Author Topic: Go away and all hell breaks loose.  (Read 930 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Go away and all hell breaks loose.
« on: September 14, 2006, 02:13:35 PM »
It has gotten to the point a guy can't go away for a day or two to train up for a trip to fight this illegal war in Iraq without missing something.  It is like a soap opera around here.  Looks like I am going to have to take the time to fire up the laptop every night just to get a good laugh or two.  Wonder what it would be like if I can't get to a computer for more than a week or so.  I may have to buy the Cliff Notes version somewhere.  smiley
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 02:17:40 PM »
I was really, seriously, rolling on the floor laughing when I was here earlier this afternoon trading insults with the enjoyable, regular, non-trolling membership.
Andy

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 02:54:53 PM »
Some people just enjoy being asshats. It give them some measure of meaning to otherwise pathetic lives.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 03:01:36 PM »
Leave me alone, gary, who asked you?

Anyway, yeah, let us know what evils Haliburton is up to over there, while you're comitting despicable war crimes against the peaceful people of Iraq.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 03:08:42 PM »
Will do.  I don't know yet when my unit is going to go over.  Once I get there I will let ya all know.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 02:34:57 AM »
If I was to do some independent thinking about the group and come up with my own version of what they would probably say it would come out something like,

"Thank you for your service and please be careful while you are there. And don't worry, plenty of us here got your backs. Let us know if you need anything while you're there."

Keep us posted too...
Avoid cliches like the plague!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 01:40:03 PM »
Thank you 280 and others for the kind words.  I will keep everyone informed of the good that we are doing that the media is failing to report.  
Also besides the troops, please keep our families in your thoughts and prayers because it is just as hard if not harder for them.