Author Topic: Sleep/talking/walking/etc  (Read 1576 times)

Kyle

Sleep/talking/walking/etc
« on: September 25, 2006, 06:25:45 PM »
Whats some weird stuff people have done in their sleep? Sometimes I have wierd dreams where I act out simple parts of them with my body.

A funny example of this is a little while ago, I had a dream I walked into my girlfriends apartment and she was engaged in sexual conduct with another person. I threw the guy out, and suddenly wake up...

And there she is sleeping next to me, with her face inches from mine. I am still very angry at this point, having not mentaly established that the dream was a dream and I was now awake. So I kind of sleepily head-butt her in the forehead. Not hard, but sort of jarring.

She wakes up and says:

"Did you just hit me in the head?"
"Yes."
"It hurt!"
"Good!"

And then I went back to sleep. I felt really bad in the morning but now we get a good laugh out of it.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 07:26:11 PM »
Charming...

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 08:14:22 PM »
The best group I ever shot was about .25" at fifty yards with an unscoped Marlin .22 one night while asleep.
Problem was, it was the neighbor's dog.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 04:59:31 AM »
My wife told me the other morning that I was talking about a getting a vasectomy in my sleep. I guess I talk about all sorts of stuff when I am sleeping.

-C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 06:24:20 AM »
That happened to me a few years ago. My wife had a very vivid dream that she found out I was cheating on her, or we were at a party and I was flirting heavily with another woman, something along those lines. She was still experiencing an emotional hangover from the dream and was half angry at me, and half trying to explain how both real and weird it felt at the same time&

I was my usual helpful self. I was earnest and dedicated and we talked through her feelings, but every few minutes I interjected a comment...

"What did she look like, was she hot?"

"Was she somebody we know?"

"Did it look like I was getting anywhere with her?"
I promise not to duck.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 01:29:51 PM »
Some guy in Austin got busted recently for DWI, but apparently was sleep-driving after taking two Ambien.  Funny thing is, he is an ex-pharmaceutical rep.  He said there was no way he would ever take another Ambien.
For entertainment purposes only.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 01:56:49 PM »
My WIFE had a knock down drag out fight in her sleep a few weeks ago. Fortunately she sleeps with her back to me or I woulda got my ass kicked for sure. She's a bruiser. Tongue
Avoid cliches like the plague!

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 01:58:23 PM »
WHich reminds me of a tHR thread one time where some female type was saying how women never have fighting type bad dreams but more like daddy dying or hubby cheating. Now I say HAH to that one. Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 02:12:45 PM »
I talk in my sleep. And I don't mean mumbling, either... we're talking whole running monologues. Really wierd ones, too. Way-out-there things like metaphysics, quantum mechanics, and dimensional theory. Really freaked out my ex-wife for a while.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 04:35:02 PM »
Dionysusigma, if you say so much as one word in this thread, I will do something horrible to you.
(For those of you who are wondering, he was my roommate a few years ago and he liked to conduct psychological experiments on me at 0300 using clips from Full Metal Jacket.)

mustanger98

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 04:45:38 PM »
Ya'll remember the movie "The Day After" where the Russians nuked Lawrence, Kansas? I was about six years old the first time I saw it. For a while after that, I had dreams about everything being suddenly blasted. I'd stand up out of bed with that one. That hasn't happened in a long long time. I can understand that one, but what I really want to know is this recurring dream of a Red Dawn situation... the problem with this one that I'm trying to figure out is why are Cary Grant and Shania Twain (she gets captured stealing ammo for our side) attached to my guerilla/militia unit. One has been dead for 20 years and the other don't impress me much. And neither of them have anything to do with such a situation.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 04:49:10 PM »
All the time, up until I turned 25 or so.  As a kid, I walked around the house and peed in closets and air vents.  As a teen, I pulled the top bunk off the bunk beds and carried it on my back across the room -I swore a bear attacked me...and I had the marks on my back to prove it.   At twenty, I walked into my 250 lb roomate's room and threw him out of bed, after mumbling some incoherant stuff.   At 22 or so, I woke up on top of my ex- wife with my hands around her neck.  
Then it stopped...thank God.  All of those events occured when I was excessively exhausted.  Now my ten year old daughter roams the house at night in her sleep.

mfree

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 06:46:13 PM »
Not I personally, but my ex-fiancee once punched me in the jaw hard while we were sleeping. She continued to sleep, I lay there just a little bit puzzled...

Laurent du Var

• friends
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 10:14:30 PM »
"At 22 or so, I woke up on top of my ex- wife with my hands around her neck."  

Wishful dreaming, or was it supposed to heighten the sensation ?
Vada a bordo, Cazzo!

Lee

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 03:08:22 AM »
Well ...I lied about that one.. I was fully awake (just kidding).

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 08:37:56 AM »
Not that I know of, but I've had a couple interesting interactions with sleeping people.

#1: Held a fully intelligent, 20-minute conversation with a roommate who was fast asleep. He had no recollection of it next morning.

#2: I spent some time living with my Grandfather before he died. He'd swear up a storm in his sleep. I'd be in bed reading and suddenly hear from his room:

"Ohh, boyoboyoboy..."

"Aaooohhhh, boyoboyoboyoboy...."

"AHHH J***S C****T!!"

"Ah bo-oyyy..."

This would go on for about half an hour, then all would be quiet again. Wigged me out the first time I heard it. Now I know why he and my Grandmother slept in separate rooms...
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

mfree

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 08:51:07 AM »
Stickjockey, was your grandfather a veteran?

My grandfather was a POW and according to my mother for the longest time everyone was on tiptoes if he nodded off during the day. At night walking loudly past the bedroom door apparently resulted in a few flying size 11 combats landing upside their heads.

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 09:48:28 AM »
Not a military vet, but he was in the FBI during WW2, attached to Navy Intel.
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!