Author Topic: Shooting in Las Vegas  (Read 4247 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2014, 08:00:48 AM »
Guys facebook page is a hoot. Pictures are special. Him posing with sheriff mack

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Shooting in Las Vegas
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2014, 08:14:28 AM »
Duplicate threads merged.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2014, 04:02:42 PM »
While some of you all worry about how the media is spinning the story against the Tea Party, I'll hold up the articles like this and relax just a bit...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/09/wilcox-vegas-shooting-hate/10261163/

That said, we've often talked about how a CCW holder should respond to an active shooter situation...protect family first, then escape.  We're not there to be heroes.  I guess this CCW holder didn't get the memo, and tried to do the heroic thing.  May he rest in peace, his pistol by his side.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2014, 04:58:49 PM »
He stepped up, like most Americans would have done 50 years ago, before our balls were cut off by the nanny state.
 Ain't no guarantees in life, sometimes you lose. But at least he tried, and amazingly, the Sheriff commended his attempt.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2014, 05:43:12 PM »
He stepped up, like most Americans would have done 50 years ago, before our balls were cut off by the nanny state.
 Ain't no guarantees in life, sometimes you lose. But at least he tried, and amazingly, the Sheriff commended his attempt.

Agreed. The time he cost and distraction he caused the shooters may have saved other lives.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch