Author Topic: Reports of militia check-points in Nevada  (Read 13598 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Reports of militia check-points in Nevada
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2014, 11:40:23 AM »
And if you endure it watch the you tube vids.  See the face the world sees as repping gun owners tea partners oath keepers etc. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

brimic

• friends
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2014, 02:06:41 PM »
Being serious for a second, yes.

And turning the whole "The .gov does it!" defense on it's head, if we don't like it when the .gov does it, why in hell should we like it if they're doing it?  :P

I was being serious.
Its best not to emulate an illegitimate government if one is going to fight an illegitimate government.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2014, 06:46:23 PM »
Ok, so nearly a page has gone by since I last checked in, and nobody (not even our resident Google Fu Grand Master and Bundy Debunker) has unearthed anything to substantiate that militia are subjecting Nevadans to vigilante check-points.

We have one incident that might be questionable, if we had more details, and that's about it.

Interesting.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2014, 06:50:31 PM »
Ok, so nearly a page has gone by since I last checked in, and nobody (not even our resident Google Fu Grand Master and Bundy Debunker) has unearthed anything to substantiate that militia are subjecting Nevadans to vigilante check-points.

We have one incident that might be questionable, if we had more details, and that's about it.

Interesting.

why you heroworshipping bundy? lay down with dogs get up with fleas. or is that just the zionist ms talking cause everyone who doubts reports that attempt to slander people who dont like the feds is just racist troofers.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2014, 06:54:56 PM »
Sorry, cassandraandsarasbalog. I forgot that one key piece of evidence is MILITIA MEMBERS. HAVING GUNS!!! NEAR COMMUNITY LOCATIONS!  :O  COMMUNITY LOCATIONS!!!!!

• friends
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2014, 07:34:43 PM »
What do you call stopping folks to check out the cows in their truck? And how do you characterize a stop conducted by self appointed cow cop bundy and his armed Dannites?

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2014, 08:28:16 PM »
What do you call stopping folks to check out the cows in their truck? And how do you characterize a stop conducted by self appointed cow cop bundy and his armed Dannites?

Any objective observer, from my distance, would have to call it "something of which I've not seen the details."

Besides, that's one guy being stopped (whatever that means). That does not sound like a checkpoint to anyone who knows what the word means.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2014, 10:24:27 PM »
(not even our resident Google Fu Grand Master and Bundy Debunker)

Who would that be?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Re: Reports of militia check-points in Nevada
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2014, 11:17:27 PM »

Any objective observer, from my distance, would have to call it "something of which I've not seen the details."

Besides, that's one guy being stopped (whatever that means). That does not sound like a checkpoint to anyone who knows what the word means.

Gawking at one truckload of cattle is not a checkpoint.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2014, 11:58:21 PM »
Who would that be?

Why, CSD; the guy who seems most interesting in criticizing ole' Cliven, and the guy who likes to dig up links on things. He's actually pretty good at both, but he's not doing such a good job in this thread. I suspect there is something to this talk of militia being obnoxious, in the post-stand-off aftermath, but I doubt it's as far-reaching as the Representative suggests.

• friends
Reports of militia check-points in Nevada
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2014, 01:31:35 PM »
Gawking at one truckload of cattle is not a checkpoint.

If you stop it with a group of armed men what is it?
What is their right to stop and check ID? Verify residency? You watch the video of the militia meeting? A group all dressed with nowhere to go. And a group looking to DO something , anything is a recipe for at the least stupid if not tragedy

If the drone strikes don't get em first.
Nice to post stuff on the net show the world an indelible image of your movement . Jt ready style

brimic

• friends
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2014, 01:34:12 PM »

Impersonating police officers?
Not quite.
They didn't drag the driver out of the truck and taze him.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2014, 01:47:28 PM »
Impersonating police officers?
Not quite.
They didn't drag the driver out of the truck and taze him.

"I zing the body electric."
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2014, 02:29:15 PM »
Maybe they tazed the cows with one of those electric poker thingees.

So do we have anything to go other then fistful's will imagination and CSD's prayerful hope that some militia member has an ND allowing the BLM SWAT team to go all WACO on the Bundys?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2014, 06:35:09 PM »

Dunno about you -- I call it "Assault with a deadly weapon." I'm pretty sure that's where it would fit in the Nevada penal code.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2014, 06:48:07 PM »
What is their right to stop and check ID? Verify residency?

;/ Again, where's the evidence that any militia groups are stopping people, outside of private property, and checking ID? I would be more willing to believe such if people were calling police, instead of writing their congressman, and having him write a vague letter.

"A group of armed men." Double- ;/  Any group of men might have weapons. That doesn't automatically make their actions suspicious. Like I already told you, some of us want to have details before we jump to conclusions like a frog on speed. (Details like, did the armed men have ARs at the low ready, or were they returning from a hockey game, carrying hockey sticks?)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 06:51:26 PM by fistful »

• friends
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2014, 07:03:03 PM »
Again why do you doubt clivens account of son and friends stopping his neighbor?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2014, 07:13:46 PM »
Again why do you doubt clivens account of son and friends stopping his neighbor?

You crack me up.

Where did I doubt that?

« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 07:18:48 PM by fistful »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2014, 07:23:57 PM »
CSD,

I apologize.

I just checked the dictionary, and found out that I was wrong about the definitions of a great many words in our English lexicon. After re-reading the accounts, I now understand that "we stopped a guy with a load of cattle," when read carefully, actually means, "we set up a roadblock on the highway, and made multiple car-loads of people show us their credentials before we would let them pass."

The egg on my face right now is, well, it's just really something.

• friends
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2014, 07:27:37 PM »
How many folks do they need to stop? How many folks do you imagine come down those back roads in a day? Outside the oath keepers deserting and the remaining militia folks? 
Gonna get warm soon will thin the herd fast.  Of course if there is another cattle gather the mortality will be much higher

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2014, 07:50:37 PM »
Before I answer your questions, do we agree that I'm not doubting Bundy's statement that they stopped a guy hauling cattle?

Do we further agree that his statement falls far short of saying that the man was stopped by force, or threat of force?

Do we also agree that Bundy's statement about the truck being stopped seems unconnected to any alleged militia checkpoint?

Can we also agree that it's rather odd how little evidence for any illegal checkpoints has thus far appeared (at least that I've seen)? Why would the media be ignoring the Bundys now?

• friends
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2014, 08:05:12 PM »
Maybe . No. No. Yes.
Anytime a group of armed men stop me there is a threat of force. And if it's the folks in the vid "in charge" at the bundys the threat is high
The statement about his son stopping the truck was made in an interview after he was asked about and denied checkpoints. I don't think clivens in charge if his army. It's taken a life of its own.
It remains to be seen how much the locals will tolerate. He's lads and that counts for a lot out there. They have no love for outsiders. Something that may haunt bundy soon

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2014, 09:36:23 PM »
Maybe . No. No. Yes.
Anytime a group of armed men stop me there is a threat of force. And if it's the folks in the vid "in charge" at the bundys the threat is high

The chuckles continue.

There's video of Checkpoint Bundy, now? If so, I missed it. I don't know how else you would know that the men who stopped the suspected cattle-rustler were armed at all, much less armed in any way other than merely having holstered sidearms, like most of us carry sidearms on a regular basis. And it would be interesting if you were to claim that having a holstered sidearm is in itself a threat of force. If they had any visible or concealed guns at all.

To answer your questions, I don't know how many people were coming down the back roads.

Most of the evidence is in the nature of people being subject to private security, on private property. On private land, how many people are stopped is up to the property owner/manager, and completely at his discretion, what contracts are in place, etc.

On public roads, no one should be stopped by force, or the threat of force, by any vigilante group.

OK?

• friends
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2014, 10:04:57 PM »
Checkpoint bundy is the name they gave their camp.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2014, 10:46:37 PM »
Checkpoint bundy is the name they gave their camp.

Oh, funny. Didn't know that. I was referring to a video of the guy getting stopped with the truckful o' beef critters, if any such exists.