Author Topic: Reports of militia check-points in Nevada  (Read 13596 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Reports of militia check-points in Nevada
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2014, 10:51:07 PM »
That fact was cleverly hidden in the first or second paragraph of one of the articles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2014, 10:54:17 PM »
I. Don't believe video of the truck being stopped we have to rely on clivens explaining why it was ok for his boy to do it.

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2014, 11:24:24 PM »
That fact was cleverly hidden in the first or second paragraph of one of the articles

Ok, I checked through all of the relevant articles. That must have been in one of those six dozen articles you posted, without managing to dig up any corroboration of the checkpoint rumors. Sorry, didn't bother to read those.

I. Don't believe video of the truck being stopped we have to rely on clivens explaining why it was ok for his boy to do it.

Don't believe in English, either, apparently.  ;/ Not sure what you're trying to say.

So two pages later, no more evidence for something that would have to have been very public, and happened to numerous people, over a long enough time for police or press to arrive. And here I thought you really, really liked to find the dirt on this guy. You're letting us down, here. Guess I'll just keep watching the news.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 11:30:13 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2014, 12:06:30 AM »
the only people other than .gov who ever stopped me on a public road in Nevada was burningman idiots - they were shocked when I started asking them if i was being detained and telling them i want my lawyer now, i want their LE credentials for inspections - they were even more pissed off when I drove around them in a different direction then they wanted me to go.

I do not even need to read the whole thread to smell the bovine excrement - people who stop rural and mess with nevadans don't live long, whether they are LE/militia or burners ....

I was talking to a sheriff out in the outback and he confirmed official policy is to "take it easy" when dealing with locals- locals are the only back up- even the helicopter takes at least an hour in a perfect situation.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2014, 01:15:27 AM »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2014, 01:21:22 AM »
Three sir!

So far, we're only at about two and a fifth pages. It will be three, once we reach the fourth page. Yes, I'm a huge nerd.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2014, 11:04:20 AM »
If I came home to find a box truck coming out of my driveway, I would stop them too.

And yes I'm armed.

The funny thing is that I have this magic ability to figure that something I'm doing might look suspicious to somebody else, and not get offended when we stop and talk.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2014, 03:05:38 PM »
The fact that CSD couldn't get his JBT on when the BLM pulled out has him itchin' for them to go back and "finish the job".

CSD, call the BLM and have them accuse Bundy of attacking a radio transmitter inside the German border on BLM land, and then they can get their Blitzkreig on, since it's taking far too long for someone in their "Camp/Checkpoint" to have that ND they soooooo desperately need to begin the kitten massacre and puppy stomping.  
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 04:19:48 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2014, 03:19:23 PM »
The fed.gov desperately needs its remote Nevada Lebensraum.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2014, 03:39:41 PM »
The Sudetenland Tortoises simply wish to be part of the Fatherland Motherland Homeland. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2014, 04:16:09 PM »
The fed.govChinese Rare Earth Element Mining Corps desperately need its remote Nevada Lebensraum.
\
FIFY
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Reports of militia check-points in Nevada
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2014, 04:52:29 PM »
If I came home to find a box truck coming out of my driveway, I would stop them too.

And yes I'm armed.

The funny thing is that I have this magic ability to figure that something I'm doing might look suspicious to somebody else, and not get offended when we stop and talk.

If he had stopped em in his driveway you'd have a point.  12 miles away? Not so much unless you are signed up for the he owns the whole 150 square miles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

• friends
Re:
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2014, 04:54:33 PM »
Read an interesting bit from the cattlemens assoc. It mentioned that 16000 other ranchers seem to be able to pay for their grazing.  Shocked I was

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re:
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2014, 07:51:27 PM »
Read an interesting bit from the cattlemens assoc. It mentioned that 16000 other ranchers seem to be able to pay for their grazing.  Shocked I was

Wunnerful.  Perhaps they should have paid Bundy's fees too.  [tinfoil]
Just WHO are these 16000 ranchers, anyway?  And where'd the cattlemens' assoc. get that number? 
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re:
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2014, 08:04:06 PM »

Just, you know, not grazing where the desert tortoise are.  Since the BLM doesn't issue grazing permits in Bundy's area anymore.  Thereby killing off that industry in that location.  Except one, apparently.  But don't worry, he'll be dead soon.  And his death will save a tortoise.  Or something.

• friends
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2014, 08:12:05 PM »
Here's a piece that outlines some very important dates. I particular when the ranch was actually bought and when bundys actually showed up
http://www.cattlenetwork.com/cattle-news/Jolley-Five-Minutes-with-the-Cliven-Bundy-fiasco-256571791.html

• friends
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2014, 08:19:56 PM »

• friends
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2014, 08:22:58 PM »
Just, you know, not grazing where the desert tortoise are.  Since the BLM doesn't issue grazing permits in Bundy's area anymore.  Thereby killing off that industry in that location.  Except one, apparently.  But don't worry, he'll be dead soon.  And his death will save a tortoise.  Or something.

Not to spoil it by interjecting facts but how large is the area he was formerly permitted to graze? Not gonna count the extra he started using once he declared sovereignty . And how large is the area restricted by the tortoise protective measures?

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2014, 08:25:39 PM »
Not to spoil it by interjecting facts but how large is the area he was formerly permitted to graze? Not gonna count the extra he started using once he declared sovereignty . And how large is the area restricted by the tortoise protective measures?

If you'd like to interject those facts, please feel free.

• friends
Reports of militia check-points in Nevada
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2014, 08:35:43 PM »
Lots of rehash here but one important thing is bundys family moved from Arizona to bunkerville and bought their 160 acres in 1948 not 1870. That's the first out and out lie I've seen cliven fly

http://www.factandmyth.com/conspiracy-theory/cliven-bundys-cattle-and-the-federal-land-grab

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2014, 11:10:23 AM »
Lots of rehash here but one important thing is bundys family moved from Arizona to bunkerville and bought their 160 acres in 1948 not 1870. That's the first out and out lie I've seen cliven fly

Okay, that's an interesting point  =)

I bet if you go back and look at that purchase then you would find that the grazing lease was part of the contract.

Since we all like to talk about "property rights"    :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2014, 12:36:46 PM »
and they are only good for 10 years aren't they? And it makes all the noise about his families rights predations the blm to be less than truthfull

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re:
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2014, 12:59:46 PM »
Just WHO are these 16000 ranchers, anyway?  And where'd the cattlemens' assoc. get that number? 

Dunno who they are but the Denver Post accepts that number.

There are about 16,000 ranchers across the country, and not a few in these parts. Ranchers pay relatively modest fees ($1.35 per head per month at present) to graze cattle on public land.

Read more: The truth about Cliven Bundy's standoff with the feds - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_25666440/truth-about-cliven-bundys-standoff-feds#ixzz3190H9Sbl
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2014, 02:09:56 PM »
and they are only good for 10 years aren't they? And it makes all the noise about his families rights predations the blm to be less than truthfull

"renewable"

So you think people routinely pay huge sums for ranches that are largely leased land, with the expectation that all that land will be lost within 10 years  ???   ;/

You still don't understand the West, and it's no good to try to explain it  :facepalm:

• friends