Author Topic: Neurosurgeons Implant 3D Printed Skull  (Read 629 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Neurosurgeons Implant 3D Printed Skull
« on: March 27, 2014, 10:47:24 PM »
So how long before some New York City artist does this to him/herself so they can walk around with a clear skull?  :laugh:

Very cool use of the tech though:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-03/26/3d-printed-skull
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

geronimotwo

• friend
Re: Neurosurgeons Implant 3D Printed Skull
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 08:24:03 AM »
So how long before some New York City artist does this to him/herself so they can walk around with a clear skull?  :laugh:

Very cool use of the tech though:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-03/26/3d-printed-skull

bizarro!  too bad you can't see the neurons firing as she could be a cylon at the next BG convention!  

i'm not sure why this couldn't have been done before 3-d printing though.  there are plenty of other option for shaping material.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 09:04:02 AM by geronimotwo »
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 01:08:21 PM »
bizarro!  too bad you can't see the neurons firing as she could be a cylon at the next BG convention! 

i'm not sure why this couldn't have been done before 3-d printing though.  there are plenty of other option for shaping material.

Probably too hard to get the interior shape right for such a large portion of the skull.  Too much or too little room on the inside is a problem I would think.
Formerly sumpnz

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 08:35:20 PM »
bizarro!  too bad you can't see the neurons firing as she could be a cylon at the next BG convention!  

i'm not sure why this couldn't have been done before 3-d printing though.  there are plenty of other option for shaping material.
We already have the TV/Movie idea that you can't have a computer without blinking lights.  Why would we want to set that same theme up for living brains?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge