Author Topic: Who Will Watch The Watchmen?  (Read 1088 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Who Will Watch The Watchmen?
« on: April 25, 2014, 10:18:19 AM »
Not this guy.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/24/senate-probe-ex-dhs-watchdog-altered-reports-as-favor-to-senior-officials/

The official tasked with keeping watch over the Department of Homeland Security was instead watching out for senior officials he considered his "friends," according to a Senate probe.

A subcommittee of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs released a scathing report on Thursday that effectively confirmed many of the ethical allegations that have trailed Charles Edwards ever since he resigned his post in December as acting DHS inspector general. The report determined that he "jeopardized the independence" of his office by socializing with senior DHS officials and had reports "altered or delayed" to accommodate the department he was supposed to oversee.

Tell me again why we ought not keep giving these folks the stink eye and insisting they back up everything they say and do?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

fifth_column

• friend
Re: Who Will Watch The Watchmen?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 10:25:56 AM »
I normally try to give people the benefit of the doubt.  The list of those that no longer receive it is growing too long to list . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

HankB

• friend
Re: Who Will Watch The Watchmen?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 11:49:15 AM »
Not this guy.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/24/senate-probe-ex-dhs-watchdog-altered-reports-as-favor-to-senior-officials/

Tell me again why we ought not keep giving these folks the stink eye and insisting they back up everything they say and do?
Because it would be RACIST, that's why.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain