Author Topic: Yeah, sure you do, sonny.  (Read 6743 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Yeah, sure you do, sonny.
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 06:15:26 PM »
If he lets it be "discovered" then it's a scandal. 

Please explain.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 07:14:08 PM »

Please explain.

Could you imagine the TMZ press room reaction when someone shows up with pictures of an NFL player smooching a boyfriend? Hell, he wouldn't need to be a great player, the scandel would be epic.

He's openly gay, and it's known. He'll be in the spotlight for a bit, till the draft is over probably, and then he'll continue on with his football playing and whatnot, and by the time the season starts his gayness will be a footnote to the commentary when his team plays the first couple times.

Look, no matter how this kid does it, being an openly gay professional football player is going to get him attention. The timing he used to come out is about as perfect as it gets in terms of minimizing the hoopala.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2014, 12:20:06 AM »
Could you imagine the TMZ press room reaction when someone shows up with pictures of an NFL player smooching a boyfriend? Hell, he wouldn't need to be a great player, the scandel would be epic.

*snort!* If by "scandal," you mean every member of the media tripping over one another to talk about how wonderful it is, then yeah, it would be epic. Kinda like what just happened.

He's apparently kept his sexuality private until now. You think it would suddenly come out in the middle of the draft?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife