Author Topic: breitbart piece on the bundy ranch  (Read 3508 times)

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
Re: breitbart piece on the bundy ranch
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2014, 11:52:54 AM »
Difference is King George was born as a monarch and we can replace our leaders at election time.

Chelsea has a nice following, all eager to vote for her.  What are her qualifications, other than being born to "royalty"?  We're not there quite yet.  But we are starting to merge over to the off ramp.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2014, 12:05:21 PM »
Chelsea has a nice following, all eager to vote for her.  What are her qualifications, other than being born to "royalty"?  We're not there quite yet.  But we are starting to merge over to the off ramp.

Naw, we are just living in a time where a father/son were president and the wife of another president has tried to run for president. Just seems like its turning into a dynasty. It sort of happened with the Kennedys but that also passed.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2014, 01:12:26 PM »
Here's the long and short of it.

In 1993 some officous bureaucrat in the Clinton administration decided that they didn't like those dirty ranchers using their desert.  So they found some enviro group to sue the feed.gov to protect the tortise.  BLM writes new rules/permits that begin to force ranchers off the land.   Fast forward to 2014 and there is only one of the original 53 left.

People finally had enough.  The .gov is no longer representing them, but enviro groups that are hellbent on getting people off .gov lands.   They decided to make a stand, to kill and be killed if necessary, against the militarized .gov agency.

It's what the lady said.  "Do we now send men with guns to collect a bill?"   Apparently, we do.  And when that happens we no longer control the .gov.  The .gov controls us through the threat of violence.

"Social contract" s now null and void.

And yes, I would go out there and stand in the front rank.  I've done it before.  I'll do it again.   
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2014, 01:31:53 PM »
Who were the other ranchers and how have we not heard from them? Directly or through the cattlemans association? Or were they disappeared?!?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2014, 02:57:55 PM »
It would appear that lawmakers in western states are fighting back:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/57836973-90/utah-lands-lawmakers-federal.html.csp

This started before the Bundy ranch standoff, but has since gained momentum.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

• friends
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2014, 03:14:09 PM »
Another one:

http://misguidedchildren.com/domestic-affairs/2014/04/diamond-bar-ranch-in-nm-seized-by-us-forest-service/19270

yes  another rancher who owns 115 acres but has an entitlement to 144000 acres that don't belong to them
who has lost in court on that entitlement

can we find a statement from 1 of the 53 ranchers the bundy's disciples keep talking about? i can't and thats most curious to me. the more so since so much of the info put out by their camp has been "less than factual". though i will say the bundy's themselves stay much closer to the facts than their camp.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2014, 07:56:00 PM »
Here's the long and short of it.

In 1993 some officous bureaucrat in the Clinton administration decided that they didn't like those dirty ranchers using their desert.  So they found some enviro group to sue the feed.gov to protect the tortise.  BLM writes new rules/permits that begin to force ranchers off the land.   Fast forward to 2014 and there is only one of the original 53 left.

People finally had enough.  The .gov is no longer representing them, but enviro groups that are hellbent on getting people off .gov lands.   They decided to make a stand, to kill and be killed if necessary, against the militarized .gov agency.

It's what the lady said.  "Do we now send men with guns to collect a bill?"   Apparently, we do.  And when that happens we no longer control the .gov.  The .gov controls us through the threat of violence.

"Social contract" s now null and void.

And yes, I would go out there and stand in the front rank.  I've done it before.  I'll do it again.   

Pretty sure the tortoise in question was listed in 1989.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2014, 08:01:41 PM »
Pretty sure the tortoise in question was listed in 1989.

Nope I was wrong, listed in 1980.

Uranus is a gas giant.

• friends
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2014, 08:06:14 PM »
can anyone find a statement or court case from those 53 ranchers the bundy camp has mentioned?  the ones forced out? or bought out?  surely one of those victims has spoken up or rallied to his flag?