Author Topic: Don't know much about history  (Read 8892 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Don't know much about history
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 10:36:16 AM »
I'd like to believe that's what's happening. I don't really know anything about Groupon except hearing the name all the time. It would be sad if it wasn't all a joke.

It's sad enough that we all know there is a strong possibility this wasn't a joke, regardless of whether it actually is.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 11:15:30 AM »
I'd like to believe that's what's happening. I don't really know anything about Groupon except hearing the name all the time. It would be sad if it wasn't all a joke.

Pay Groupon, do you have any  ???

=D

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2014, 11:56:30 AM »
That is a truly scary thought. The proper tribute to Hamilton would be to dig him up, burn the remains to be sure, and encase the ashes in a lead vault. Which should then be deposited somewhere in the deep ocean.

Gorram monster. Wish my hometown was more successful when they tried to lynch that monarchy-lovin' jackboot.

At this point George III is looking better and better. I want to pay a %3 excise tax instead of 1/3 of everything I make, plus sales tax gas tax etc. I have never felt represented by any of the d0uchewagons in Congress.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2014, 01:46:56 PM »
Yeah, if they had made a comment about him edging out President Ben Franklin and President Samuel Adams, it might have been funny.  They probably would have thrown in President Benedict Arnold and ruined it.

I still say they should have known that Hamilton was ineligible, due to his foreign birth.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2014, 05:05:07 AM »
But, but.  He's on money.  Of course he's a president.

So's the bull on the Buffalo nickel.

Apt, somehow.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 05:35:43 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2014, 07:40:13 AM »
I still say they should have known that Hamilton was ineligible, due to his foreign birth.

You're incorrect.

All of the presidents up to Martin van Buren were foreign born.

They were born as British subjects, not American citizens...

Hamilton WOULD have been eligible to have been President of the United States had he run and been elected.

The Natural-born Citizen clause of the Constitution reads:

"No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

Note the second and third phrases. "or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution..."

That's why the first 7 men to hold the office of President were eligible to be president, even though they were born British subjects.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2014, 09:48:25 AM »
Yeah, if they had made a comment about him edging out President Ben Franklin and President Samuel Adams, it might have been funny.  They probably would have thrown in President Benedict Arnold and ruined it.

I vote for Sammy Adams every time I buy his beer!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2014, 07:58:34 AM »
Always thought it was funny that there's a beer named for Sam Adams when Sam Adams.... failed miserably.... at being a brewer.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2014, 08:20:42 AM »
That is a truly scary thought. The proper tribute to Hamilton would be to dig him up, burn the remains to be sure, and encase the ashes in a lead vault. Which should then be deposited somewhere in the deep ocean.

Gorram monster. Wish my hometown was more successful when they tried to lynch that monarchy-lovin' jackboot.

+ a gazillionty
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2014, 01:04:10 PM »
You're incorrect.

All of the presidents up to Martin van Buren were foreign born.

They were born as British subjects, not American citizens...

Hamilton WOULD have been eligible to have been President of the United States had he run and been elected.

The Natural-born Citizen clause of the Constitution reads:

"No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

Note the second and third phrases. "or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution..."

That's why the first 7 men to hold the office of President were eligible to be president, even though they were born British subjects.

:rofl:

I know. :P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2014, 02:59:47 PM »
Always thought it was funny that there's a beer named for Sam Adams when Sam Adams.... failed miserably.... at being a brewer.
Meh, not much has changed.

I've never cared for Sam Adams or gotten the hype.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2014, 03:02:23 PM »

Based on teh Sam Adams I've tried, sounds about right.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.