with nothing better to do, (8 hour workload assumptions were based on the lazy evening staff; most nights I was done three hours into the shift.) you can find things the school has been searching for for decades.

One well-hidden closet had equipment in it that was lost in 1978 when they changed coaches.

Of course, I just quietly moved the stuff into the main storage area under a tarp, and waited for the amazed news that it had been right under their noses the whole time  :)   AFAIK, nobody else has discovered that closet since.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2014, 02:37:49 PM »
I've filled gaps in worthwhile employment a few times as a school janitor.  With a master key set and a few early AM hours with nothing better to do, (8 hour workload assumptions were based on the lazy evening staff; most nights I was done three hours into the shift.) you can find things the school has been searching for for decades.

One well-hidden closet had equipment in it that was lost in 1978 when they changed coaches.

Of course, I just quietly moved the stuff into the main storage area under a tarp, and waited for the amazed news that it had been right under their noses the whole time  :)   AFAIK, nobody else has discovered that closet since.
Couple of years ago my old school found a bunch of rifles stuffed away in a basement. From the good old days when boys were expected to learn how to shoot during school hours.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2014, 04:02:09 PM »

Not as easy as you might think.  The stamping process leaves stress marks deep within the metal, easily readable with the right equipment.
Just use a punch on the area, it physically displaces the metal and renders acid etching etc useless. Works on VIN numbers too.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2014, 11:14:26 PM »
Just use a punch on the area, it physically displaces the metal and renders acid etching etc useless. Works on VIN numbers too.

Acid etching?  I was thinking more crystal x-raying.  If anything would work, it'd be the punch, because that's much the same way they get the marks there in the first place(at least for most firearms, I'm sure there's variations).

Still, there's a lot of assumtions here:
1.  That the school in question is a High school or such and actually HAS a shop classroom
2.  That he'd be able to make it to said area while the school is under lockdown(and he's in charge of a bunch of kids)
3.  That he'd be able to think of that option in the brief period he has, under pressure, and not us under no pressure coming up with ideas

I still think my idea of ditching it somewhere remote would be the best bet.  One 'good' idea would be above the ceiling tiles if it's a dropped ceiling.  Preferably not visible to a cop simply popping a head up there.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2014, 12:17:59 AM »

Nobody's assuming anything. We're just throwing out hypotheticals. It ain't all that serious.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2014, 07:54:15 AM »
Nobody's assuming anything. We're just throwing out hypotheticals. It ain't all that serious.

He could have went into a math classroom and hid it in an assumed sphere.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2014, 09:48:44 AM »
I still think my idea of ditching it somewhere remote would be the best bet.  One 'good' idea would be above the ceiling tiles if it's a dropped ceiling.  Preferably not visible to a cop simply popping a head up there.

If he was in the cafeteria area, and had access to the kitchen, there are usually a lot of possibilities in there.  Just look for the dirtiest place to know what the lunchroom ladies don't clean.  Dropped ceilings that I've seen in schools are full of fluff and lint unless they have a brand new network run.  Bury it in that, and someone would pretty much have to take the whole ceiling apart to find it in a random search.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2014, 11:34:05 AM »
Acid etching?  I was thinking more crystal x-raying.  If anything would work, it'd be the punch, because that's much the same way they get the marks there in the first place(at least for most firearms, I'm sure there's variations).

1.  That the school in question is a High school or such and actually HAS a shop classroom
2.  That he'd be able to make it to said area while the school is under lockdown(and he's in charge of a bunch of kids)
3.  That he'd be able to think of that option in the brief period he has, under pressure, and not us under no pressure coming up with ideas

Wasn't talking about the dude in the school, just on how to get rid of numbers stamped in metal.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2014, 03:58:48 PM »
Could be bad if the cops found it, and it was registered to his name.
BTW, throw the entire book at him.

Good reason to carry a private purchase gun.  $250-$500 lost by dumping it in a trash can or hiding it in a ceiling tile is far preferable than the legal costs if caught.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2014, 06:14:38 PM »

A drop ceiling does seem like a good hiding place. It's a perfectly obvious hiding spot, of course, but it's far too small an object in far too large a space to ever expect that it would be found.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2014, 07:08:38 PM »
Any bets this little "oops" just fades away?

A gun in a school? I would imagine it will be unpleasant for him. I mean, he's not a journalist (like Dick Gregory), he's just little people.

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2014, 09:44:13 PM »
Yeah, not many secure spots to ditch a gun that wouldn't come up in a search and wouldn't lead directly back to the owner.
Plus, NY CCL? Don't they register your guns, you and the specific gun you're allowed to carry?

In a school?

I would've hidden it behind some books in a library. 

Kids don't know how to use those anymore.

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEUHEHUE

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2014, 09:57:21 PM »
In a school?

I would've hidden it behind some books in a library. 

Kids don't know how to use those anymore.

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEUHEHUE

Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Firethorn

• friend
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2014, 11:44:19 PM »

A drop ceiling does seem like a good hiding place. It's a perfectly obvious hiding spot, of course, but it's far too small an object in far too large a space to ever expect that it would be found.

That's the idea.  You know they're going to look there, but it's a nasty environment, hopefully the presence of a gun is unconfirmed, and they're mostly going to be searching people.  Plus there's normally all sorts of HVAC ducting up there, so if you can pop it on top of one of those, not even a metal detector will find it.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2014, 12:12:21 AM »
That's the idea.  You know they're going to look there, but it's a nasty environment, hopefully the presence of a gun is unconfirmed, and they're mostly going to be searching people.  Plus there's normally all sorts of HVAC ducting up there, so if you can pop it on top of one of those, not even a metal detector will find it.

There's gonna be enough steel up there, a metal detector will be useless. Ducting, structure, electrical, lighting, speakers, steel screws and those twist-tie thingies in the ceiling grid (can't remember if the grid is ferrous), etc.

Even if it were a nice, clean environment, it's dark, and any school with drop ceiling is probably going to have acres of it. If you knew there was a gun in one or two particular rooms, you could find it eventually. If you merely suspect there's a gun somewhere in the school, forget it...

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2014, 12:31:53 AM »
But you have to clean up if you stash something in a drop ceiling. Push up the ceiling tile and you have little tidbits of insulation all over the floor underneath. Sweep it up or it's obvious somebody just opened that ceiling tile.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Firethorn

• friend
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2014, 07:19:05 AM »
But you have to clean up if you stash something in a drop ceiling. Push up the ceiling tile and you have little tidbits of insulation all over the floor underneath. Sweep it up or it's obvious somebody just opened that ceiling tile.

I pop ceiling tiles up all the time, if the floor's dirty you won't notice the difference, if it's clean a quick swipe will generally fix it.  I'd be more worried about getting myself dirty.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2014, 07:20:52 AM »

Depends. In a room with a dark, or brightly-colored carpet, they might notice it. In a room with a light-colored floor, not so much. And again, if we're talking about a large building, and no tip as to a specific room or rooms, who's gonna notice a bit of a mess on the floor in one room?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2014, 10:21:55 AM »
Perhaps we should stop speculating on:

A)  How to hide a gun in a school, and
B)  How obilterate the serial # on a gun,

As both actions are illegal.

Thanks,
The Mgmnt.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Pharmacology

• friends
Re: Re: Re: It was an honets mistake.
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2014, 12:33:26 PM »
Perhaps we should stop speculating on:

A)  How to hide a gun in a school, and
B)  How obilterate the serial # on a gun,

As both actions are illegal.

Thanks,
The Mgmnt.

But we hadn't even gotten into the REALLY interesting places to hide stuff.

You know.

The butthole kind.

sent from my mobile potato using crapatalk

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2014, 12:57:26 PM »
Last I checked, hiding a gun in your butthole is not a crime, so speculate all you want !!!!

[barf] [barf]
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

KD5NRH

• friends
Re: Re: Re: It was an honets mistake.
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2014, 01:21:02 PM »
But we hadn't even gotten into the REALLY interesting places to hide stuff.

You know.

The butthole kind.

Another very good reason not to buy a Hi-Point 45.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2014, 01:23:19 PM »
Wasn't there a story a while back about a man who managed to somehow stuff a full-sized .38 Special up his poop chute? :O
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila