Author Topic: "Smart gun" antis try to buy out Remington/Freedom Group  (Read 4411 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: "Smart gun" antis try to buy out Remington/Freedom Group
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2014, 03:36:27 PM »

$1 says "pump and dump".

Wonder what would happen if anyone notified SEC to monitor for potentially illegal conduct.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2014, 06:43:38 PM »

Wonder what would happen if anyone notified SEC to monitor for potentially illegal conduct.

Much hilarity?
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2014, 06:48:37 PM »
$1 says "pump and dump".

I don't know, so honest question. Is it possible for this co to have a private investor with deep pockets who is bankrolling them, giving them the capital to actually pay for this despite their lack of funds as a company?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2014, 07:10:53 PM »
I don't know, so honest question. Is it possible for this co to have a private investor with deep pockets who is bankrolling them, giving them the capital to actually pay for this despite their lack of funds as a company?

Absolutely. Or private equity firm, or got a loan, or any other source of cash (investment bank, et al).
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2014, 07:30:44 PM »
ETA2: Huh, didn't even know about Windham Weaponry. Neat. Anybody know what that logo between Ruger and CMMG is?

This must be it! It's all a ruse just to get the Windham Weaponry name out there. [tinfoil] :lol:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2014, 09:24:47 AM »
It's a bit different with SEC and filing a 8-K. If you file a Form 8-K and make materially misleading statements in an intentional matter, it is fraud. And SEC will squash you like a bug. That would include filing a Form 8-K when you have no financing whatsoever, so that you could inflate your stock price or otherwise profit from said materially misleading statements. 

Actually, doing some research... 

Why are they using a 2844 SIC Code, which is "PERFUMES, COSMETICS & OTHER TOILET PREPARATIONS"? That's weird, but not illegal. If they started off dealing with that category, or currently also deal in that category, it's fine. It's a bit strange, though. 

Reading the filing itself. It's weasel worded, but the above still applies. They are offering $750m in cash, and 160m GDSI stock. Filing also suggests that Freedom Group has about $800m in debt and an EBITDA of $230m. Neither are bad, but that's more debt than I'd care to carry unless it's capital projects (new tooling, factories, etc). GDSI has about $2m worth of cash/notes on hand ($14.5m in capital, $12.9m in debt). Their shares are valued at $0.001 per share, with 175m outstanding shares.

Unless I am completely misreading their 10Q, these guys have currently virtually nothing.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1011662/000121390013005849/Financial_Report.xlsx

Overall, GDSI has virtually no assets on the books. If they did file the bid on Freedom Group completely as a PR stunt, SEC could give them a rough time but probably not throw them in jail. The only way that GDSI's bid on Freedom Group is legit is if they have someone with very very deep pockets willing to dedicate $750m in cash, even in theory. GDSI's shares are penny stock, basically only useful as tickers of who owns how much of the company, so the "160m of GDSI stock" is pointless. They also only HAVE 175m stock.

Pondering it over, my guess is stunt or that GDSI is delusional. It's possible they have some investor or bank, but these days with the credit market? That's a lot of cash.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2014, 10:16:32 AM »
This must be it! It's all a ruse just to get the Windham Weaponry name out there. [tinfoil] :lol:
Windham has been out for a while now.  i understand they had to wait a year after they bought the old bushmaster factory to start selling guns.  All their guns hit the market right before the buying spree started in 2008.  They were shipping guns when everyone else was backordered.  The Walmart and Academy down here sold quite a few of them. They are reliable guns from all I have heard.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge