Author Topic: This could get Interesting  (Read 53978 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: This could get Interesting
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2014, 11:20:45 PM »
Sniff Sniff...smells like...bullshit...

Just like some of the Bundy supporters lying about helicopter gunships and posting stock photos of AH-64s to FB...

Paranoia and ignorance is strong in many people, unfortunately they also breed and vote.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2014, 12:01:38 AM »
You guys are retarded

Everyone knows the mraps and rail cars won't move in until AFTER the area is saturated with the chemtrails and the fault lines weakened by HAARP
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2014, 12:04:10 AM »
You guys are retarded

Everyone knows the mraps and rail cars won't move in until AFTER the area is saturated with the chemtrails and the fault lines weakened by HAARP

*expletive deleted*, forgot that. Been working overtime on making sure MH370 stays disappeared on the secret base of Diego Garcia so I forget the little stuff. That *expletive deleted* with the keistered iPhone really threw us a curveball.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 12:09:21 AM by Boomhauer »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2014, 12:10:06 AM »
Farmers are rolling in, take them 2 months from the Midwest to get there.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2014, 01:10:39 AM »
And I heard they have the FEMA railcars standing by, too.

I heard they have cattle cars. Cattle cars!

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2014, 01:20:09 AM »

I heard they have cattle cars. Cattle cars!

You are correct. They do.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2014, 01:35:00 AM »
I mean, cause if the government is taking his cattle, there are probably cattle cars involved.  =)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2014, 01:37:28 AM »
On a more serious note, via Drudge, the reason this has suddenly come to a head is that Sen Reid's son is working with the Chinese to install a large solar array out there in the desert. Worth about $5 billion.

The turtles are a red herring, and the grazing fees are utter BS.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2014, 03:31:46 AM »
I have not had much chance to really investigate claims/counter claims - but if you live in rural NV for a few yrs - & you're a reasonably intelligent liberty minded person - you get to hating the Bureau Of Land Marxist .... ( except for the fire fighters )....

Most of the armed BLM agents I've met have been pro big gov Dbags -

So, I really do not know much about what is going on, it's really far away from where I am now ( Reno ) but
A: Reid is in serious danger of losing the next election, this could be a distraction of some kind ( even if the solar angle is not really true )
B: Reid could be looking to damage Gov Sandoval ( see A: )
C: BLM are a bunch of dbaggers....
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2014, 09:11:28 AM »
The turtles are a red herring, and the grazing fees are utter BS.

Kind of like the spotted owl of the PNW. At the time demand for timber was declining at the Northern Spotted Owl was the scapegoat of the timber barons. Made them look good because the government shut them down instead of them closing mills for economic reasons.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2014, 11:04:38 AM »
I have not had much chance to really investigate claims/counter claims - but if you live in rural NV for a few yrs - & you're a reasonably intelligent liberty minded person - you get to hating the Bureau Of Land Marxist .... ( except for the fire fighters )....

Yeah, it's really nice for us grumpy old volunteers when the cavalry starts rolling in.  Young strong gung-ho guys get paid OT to babysit a fire on the top of some mountain while we go home to our beds and our jobs.   =)

Since there is scattered BLM (and state, DNRC) land scattered around, almost every fire is a "threat" to public land  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2014, 01:27:31 PM »
You always have to wonder why suddenly there's such a compelling reason to kick them off the land.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/31/us-usa-china-reid-solar-idUSBRE87U06D20120831
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2014, 01:40:07 PM »
You always have to wonder why suddenly there's such a compelling reason to kick them off the land.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/31/us-usa-china-reid-solar-idUSBRE87U06D20120831

I read that the BLM got rid of all the other ranchers in that area back in 1993 (Clinton/Babbit  :mad: ).

So he really doesn't owe any back lease payments since their hasn't been a lease in effect since then.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2014, 02:23:04 PM »
Calm before the storm? I seriously doubt the BLM and the rest of .gov is just giving up on this one.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nevada-cattle-rancher-wins-range-war-federal-government/story?id=23302610
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2014, 02:56:12 PM »
Calm before the storm? I seriously doubt the BLM and the rest of .gov is just giving up on this one.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nevada-cattle-rancher-wins-range-war-federal-government/story?id=23302610

As Scout noted, the Harry Reid/Chinese connection is getting MSM traction, the turtles the BLM claims it's protecting have grown so numerous the BLM is culling them..  ;/

Getting people digging into how the BLM is really a political tool and not simply "land management" could wind up being a much bigger loss for the BLM and those they really serve (hint - not "us") than any win from kicking the rancher and his cattle off.

I also haven't seen any serious de-bunking any of the rancher's claims his family has been grazing cattle in the area since before there ever was a BLM. That would run afoul of the broader base of Americans sense of fairness.

At any rate, the guy's gone from being a cranky freeloading crackpot, to someone who might have a legitimate gripe, and has been resisting political and business manipulation to get the land in just the past 24 hours of the news cycle.

Still not worth starting Civil War II over..  ;/

However, even if you assume the worst characterizations of Bundy are true for the sake of argument, the fact so many are rallying around him shows the utter contempt so many people hold for the BLM and the fed.gov.

Can't say I blame them.
I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2014, 02:58:50 PM »
AJ, do you stand by the characterization you made in your first post? Seems a real stretch, to me.

If the feds wait until Sunday, and go arrest whoever they can pin some charges on, that will be much more convenient for them.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 03:13:46 PM by fistful »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2014, 04:22:43 PM »
So, I really do not know much about what is going on, it's really far away from where I am now ( Reno ) but
A: Reid is in serious danger of losing the next election, this could be a distraction of some kind ( even if the solar angle is not really true )

Distraction from ... what?

B: Reid could be looking to damage Gov Sandoval ( see A: )

Not likely to happen. The Governor seems to be siding with the rancher and protesting the federal usurpation of state's rights. Doesn't seem likely to hurt to Governor at all.

C: BLM are a bunch of dbaggers....

Who long ago forgot what their mandate is.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2014, 05:47:26 PM »
AJ, do you stand by the characterization you made in your first post? Seems a real stretch, to me.

If the feds wait until Sunday, and go arrest whoever they can pin some charges on, that will be much more convenient for them.

It's one of those messy situations. A mix of what's gut-level right, what's "legal" and and what actually is in play.

My position is that even if I assume the worst about Bundy, that he's a scofflaw who's been coasting on the back of the American taxpayer with his herd, I do hope he prevails... or more aptly, I really want to see the feds fail, back down, etc. because that's a better outcome for us and our freedom, and a blow to federal power, if only symbolic and temporary. We've got much larger structural issues with the relationship between private property the .gov, and the awful decisions like Kelo vs. City of New London.

I suspect there's a fair amount of hyperbole on both sides of this and everyone putting their own spin on it.
I promise not to duck.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2014, 06:33:49 PM »

No, I think they still are that way:

To sustain the health, diversity, and productivity of America’s public lands for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations.

from http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/info/About_BLM.html

Also BLM is bound by law (Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976) to manage the property for multiple uses. Not just for grazing.

Uranus is a gas giant.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2014, 07:07:57 PM »
Distraction from ... what?

Not likely to happen. The Governor seems to be siding with the rancher and protesting the federal usurpation of state's rights. Doesn't seem likely to hurt to Governor at all.

Reid could be hoping that Sandoval standing with the rural conservatives could be like standing with Koresh, or that it could become just a huge story and NV voters get distracted by it and forget why they hate Reid ....

Chatter I've heard lately is Sandoval might run for Reids seat, a real serious threat.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2014, 07:08:21 PM »
BLM is bound by law (Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976) to manage the property for multiple uses. Not just for grazing.

They are trying to eliminate the grazing.  How is that multiple use?

Folks always talk about federal "subsidizing" ranchers and loggers.  How about subsidizing manufacturers of camping gear, hiking shoes, mountain bikes, etc etc etc  ???  ;/

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2014, 07:13:40 PM »
devilishly clever of blm to start all this in 93 .  however do those clever dogs see so far into the future.  or could the rancher is a loon school be right?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2014, 07:51:30 PM »
devilishly clever of blm to start all this in 93 .  however do those clever dogs see so far into the future.  or could the rancher is a loon school be right?

There is half-truths, manipulation, and some outright lying on the Bundy side, either from him or his supporters. Everybody hates it when the leftists lie, manipulate, obfusticate, and bullshit...but apparently no one stops to check when their own side does it. Honestly, I'm getting tired of it, and that goes way beyond the Bundy situation. I used to believe and spout that crap when I was younger but dammit it's old these days.

There's plenty of the truth about this situation to discuss without resorting to bullshit and bringing in circus freaks for entertainment.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2014, 07:59:59 PM »
There is half-truths, manipulation, and some outright lying on the Bundy side, either from him or his supporters. Everybody hates it when the leftists lie, manipulate, obfusticate, and bullshit...but apparently no one stops to check when their own side does it. Honestly, I'm getting tired of it, and that goes way beyond the Bundy situation. I used to believe and spout that crap when I was younger but dammit it's old these days.

There's plenty of the truth about this situation to discuss without resorting to bullshit and bringing in circus freaks for entertainment.

I believe some of the circus is about selling web hits  survival gear and the paraphernalia of the right fringe. some of its pretty funny though the way so many swallow the lines whole is scary
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2014, 08:18:59 PM »

Like many of these situations, it's pretty rare to get into being squeeky clean. But as far a dbags in this situation, he comes of looney but far less dbaggy than some.

There's Bundys side, the Governments side, and somewhere in the middle what actually is going on out there.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.