Author Topic: Fake Cop Pulls Over Real Cop  (Read 5404 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
Re: Fake Cop Pulls Over Real Cop
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 05:41:19 PM »
"Detective Justin (Chance) Anderson said he was shocked to see somebody "affecting a traffic stop on me" because he had not done anything wrong."

^^^^That's funny right there.^^^^

jeff w

I like onions!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 07:32:48 AM »
Yeah, should have been "effecting" a traffic stop, not "affecting."

Anyhow, they recently (5 yrs ago?) made it a felony to impersonate an LEO in Colorado.  If I recall correctly, the law was written such that technically, even wearing, let's say, a baseball cap with things like LAPD or NYPD printed on it, would be illegal.  

This was our Legislators' response to a spate of false traffic stops on women which made the news at the time.

I would have preferred that it did not fall in with the philosophy of making all sorts of relatively minor things "felonies," but otherwise, I abhor the idea of someone impersonating a sworn Officer.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 07:39:05 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 08:17:12 AM »
Yeah, should have been "effecting" a traffic stop, not "affecting."

The part I was amused by was that he was "shocked" that he'd been pulled over because he "hadn't done anything wrong".
How's it feel to be on the other side?Even fraudulently.
jeff w

I like onions!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 08:37:20 AM »
We've had instances of fake cops in TX, too, pulling people (mostly women) over.

If an UNMARKED car tries to pull me over, I'm probably going to get in more hot water . . . these days, I'd be reluctant to stop for anything other than a clearly marked police vehicle with a uniformed officer inside - IMHO, flashing lights alone on a car (available from all manner of places on the Internet) do NOT constitute sufficient identification of an officer for me to stop.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 09:28:09 AM »
When I was at the Milwaukee Journal while I was in photo school, I worked with a guy who was hellbound to be a cop. He'd seen every Dirty Harry movie 50 times, had "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" soundtrack on 8-track tape, and had a S&W 41 .44 magnum with a shoulder holster. He also had a used police unmarked squad in which he'd installed a dash light and siren. He'd pulled a few people over before he finally got caught himself.

It didn't affect his ability to become a cop, though. Last time I talked to him ten years ago, he was working the "power shift" at night from 6 pm to 2 am when most of the problems happen. He was still gung ho.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 10:24:23 AM »
"Detective Justin (Chance) Anderson said he was shocked to see somebody "affecting a traffic stop on me" because he had not done anything wrong."

^^^^That's funny right there.^^^^

Been even more LOLworthy if fake cop had and used a taser. >:D
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 07:12:46 PM »
. . . had a S&W 41 .44 magnum with a shoulder holster . . .
He told you that? FWIW, S&W's Model 41 is a .22 rimfire semiautomatic target pistol.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 08:50:02 PM »
Maybe he had two.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 09:52:10 PM »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 12:37:49 AM »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 12:55:48 AM »
Not really "Fake Cop Pulls Over Real Cop" but, I was driving truck on I-80, across the southern part of Gary Indiana about mid day. Traffic was light and moving well. I was doing 60 (five over on that stretch of road). and passed by an Indiana trooper (in a black, unmarked Camaro with dark tinted windows and chrome wheels, you could only make out the lights from a truck,) who had a four wheeler stopped on the coMedian side breakdown lane. A few minutes later, that cop passed me doing about 80 mph, and strangely enough, had a black Camaro on his back door. Obviously, the black Camaro couldn't see the lights and was trying to impress "someone".

I remember thinking, "this is gonna hurt!" and sure enough, a couple miles down the road, the Copmaro had the Z28 pulled over and was giving the driver a searing ration of shiser. It was a good day.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 01:44:34 PM »
LOL

"Copmaro"

Heh.

Apt.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014, 01:57:55 PM »
We've had instances of fake cops in TX, too, pulling people (mostly women) over.

If an UNMARKED car tries to pull me over, I'm probably going to get in more hot water . . . these days, I'd be reluctant to stop for anything other than a clearly marked police vehicle with a uniformed officer inside - IMHO, flashing lights alone on a car (available from all manner of places on the Internet) do NOT constitute sufficient identification of an officer for me to stop.

You call 911 and request that they verifiy that there is an office trying to pull you over.
This is a pretty commen deal these days, what with all the fakes.
In fact, the local PDs and new stations usually run a "how too" segment every so often, usually when a fake hits the news.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2014, 02:06:57 PM »
You call 911 and request that they verifiy that there is an office trying to pull you over.
This is a pretty commen deal these days, what with all the fakes.
In fact, the local PDs and new stations usually run a "how too" segment every so often, usually when a fake hits the news.
Someone suggested that locally, but the response was that dispatch had no way of knowing which cop - if any - was following you.  ???

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2014, 02:10:26 PM »
Someone suggested that locally, but the response was that dispatch had no way of knowing which cop - if any - was following you.  ???
Yeah, unless he/she had just called in and said they had a "runner"   :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2014, 02:25:50 AM »
I like how "they" say if you're not sure drive to a safe, well lit location or call 911 to check.
I can see that working out real well.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014, 06:48:49 AM »
In Oklahoma if you are in an unmarked car you must be in uniform.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2014, 07:11:21 AM »
And some smarter states arw dropping unmarked for routine traffic enforcement

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Fake Cop Pulls Over Real Cop
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2014, 07:13:42 AM »
I like how "they" say if you're not sure drive to a safe, well lit location or call 911 to check.
I can see that working out real well.

Here they ran ad's advising women to do that

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2014, 07:37:31 AM »
Around here, cops doing a stop will notify dispatch where they are and (usually) the plate number of the car they are pulling over. However, if someone fails to pull over quickly and the officer calls out that the person is slow to stop, they will shortly receive all the verification they need as units from all over the county come running.

Still, if there are real doubts about the validity of the stop, the option exists to call 911.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2014, 07:50:29 AM »
Here they ran ad's advising women to do that

Same here, I just don't see most of the local cops going along with the driver when he/she keeps going till they can pull into a convenience store or the like.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

• friends
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2014, 08:23:47 AM »
I think guys get treated differently than girls. Though maybe less now. We had 2 local gang fools and ones sister jack and kill a cop. Off duty but it drives home the idea of everyone being vulnerable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2014, 10:02:16 AM »
Same here, I just don't see most of the local cops going along with the driver when he/she keeps going till they can pull into a convenience store or the like.

Out here, that could be 20 or 30 miles or more  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2014, 10:08:15 AM »
Been even more LOLworthy if fake cop had and used a taser.

More convincing if he'd busted the windows and tossed in a flashbang.