Author Topic: This may be a gun buyback record.  (Read 912 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
This may be a gun buyback record.
« on: May 04, 2014, 06:38:19 PM »
Miami police hold gun buy-back in Little Haiti........

Miami police said three shotguns, two rifles and a handgun were turned in Saturday.

I am sure in someone's mind this was a rousing success. Hopefully it wasted some of Bloomberg's money. ;)

http://m.local10.com/news/miami-police-hold-gun-buyback-in-little-haiti/25795940

bob

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: This may be a gun buyback record.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 07:27:59 PM »
I heartly endorce Bloombergs buy backs.

I find it nice knowing that if for some reason I end up with a pile of worthless guns I can easily make some quick cash to buy a quality firearm. And the fact that I'm using a raging liberals fortune is just icing on that particular cake.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 07:42:59 PM »

I find it nice knowing that if for some reason I end up with a pile of worthless guns I can easily make some quick cash to buy a quality firearm. And the fact that I'm using a raging liberals fortune is just icing on that particular cake.

Everything I've seen for a while has involved gift cards, which aren't usually directly convertible to cash.  Though I know there was an Illinois group in the not too distant past that managed to cash in some crap guns to buy decent stuff for a shooting camp.

And they should be called "buy-ups".  "Cash 4 Clunkers".
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 08:59:07 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 09:12:28 PM »

I've got a Heritage Rough Rider that is a candidate  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 09:44:59 PM »
Everything I've seen for a while has involved gift cards, which aren't usually directly convertible to cash.  Though I know there was an Illinois group in the not too distant past that managed to cash in some crap guns to buy decent stuff for a shooting camp.

And they should be called "buy-ups".  "Cash 4 Clunkers".

So, I get gift cards for something I need, use the cash I would have used to buy that to buy a gun.

Hell, I'm not picky. Even if I don't use it to buy a gun, dear old Bloomy would still be giving money away too someone who openly thinks he's a moron.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds