Author Topic: Burgers for Breakfast - it's about time.  (Read 12373 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Burgers for Breakfast - it's about time.
« on: May 10, 2014, 01:12:08 AM »
First Taco Bell comes out with a breakfast menu, and now somebody else is making sense. Burgers are way better than sausage biscuits, so why not have them for breakfast?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/burger-king-offers-burgers-breakfast-161023708.html

Jack-in-the-Box has already been serving burgers in the morning.

This kinda matters to me, since I don't like most fast food breakfast options.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 02:22:53 PM by mtnbkr »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Burgers for Breakfast - it's about time.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 02:12:38 AM »
This kinda matters to me, since I don't like most fast food breakfast options.

FTFY

I am not a fan of typical breakfast foods at all. I used to hate you couldn't get a burger at places until 10am.

Although, next week while out camping I do have heuvos rancheros planned for one morning, with chorizo.  =)

bob

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 02:25:42 AM »
FTFY

I am not a fan of typical breakfast foods at all. I used to hate you couldn't get a burger at places until 10am.

Although, next week while out camping I do have heuvos rancheros planned for one morning, with chorizo.  =)

bob

I'm not the biggest fan of breakfast food. Sometimes I'll get a craving for a biscuit or a full blown breakfast but often I would prefer to order a cheeseburger or something else that's usually not on the breakfast menu instead. When I was at another park and part of my duties included overseeing a restaurant I would often have the cooks throw me a burger on the grill at 7AM, and that was rather nice.

I would love to be able to order a cheeseburger at breakfast in more restaurants (yes I know I can always get one at Waffle House, Huddle House, or Sonic).
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 09:12:48 AM »
I find a lot of breakfast food is pretty heavy, and I need to be awake for a couple of hours, before I'm ready for it. When I'm ready for it, though - yum!

[Dons nomex] The main problem with fast food breakfast is that biscuits don't make very good sammitchs. I lurv biscuits covered in sausage gravy, but that's about all they're good for. If we're making sandwiches, just use a regular roll, or if you must get all breakfasty about it, try a croissant.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 10:01:28 AM »
Jack-in-the-Box has already been serving burgers in the morning.

when i was in az, the local jib was open 24/7.  we would hit them after gigs, or other late night bar hopping.  if their usual crowd is like i used to be, they might have a hard time deciding if it's breakfast/lunch/dinner.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 10:16:59 AM »
I've never found any fast food breakfast food that I like. For years, I had very light or no breakfasts, except maybe on the weekends. Over the last 10-15 years I've gotten into more substantial breakfasts. I still have a hard time downing ginormous breakfast scrambles at 0600 if I go out to breakfast, but at home like to do bacon, eggs, and toast with coffee and juice a few times a week, oatmeal with bananas and blueberries a couple of times, and then the weekends that I'm home, I might just have a cup of yogurt or something because I generally cook up a big mid-day meal.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 10:32:03 AM »
Went to a Denny's for a free Birthday meal at m/l 8:00 PM looking for a toothsome little steak-and-potatoes dinner and all they served was sausage or bacon and eggs for the birthday meal.  Could not figure that one out, but it was good eatin' anyhow. I did that two years in a row.

I, too, have wanted a cheeseburger early in the AM and been disappointed.

Oh, well.  Protein is protein.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 10:35:34 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 10:44:31 AM »
Carl's Jr., for the last four or five years, has had a breakfast burger. Its eggs, bacon, cheese, hash browns and a burger. I've never tried but you could probably order it minus eggs, et al.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 10:46:50 AM »
Cracker Barrel: biscuits and gravy, with grits  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 11:25:40 AM »
Carl's Jr., for the last four or five years, has had a breakfast burger. Its eggs, bacon, cheese, hash browns and a burger. I've never tried but you could probably order it minus eggs, et al.

you would think that if they could make a burger it wouldn't be any more difficult to throw it on a roll with lettuce and tomato.     ???
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 03:25:23 PM »
you would think that if they could make a burger it wouldn't be any more difficult to throw it on a roll with lettuce and tomato.     ???

No. No tomato.  :mad:

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 05:46:26 PM »
No. No tomato.  :mad:

What do you have against a slice of good tomato?  Or is it just that you have been raised with those balls of truck garden/hydroponic plastic so that you have never had the sweet, acidic flavor of the earth melting and flowing across your tastebuds?  The weather forcasts are that this will be an excellent year - come on down and get yer 'mater sammich!  http://www.hanovercounty.gov/Events/Tomato-Festival/Hanover-Tomato-Festival/

36 years and mayo is leding "salad dressing" by a wide margin.  The only unsettled question is Dukes or *hack! spit!* Hellman's..

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 08:03:21 PM »
In further fast food news, McDonald's is testing seasoned fries in the St. Louis and Northern California markets.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/05/08/mcdonalds-french-fries-fast-food-restaurants/8857099/

What do you have against a slice of good tomato?  Or is it just that you have been raised with those balls of truck garden/hydroponic plastic so that you have never had the sweet, acidic flavor of the earth melting and flowing across your tastebuds? 

You expect to get home-grown tomater at Carl's Jr?  ???

My Dad grew all manner of stuff in his garden, and what he didn't grow was given us, canned, by Grandma. So I'm sure I've had fresh 'maters somewhere along the line. I just only like mater when it's in very small bits in a salsa, or made into a pizza/pasta sauce. Tomato in any larger bits is uncivilized, and must be broken.  :police:  Then you cover up the taste with various spices, peppers, etc, so it's palatable. :P

Oh, and when it comes to mayo/Miracle whip, here's the thing. If there's enough of it on your sandwich that you can tell the difference, it's too much. You gotta go light with that stuff, or it ruins it.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 08:25:59 PM »
In further fast food news, McDonald's is testing seasoned fries in the St. Louis and Northern California markets.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/05/08/mcdonalds-french-fries-fast-food-restaurants/8857099/

Hmm. Not sure I like that.  I actually like McD's standard fries (depending on where you get them). They were better still back in the day when they still used animal fat to make them. I like Jack in the Box for seasoned curly fries.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2014, 08:40:49 PM »
Burger King "satisfries" are the tater winner, IMHO.  And, has nobody tried the biscuits and gravy at Carl's?  NOM NOM NOM!!!
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2014, 08:55:22 PM »
I like Hardee's breakfast food. McDonalds mostly grosses me out. I can eat the sausage mcgriddles and the pancake breakfast meal, but I don't care so much for their sausage and I hate the eggs they use on sandwich type stuff. Also, the hash browns just arn't as good as Hardee's hash rounds.

I loath Burger King, period. I used to occasionally have to pick up their mini breakfast roll and sausage things for a dog before work. I made the mistake of ordering something for myself. Couldn't eat it. :barf:

I'm also a little quesy first thing when I wake up. I can do a bowel of cereal before leaving for work, or Hardee's or real tasty breakfast after being concious for about an hour.
I have to be really awake before my stomach goes into it's normal cast iron mode and I can tolerate food I find less appealing.

I wouldn't complain about McDonalds doing having regular menu availble during breakfast time. It would make life much easier when time is an issue, I have,to eat something and McD's is the only avalible option.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2014, 09:45:31 PM »
Can always get Sonic's full menu all day.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2014, 10:36:15 PM »
Hmm. Not sure I like that.  I actually like McD's standard fries (depending on where you get them). They were better still back in the day when they still used animal fat to make them. I like Jack in the Box for seasoned curly fries.

I can't see them dumping their standard fries. People love them too much. Might mean you wait longer to get the fries you want, though.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2014, 11:04:24 PM »

I see no reason to *expletive deleted*ck with the tried and true McDonald's fries. I do not care for seasoned fries for the most part, anyway.

I like Hardee's breakfast food

I actually prefer Hardee's breakfast foods to their burgers and other lunch items. The thickburgers just aren't good. But their loaded omelet biscuit is really good. If I'm eating breakfast, I tend to hit up Hardees or ChickFilA vs. other places.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2014, 11:17:53 PM »
White Castles' Sausage, Egg and Cheese sandwich hits the spot for me.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2014, 11:19:46 PM »
I see no reason to *expletive deleted* with the tried and true McDonald's fries. I do not care for seasoned fries for the most part, anyway.

I actually prefer Hardee's breakfast foods to their burgers and other lunch items. The thickburgers just aren't good. But their loaded omelet biscuit is really good. If I'm eating breakfast, I tend to hit up Hardees or ChickFilA vs. other places.

I actually like Hardee's burgers. They taste more like beef.

There are two fast food joints that are absurdly easy to get in and out of within minutes of where I work, McDonalds and Hardee's.
Mind you, Wendy's, Taco Bell and Barf King are close, but more difficult to navigate in and out of.

So it's generally down to those two options when I'm hitting a drive through.

The only thing about Hardee's breakfast menu is Why, Oh WHY did they discontinue the blueberry biscuits? :'( the ciniamine and raisin biscuits just arn't as tasty for breakfast dessert.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2014, 11:31:13 PM »
BSL, do you not have a Cook Out in your locale yet? Best damn place to grab a burger IMHO

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2014, 11:33:39 PM »
Alright, calm down about the fries, folks. Highly doubtful that your favorite fries are going away. They'll most likely just have them as an option, like that other place that does the curly fries. Hardees, or whatever.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2014, 11:34:01 PM »
BSL, do you not have a Cook Out in your locale yet? Best damn place to grab a burger IMHO

I don't think so.

We also don't have a Sonic. Which is just wrong.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2014, 11:34:39 PM »
I prefer my kitchen.  I know the cook and he makes what I like exactly to order.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.