Author Topic: Texas Democrat Party of verge of imploding  (Read 969 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Texas Democrat Party of verge of imploding
« on: March 06, 2014, 11:38:48 PM »
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/03/05/texas-turmoil-for-dems-pro-impeachment-anti-obamacare-democrat-pulls-primary-shocker-104677

What makes this so knee slapping funny is that back in 1986 a couple of LaRouchie's with innocuous sounding names got themselves the Democrat nomination for Lt Governor and Secretary of State (#2 and #3 on the ol' statewide constitutional offices) here in Illinois.   Needless to say High-larity Ensued.

My favorite quote was this the day after the primary when it became apparent that Democrats had nominated two real whack-doodles and there was no way to get them off the ticket.  Democratic National Committee chairman Paul Kirk saying "Good Lord, we have a problem here."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Texas Democrat Party of verge of imploding
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 07:43:25 AM »
If Rogers were a conservative fringer who’d managed to force an establishment Republican candidate into a primary runoff for a U.S. Senate seat, she would have been on all the morning talk shows today. On NBC, Rachel Maddow would be snarling; Chris Mattews would be weeping.

Instead, she’s a Democrat, and the media attention is minimal. And come May 28, she could be the Democratic candidate for Senate running on a platform of impeachment and Obamacare repeal.

Makes sense if you think of reporters as Democrat operatives with bylines.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 09:15:24 AM »
Since a lot of people don't like Cornyn, she might have a chance.  It might depend on how many Democrats crossed over to vote for Cornyn.   

The democrat party, IMO, has moving a whole lot further left than most US voters.  The Republican party has drifted left also, hence the whole Tea Party effort to drag them back. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 11:49:24 AM »
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/03/05/texas-turmoil-for-dems-pro-impeachment-anti-obamacare-democrat-pulls-primary-shocker-104677

What makes this so knee slapping funny is that back in 1986 a couple of LaRouchie's with innocuous sounding names got themselves the Democrat nomination for Lt Governor and Secretary of State (#2 and #3 on the ol' statewide constitutional offices) here in Illinois.   Needless to say High-larity Ensued.

My recollection is that this happened more than once.  Didn't they tweak some rules to prevent this?

Couldn't happen to a nicer group. 

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 09:15:43 PM »
There might have been some for minor local offices, but I don't remember any others then Hart and Fairchild. 

Yes, I think the rule tweak was gathering *moar* signatures then what was the minimum back then to get on the primary ballot.  Plus they give the petitions the stink eye before blithely putting their name on the ballot.   Especially if it's "somebody that nobody sent".
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 12:08:05 PM »
Since a lot of people don't like Cornyn, she might have a chance.  It might depend on how many Democrats crossed over to vote for Cornyn.   

IIRC, in Texas, you can't vote in a runoff election unless you voted in that party's primary. If any Dem voters voted for Cornyn, they can't vote in the Dem runoff.

The general election will be interesting. Texans will have to choose between someone who will let Obama do anything he wants with no debt limit....and the Democrat nominee.
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 01:44:51 PM »
The difference being the Dems usually work things out and eventually repair the damage.  The Stupid PartyTM has no damage control skills.  They just keep on self-destructing.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.