Author Topic: The US DOES negotiate / troops watch your backs  (Read 9827 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: The US DOES negotiate / troops watch your backs
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2014, 09:44:08 PM »
Maybe the Democrats who have been blindly following the Marxist in the White House will begin to get a clue.

:rofl:

I think an awful lot of them have gotten a clue about just how un-Messiah this guy is. That's about it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2014, 10:13:56 PM »
Maybe the Democrats who have been blindly following the Marxist in the White House will begin to get a clue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOKociU8t_Q
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2014, 10:37:39 PM »
Be interesting to see if anyone was spending his pay over the course of the past 5 years and if so where the money was going?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2014, 11:17:03 PM »
Yeah that's him. PFC at capture, IIRC.
You are correct.  He was a PFC when he went MIA and was a SSG when his remains were found.  He was from the next county over from mine.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2014, 04:02:01 PM »
More of the story is that the HVT's are going to be held in Qatar for awhile.  How long is awhile and where they go from there is anyone's guess.

Judging by this, how long before they aren't in Qatar anymore?
http://news.yahoo.com/qatar-allowing-freed-taliban-men-move-freely-country-130028784.html

Also, this $&@&$ing administration says they didn't notify congress (as required by law) because it was time sensitive because the dudes life was in danger.

Huh?  Hasn't he been in Taliban custody for years?  And his life is in danger right this minute and can't wait...now?  Um, what the holy pope on a jet ski frak is that load of steaming horse dung?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 04:37:41 PM by birdman »

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2014, 08:44:18 PM »
My thoughts exactly, if they can move about Qatar freely there isn't anything stopping them from winding up wherever they want in a short time.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2014, 10:01:14 PM »
Have we had any indication on what medal Obama will be pinning on this great hero of the fatherland?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2014, 10:18:54 PM »
Have we had any indication on what medal Obama will be pinning on this great hero of the fatherland?

The Hanoi Jane Distinguished Quisling AAAward

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2014, 10:23:40 PM »

It's a major award!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2014, 10:54:34 PM »
It's a major award!

Major traitorous Beeyotch!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2014, 11:36:57 PM »

I can just see John Kerry making the presentation with Hanoi Jane as the key note speaker. 
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2014, 12:19:22 AM »
I can just see John Kerry making the presentation with Hanoi Jane as the key note speaker. 

If it's Kerry, will he pin the medal, or throw it?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2014, 08:47:13 AM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2014, 10:09:27 AM »

If MAD did this then it has to be bad, thought the leaned so far left they never need right side tires.

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2014, 11:00:07 AM »
If MAD did this then it has to be bad, thought the leaned so far left they never need right side tires.

Here you go: http://www.madmagazine.com/blog/2014/06/03/barack-obamas-unfortunate-new-movie

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2014, 10:09:07 AM »
Reality Has No Place In Washington DC
Best comments at 3:06 and 8:12.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceJutR3b1yA

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2014, 09:37:11 PM »
Looks like this will turn uglier for Obama. Fox News is reporting Bergdahl was walking around the Taliban camps carrying a loaded weapon.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/05/exclusive-bergdahl-declared-jihad-secret-documents-show/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2014, 11:12:48 PM »
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2014, 12:42:39 AM »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/harry-reid-bergdahl-controversy-what-difference-does-it-make_794377.html

Yes, Harry Reid really said "What difference does it make?"

:facepalm:

I guess that's the Democratic Party slogan, now. Whoever their pres and veep nominees are in 2016, I'd like a campaign t-shirt for them, with the that slogan featured prominently above and/or beneath their faces.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2014, 09:43:26 AM »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/harry-reid-bergdahl-controversy-what-difference-does-it-make_794377.html

Yes, Harry Reid really said "What difference does it make?"

:facepalm:

I guess that's the Democratic Party slogan, now. Whoever their pres and veep nominees are in 2016, I'd like a campaign t-shirt for them, with the that slogan featured prominently above and/or beneath their faces.

Might as well include the Republican nominees right alongside the Democratic . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re:
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2014, 10:42:50 AM »
Like Jessica Lynch?  Not that she did anything wrong, she just was knocked the *expletive deleted* out from the get go in a fight that actually included honest real bravery.  And wasn't the only POW.  But she's a cute girl from a small town and all that, right? 

Pentagon pulled that stunt for the PR. Also, Lynch's brother was serving at the time. Nothing was explicitly stated or threatened, but a family member is useful leverage. Especially when the Army can assign the guy to any task or make his life a literal hell for the remainder of his term.

She was disabled and injured, then used for propaganda purposes without her involvement. IMHO, she performed her duties with honor, and got screwed over by the brass, same as plenty of other soldiers. Personally, I'm not sure which would be worse. Being screwed over in a negative manner (left for dead, insufficient support, bad intel, etc) or being given high visibility preferential treatment that wasn't warranted.

When Israel attacked the USS Liberty, Commander William L. McGonagle resisted with astonishing flexibility and professionalism. A read of his actions during the incident should be mandatory for naval officers. Afterwards, he was given the Medal of Honor. Dude deserved it twelve ways to Sunday. He never accepted that, and thought it was or could be a bribe.

That's a special kind of hell for any honorable service member.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2014, 11:36:03 AM »
1. I have zero animus for J Lynch.  She was used by the brass and was not in a position to do much about it.  Matter of fact, she has my sympathy for the trauma she endured and the subsequent hail of baloney heaped on her by men who ought to know better.

2. WTH, Army brass?  There were plenty of incidents of heroism to buff up and display for PR purposes.  No need to fabricate one.  These are the sorts of weirdos who could be surrounded by randy members of the Swedish Bikini Team, but insist on loping the mule for satisfaction.

3. I suspect that one big reason they fabricated much about the incident was to distract from other facts that were unseemly and could call into question policies.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog