Author Topic: speaking of being bugged  (Read 606 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
speaking of being bugged
« on: March 21, 2014, 03:08:19 PM »
from this - http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=43644.0

to this - http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/03/20/the-bugs-in-our-homes/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_php=true&_type=blogs&src=me&_r=1&

It never ends.

In the summer and fall of 2012, I embarked on a postdoctoral study with a team of fellow entomologists from the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences and North Carolina State University to discover what arthropods can be found in our homes. It was the first comprehensive study of its kind, with the aim to uncover what people could expect to find, and why they might be there.

From the attic to the basement, ceiling to floor, we collected over 10,000 specimens — dead or alive — in 50 houses (volunteered by the public) within 30 miles of downtown Raleigh, N.C. Homeowners were surveyed and extensive notes were taken at each location.

There are no reports of automatronics/robotics.  Personally, I think they were told not to report them. [tinfoil]

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: speaking of being bugged
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 07:33:52 PM »
Spiders and centipedes here, mostly.  And fleas and dust mites.

(The centipedes bug me a whole lot more than the spiders.  I'll help a stuck spider get free.  Centipedes get as much crushing death as I can deliver.)

The smokybrown cockroach is not good at surviving in homes, which explains why they are often found dead.

:rofl:
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 08:27:45 PM »
I thought this was about the NSA.   [tinfoil]

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 12:34:26 AM »
Spiders, scorpions, and snakes....I'll hike my skirt up and run. Centipedes, die where I find them.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 01:22:24 AM »
In the 19 years I've been in this house we've had 3 centipedes get in. The 1st one the kids killed in their bathroom. The 2nd one crawled across my face while I was asleep. I thought it was a dream till I woke up and found it crippled on the floor beside my bed. The 3rd and largest one I stomped as it crawled across the living room floor. I kicked it out into the flower bed beside the front door where it lay twitching for 3 days before it finally died.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams