Author Topic: Reports of militia check-points in Nevada  (Read 13595 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Reports of militia check-points in Nevada
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 11:52:19 PM »
If this is true, it would not be a good day for a "militia member" who tried to checkpoint me whilst I was traveling on a public road. Private road that belongs to you, fine, I don't care.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 11:58:22 PM »
no evidence?  you don't believe?
"Bundy denies that militia members set up checkpoints on public property. He said armed guards do stop and screen visitors at the gate to his ranch.

A group of militia members who stopped a neighboring rancher trucking cattle last Saturday to Arizona, about 12 miles to the east, were helping his son, Ryan Bundy, the family patriarch said. They wanted to ensure that Bundy cattle weren't being rustled.

A guard also is stationed on a dirt road leading to a gravel quarry on private land where DeLemus and his group have been camping for almost three weeks.

At a campsite with a sign dubbing it "Bunker Hill," Jason Scott Patrick, 42, from Bonaire, Georgia, described wielding a weapon during the standoff in a dry wash beneath the I-15 overpass."

you know the problem with yielding to loons?  you always end up having to deal with em later
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 12:03:22 AM »
you know the problem with yielding to loons?  you always end up having to deal with em later

Too true, we shoulda dealt with loons like Lincoln, FDR, and LBJ while they were actively screwing things up. :)
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 12:18:28 AM »
no evidence?  you don't believe?
"Bundy denies that militia members set up checkpoints on public property. He said armed guards do stop and screen visitors at the gate to his ranch.

A group of militia members who stopped a neighboring rancher trucking cattle last Saturday to Arizona, about 12 miles to the east, were helping his son, Ryan Bundy, the family patriarch said. They wanted to ensure that Bundy cattle weren't being rustled.

A guard also is stationed on a dirt road leading to a gravel quarry on private land where DeLemus and his group have been camping for almost three weeks.

At a campsite with a sign dubbing it "Bunker Hill," Jason Scott Patrick, 42, from Bonaire, Georgia, described wielding a weapon during the standoff in a dry wash beneath the I-15 overpass."

OK, the sniper guy is a different topic. We're talking about residents and travelers (not BLM) being stopped by militia. But you knew that.

Most of the rest sounds like private security, which I thought was legal. The guy they stopped with a truckful of cattle, we'd need more details. What does that mean, they stopped him? Flagged him down, ran him off the road, a road-block? Private land, or public road?

Evidence in terms of people saying that they saw militia members running checkpoints on public roads? I never denied that.

"Hard evidence," which is the term I used, like photo or video? How does no one have any of that? I haven't seen reports of victims contacting police about any of this. Have you?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

• friends
Re:
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 03:30:16 AM »
Why would it matter what type of road the folks are be8ng stopped on? Armed group of vigilantes stopping folks is ok now?
I am curious as to Bundy's position in his church and how they regard him and the clan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 03:41:58 AM »
If the road is on private property, and privately built and maintained, and the folks doing the stopping are the land owner or his agents, the yes, why wouldn't it be ok?

Now the articles are unclear as to whether those conditions have been met, but at least on the driveway to his house I find it likely that they have been.

12 miles away, stopping his neighbor? Sketchier.  But wait, I got something for this:

i find the lack of noise from the other rancher telling id like to see tapes from that stopping if the other guy wasnt stealing cattle then theres  no problem stopping to prove it his third cousin is a felon anyway so he deserved it

• friends
Re:
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 04:33:35 AM »
12 mile away was off his ranch. What was his sons legal authority again?
I think if they'd actually caught a rustler he'd out it as evidence of what hes up against.  Its telling to me that he brought it up. And apparently thinks he or his son had the right. Most mentally disturbed folks know they are right. I would indeed be interested in hearing more about the stop. In particular ask if he was intimidated by the millionaire with the large family posse and volunteer army

• friends
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 07:42:16 AM »
If the road is on private property, and privately built and maintained, and the folks doing the stopping are the land owner or his agents, the yes, why wouldn't it be ok?

That's an interesting point. Does use of a private road subject one to vigilante search. I can't find a reference to that being the case. Heck entering secure gov installation they have warning signs sometimes citing the legal code that informs one that you are subject to search. Buddy's got a ton of kin in that part of the world but that will only carry you so far before someone gets bad hurt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• friends
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 07:54:12 AM »
Found this while looking too.  For grins and chuckles.  http://www.dailypaul.com/133248/pulled-over-today-with-no-license-license-plate-or-registration

grampster

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 08:56:11 AM »
I am not defending anybody here, nor have much of an opinion about stuff I don't actually know to be true. 

But how is it any different than having the Secret Service disrupt, stop, check out, bear arms and prohibit free access and the ability to come and go for a citizen who has not been threatened and happens to have a public office or is a celebrity and a rancher who had been confronted by armed tactical agents of the federal government who went far beyond what might be considered appropriate for the situation.

Just wondering.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 09:18:20 AM »
That's an interesting point. Does use of a private road subject one to vigilante search. I can't find a reference to that being the case. Heck entering secure gov installation they have warning signs sometimes citing the legal code that informs one that you are subject to search. Buddy's got a ton of kin in that part of the world but that will only carry you so far before someone gets bad hurt

You can also read Private Road as Private Driveway. Out in big rural areas a driveway that measures in miles isn't uncommon.
Also on big acerages you will find "private roads" all over the place. On some of my family's land what we called a road was little more than the tracks/ruts left over decades of driving across the dry areas, but we called it a road and if there were strangers driving on our "road" you could bet on them getting stopped and questioned.
Remember, the press is pretty much on your side so anything they can spin to make Bundy look worse will make print.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

• friends
Reports of militia check-points in Nevada
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 09:23:17 AM »
The press? I am using bundy's own statement. He was the one that brought up his son and militia stopping a neighbor so they could determine his cows weren't  being rustled.
Is it your contention his spread extended 12 miles? That the truck was stopped on his driveway? Not possible 12 miles away. Now since in his world he is not subject to the same restrictions mere mortals are he may well regard that road as his. That's the kinda thinking that's got him in trouble.

I may have posted this before
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/12/The-Saga-of-Bundy-Ranch

But this is new.  It appears the crazy is like yeast. Wait till it gets hot
http://www.breitbartunmasked.com/patriot-movement/paranoid-infighting-at-bundy-ranch/

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Re: Reports of militia check-points in Nevada
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 09:58:06 AM »
I am not defending anybody here, nor have much of an opinion about stuff I don't actually know to be true. 

But how is it any different than having the Secret Service disrupt, stop, check out, bear arms and prohibit free access and the ability to come and go for a citizen who has not been threatened and happens to have a public office or is a celebrity and a rancher who had been confronted by armed tactical agents of the federal government who went far beyond what might be considered appropriate for the situation.

Just wondering.

I've never liked the "well they do it, so its ok for me to do it" line of reasoning.

If it was bundys property, I'm fine with it.

If not, then him and his jolly band of hypocrites can go to hell
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 10:02:18 AM »
And lest we think it's the zomg msm Zionist now folks coloring the story here's the unmediated truth.   http://intellihub.com/oathkeepers-stewart-rhodes-retreats-bundy-ranch-drone-strike-kill-zone-hotel-says-embedded-faction/

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Re: Reports of militia check-points in Nevada
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 10:03:13 AM »

I've never liked the "well they do it, so its ok for me to do it" line of reasoning.

If it was bundys property, I'm fine with it.

If not, then him and his jolly band of hypocrites can go to hell

I approve, if only because it bothers C&SD so much.  =)
I promise not to duck.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 10:04:09 AM »
Is it your contention his spread extended 12 miles?

I have no idea whether or not Bundy's deeded land is contiguous.

Lots of Montana ranches are checkerboarded: 2 or 3 sections (sq mi) here, 4 or 5 sections there, and another section or two way over that away.  Just a few years ago I participated in a ~30 mile cattle drive coming down from summer pasture to one of two of the guy's "home ranches."

It ain't like the east coast where you can graze a couple cows in your backyard  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

fifth_column

• friend
Re:
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 10:06:19 AM »
12 mile away was off his ranch. What was his sons legal authority again?
I think if they'd actually caught a rustler he'd out it as evidence of what hes up against.  Its telling to me that he brought it up. And apparently thinks he or his son had the right. Most mentally disturbed folks know they are right. I would indeed be interested in hearing more about the stop. In particular ask if he was intimidated by the millionaire with the large family posse and volunteer army

So true . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Re: Re: Reports of militia check-points in Nevada
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 10:06:59 AM »
I approve, if only because it bothers C&SD so much.  =)

Well of course
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 10:17:10 AM »

• friends
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 10:23:55 AM »
I have no idea whether or not Bundy's deeded land is contiguous.

Lots of Montana ranches are checkerboarded: 2 or 3 sections (sq mi) here, 4 or 5 sections there, and another section or two way over that away.  Just a few years ago I participated in a ~30 mile cattle drive coming down from summer pasture to one of two of the guy's "home ranches."

It ain't like the east coast where you can graze a couple cows in your backyard  ;/

His deeded land is 160 acres   The rest is what he's squatted on. The brietbart article has a map

brimic

• friends
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 10:35:57 AM »
I'm with CS&D on this one- illegal road blocks and unwarranted searches are tools reserved for police use only.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2014, 11:25:00 AM »
I'm with CS&D on this one- illegal road blocks and unwarranted searches are tools reserved for police use only.

Being serious for a second, yes.

And turning the whole "The .gov does it!" defense on it's head, if we don't like it when the .gov does it, why in hell should we like it if they're doing it?  :P
I promise not to duck.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2014, 11:33:36 AM »
^^^^^

But, but, but! Patriots! Gunz! Standing up to the Man!  Why do you hate freedom?  =D

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 11:37:39 AM »
Being serious for a second, yes.

And turning the whole "The .gov does it!" defense on it's head, if we don't like it when the .gov does it, why in hell should we like it if they're doing it?  :P

Depends.

If one is seeking to set an example of moral and constitutional rectitude, avoidance of such acts is the best COA.

If you are at war with the gov't or the gov't is at war with you, though, all bets & rules are off. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton