Author Topic: Liberal Gun Club  (Read 1877 times)

T.O.M.

• friend
Liberal Gun Club
« on: February 19, 2014, 02:12:11 PM »
I found this article while I was eating lunch...

http://gma.yahoo.com/gun-club-liberals-un-nra-010923198.html

Being the kind of person I am, I used Google-fu and found this...

http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/

I started poking around their forum, and frankly found it to be very interesting.  Take APS, maintain the firearms position but flip most everything else, and that's what you find.  But, at the same time, it was interesting to see people who are liberal, and proud of it, posting on forums about supporting Constitutional carry, attacking their own party for being the anti-gun party, etc.  I really found it interesting to see that many of the posters feel the same way about the Dems as we do about the Reps.  Everyone seems to be hating the politicians...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Liberal Gun Club
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 02:28:03 PM »

Huh, I should join up over there. On occasion, I don't like being assumed to be the spawn of Satan for my party affiliation and personal beliefs.   =D

(99% kidding, I swear!)
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 02:57:17 PM »
Huh, I should join up over there. On occasion, I don't like being assumed to be the spawn of Satan for my party affiliation and personal beliefs.   =D

(99% kidding, I swear!)

Do Satan and Chtulu have joint custody, or how does that work?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 03:20:25 PM »

(99% kidding, I swear!)

No, we think you're spawn of Satan due to the genetic material a fellow APSer snatched a while back.  The lab results came back and it has been the talk of the APS private message system for weeks.

So, you come by it honestly.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 04:11:35 PM »
Every  liberal  communist position I have come across is, in the end, based on taking what I have worked my ass off for, and giving it to someone else.  In short, theft. I cannot trust people who advocate stealing. End of story.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 05:42:07 PM »
That does look interesting.  I will have to sign up so that I am apprised of a wider variety of information.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 05:45:01 PM »
Every  liberal  communist  politician position I have come across is, in the end, based on taking what I have worked my ass off for, and giving it to someone else.  In short, theft. I cannot trust people who advocate stealing. End of story.

Accurized that for you.

PS: Thanks to Balog for pointing out my error.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 05:59:42 PM by MillCreek »

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 05:48:27 PM »
Accurized that for you.

Really? I get that you're going for the false equivalence thing, but there are a number of political positions that (agree with them or not) have no bearing on redistribution of wealth.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 05:58:33 PM »
^^^ It was a typo.  :'(  I corrected it to read my original intent: politician.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 06:27:11 PM »
- basically I am so sick of working my ass off and having my income stolen in order to pay for some other a -holes retirement, sick days, holidays, and assorted other "benefits".  And they keep devaluing the currency and ladling on more taxes and regulations- the intent of course is to reduce any taxpayer to the status of a serf.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 06:28:44 PM »
That does look interesting.  I will have to sign up so that I am apprised of a wider variety of information.

That's why I looked, and then posted.   I don't believe one can ever have too much information.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 06:32:11 PM »
^^^ It was a typo.  :'(  I corrected it to read my original intent: politician.

Ahhh, that makes more sense.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 07:45:38 PM »
- basically I am so sick of working my ass off and having my income stolen in order to pay for some other a -holes retirement, sick days, holidays, and assorted other "benefits".  And they keep devaluing the currency and ladling on more taxes and regulations- the intent of course is to reduce any taxpayer to the status of a serf

Well, if it makes you feel better, I have just done the first round of paperwork for the taxes.  This last year my wife and I had withheld:

$ 32,422 in income taxes
$ 10,870 in Social Security
$ 2659 in Medicare

totalling approximately $ 45,491.  The tax software thinks we will get around $ 700 back as a refund.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 08:00:18 PM »
Well, if it makes you feel better, I have just done the first round of paperwork for the taxes.  This last year my wife and I had withheld:

$ 32,422 in income taxes
$ 2659 in Medicare

totalling approximately $ 45,491.  The tax software thinks we will get around $ 700 back as a refund.

Just think of all the poor black children that you are keeping in Skittles and tea  :angel:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 08:02:00 PM »
And old white guys in abortions and birth control pills!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 09:52:13 PM »
And old white guys in abortions and birth control pills!

:lol: Old, Catholic priests. :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 11:04:22 PM »
That's why I looked, and then posted.   I don't believe one can ever have too much information.

Know your enemy.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 12:05:20 AM »
I would imagine that it would be easier to pretend to be a liberal, than a liberal pretending to be a conservative.  Although, we have many in Washington that are real good at pretending to be conservative while at home with the constituency.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 02:40:46 AM »

$ 32,422 in income taxes
$ 2659 in Medicare

no, actually- It gives me no pleasure at all to see my friends being screwed by the gov.

I m not an educated man, just a guy clinging to the lower edge of the middle class by being frugal and hard work,with the support of my wife- for many years I thought the government was sort of a large, oafish creature that was mostly just a static obstacle- As long as it did not step on me by accident I could maneuver around it and make a living, gradually improving my lot year to year. Now it seems like the bastards are out to get me. The Obamacare fiasco was the last straw-

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 10:57:32 AM »
I would imagine that it would be easier to pretend to be a liberal, than a liberal pretending to be a conservative.  Although, we have many in Washington that are real good at pretending to be conservative while at home with the constituency.
Sometimes there isn't a lot of difference between overall positions of liberals and conservatives on issues.  It is usually the means to achieve the end that defines the difference.  If you are careful about how you state your beliefs, you can sounds like whatever you want.  Just pick and choose your issues to match your audience. 

That and show sterotypical pictures of yourself.  I heard radio guys laughing about one political commercial this morning.  They had one shot with a cowboy hat and horse, one with a hard hat on a drilling rig, and the loan shot of a man and his dog (no leash of course).  It wasn't even John 'Wayne' Cornyn, but some other guy.  Texas Primary voting is in a week or so.  Every candidate is running as a hard nosed tea party conservative.  Talk radio is full of commercials either dumping on the opponent or pumping the candidate.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 11:15:34 AM »

$ 32,422 in income taxes
$ 2659 in Medicare

I essentially stopped doing a lot of sidework because I was being honest/ethical and reporting it on my taxes. With social security and whatnot, it's about half. If I can't charge at least $40/hr, it's not really worth doing unless it's for non-monetary purposes. I'd have to charge $40 to make $20. Under $20/hr, my valuation of free time kinda starts winning out.

No, we think you're spawn of Satan due to the genetic material a fellow APSer snatched a while back.  The lab results came back and it has been the talk of the APS private message system for weeks.

So, you come by it honestly.

Oh. That would actually explain why my 25th birthday was on 06/06/06.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.