Author Topic: TEA Party losses  (Read 20168 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: TEA Party losses
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2014, 10:39:15 PM »
In a recent interview Cochran shows he wasn't even aware that Eric Cantor lost his seat!

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/06/13/thad-cochran-apparently-didnt-know-that-eric-cantor-lost/?wpisrc=nl_fix

INTERVIEWER: Are you aware that Generalissimo Franco is still dead?

COCHRAN: I hadn't heard of his passing.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2014, 11:31:01 PM »
In a recent interview Cochran shows he wasn't even aware that Eric Cantor lost his seat!

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/06/13/thad-cochran-apparently-didnt-know-that-eric-cantor-lost/?wpisrc=nl_fix

It's about time we had some Congress-folk that were out of touch with Washington.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2014, 01:36:48 AM »
It's an interesting study of media coverage.  

Back in May, the media line was that the Tea Party was down and out.  Tits up and dead as a doornail.  Why?  No real reason, we won some, lost some others, and none of it was big or trend-setting or anything.  They just wanted to write that story, so they did.

Today the media line is that the Tea Party is an evil and terrifying force, able to take down the the biggest incumbents at any time.  Why?  No good reason for that, either.  Cantor is a big scalp, but not a particularly challenging candidate.  He was a terrible campaigner and politician back home and nobody liked him.  All he had was money, and money doesn't win elections, candidates do.  But the media wanted to write the Big-Bad-Tea-Part story, so they did.

It's all just grist for the mill.  If the Tea Party was down and out, we wouldn't have won anything in May or June, but we did.  If we were invincible, we'd have been able to beat Lindsey Graham (a real challenge - he's a much better politician and campaigner than Cantor).  The truth is somewhere in between the extremes, but who wants to write about that?

Anyway, the moral of the story is to ignore all media crap about the Tea Party.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2014, 08:06:09 AM »
The Tea Party was resurrected so that folks would not have to talk about the immigration issue (illegal & otherwise), which is in large part why Cantor lost.

Hell, now even libertarian open-borders buffoons are doing their best not to talk about that and concentrating on berating Brat for not referring to nutty trannies by their preferred mode/name.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2014, 03:28:35 PM »
Given how Cochran won the run-off, I would not be surprised to see the seat go to a Democrat simply because the Tea Party voters will stay home.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/26/pruden-race-baiting-and-betrayal-in-mississippi/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• friend
Re: Re: TEA Party losses
« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2014, 06:57:08 PM »
Read a story on how much big bucks the gop estab and their supporters spent on primaries to thwart conservative candidates.  The amount of money was staggering as was the joy the establishmentarians got from their success this primary season.  Much more joy expressed than when beating democrats.  Pretty much tells the tale as to whom they view as the greater threat.  Looks more and more like govt party vs the rest of us.

As for sen thad maybe he can get his new best buddies to vote for him.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton