Author Topic: Obama's real problem: excessive modesty  (Read 907 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Obama's real problem: excessive modesty
« on: May 30, 2014, 05:45:23 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pyz_doLLoXk

JEN PSAKI: I would argue the president doesn't give himself enough credit for what he's done around the world. And that's how the secretary feels too. We would not be engaged in comprehensive negotiations with Iran, which is where the program is stalled, and is rolling back, if it were not for the role of the United States, along with the P-5 +1 partners certainly. In Ukraine, we've been engaged more or as much as any other country in the world in supporting the elections process, supporting the government, and supporting efforts moving forward. Yes, there's more work that needs to be done, the point is we need to continue to stay at it.

REPORTER: Is this a potential mission accomplished statement?

PSAKI: Absolutely not.

MATT LEE: You would argue the president doesn't give himself enough credit, how much credit would you give him?

PSAKI: I would give him more than he has given himself. So would the secretary.

LEE: Like 200 percent credit?
For what? Iran negotiations?

PSAKI: I mean...

REPORTER: What specifically are you saying he doesn't get enough credit for?

PSAKI: For engagement in issues like Iran, what we've done on Ukraine. Efforts to dive in and engage in the world.

REPORTER: Russia has still annexed Crimea. Iran, there are ongoing negotiations, but is that the success here that your talking?

PSAKI: We're talking about engagement in the world and taking on tough issues that present themselves, and the United States continues to play a prominent role doing that.

:rofl:
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: Obama's real problem: excessive modesty
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 05:52:30 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 07:19:16 PM »
Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw8WIia47WE#t=3m10s

PSAKI: We're talking about engagement in the world and taking on tough issues that present themselves, and the United States continues to play a prominent role doing that.

Such an improvement over that isolationist, George W. Bush. We couldn't get him to engage in any issues going on in the wider world.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

griz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 08:15:21 PM »
"Engagement in issues"?  I thought that was more of a job description than something to brag about. 
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 12:11:54 AM »
"Engagement in issues"?  I thought that was more of a job description than something to brag about. 

That's because you're a racist.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 12:32:13 AM »
"Engagement in issues" is something that I would use on say, an annual performance review at work when I hadn't actually done anything but needed some filler to make it sound like I had. Only I wouldn't use it because my boss would immediately catch it as a jargon bullshit statement and ding me in the review.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."