Author Topic: SCOTUS rules for Hobby Lobby in contraception case  (Read 7292 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: SCOTUS rules for Hobby Lobby in contraception case
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2014, 04:39:39 PM »
Hookers are expensive too. 

How many times do we have to tell you?!? They're call girls. They're only hookers when they're dead.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2014, 04:44:30 PM »
How many times do we have to tell you?!? They're call girls. They're only hookers when they're dead.

Depending on where you get them, they can be more expensive when they're dead.

Neemi

• friend
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2014, 09:31:52 PM »
Although I just realized... Why does insurance cover these anyway? Everytime I ever went to the doctor and was told to take stuff that was avalible over the counter I never got a prescription for it.
Planned Parenthood had it for $34 and all I had to do was show i.d. and sign a piece of paper. It was less a hassle then getting pseudoephedrine. Huh?

Depending on your insurance, it can be cheaper to buy it using the insurance than over the counter. Plus, if you have a Flex Spending or an HSA card, you can only use those cards for the purchase if you have a prescription.

A lot of our Medicaid patients get prescriptions for everything - makes the medications ridiculously cheap/free.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2014, 12:28:48 AM »
So is beer. I want taxpayers to pay for my raging beer habit. I have a right to free recreational beer consumption, and someone else should pay for it. $50 worth of the drug per week should cover it. Whahhh!

Then find a company insurance plan willing to pay for it.  ;)

I think that we should agree that a healthcare plan that doesn't cover realistic health conditions is worse than useless.  Early intervention can be the difference between a fully formed healthy baby and a mentally disadvantaged one that ends up on the state's dime for the rest of it's life.

I was solely looking at that pregnancy is a covered condition(kuddos Hobby Lobby for going that far!) and it's expensive.  Wasn't really looking at that it's government mandated or anything.

As an aside, one of the other sites was mentioning how BC drugs are often used to treat conditions other than preventing pregnancy.  Are the banned 4 on that list? I think that was one of the uproars - in order to provide the prescription 'only' for non-abortion/BC use the medical privacy veil would have to be pierced.

Depending on your insurance, it can be cheaper to buy it using the insurance than over the counter. Plus, if you have a Flex Spending or an HSA card, you can only use those cards for the purchase if you have a prescription.

Given that I seriously approve of Healthcare Savings Accounts where people pay for their own care, perhaps their scope needs to be expanded a touch.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2014, 09:18:31 AM »
Given that I seriously approve of Healthcare Savings Accounts where people pay for their own care, perhaps their scope needs to be expanded a touch.

To continue that tangent, I am continually perplexed that all the progressives that want us all to have health care as a right don't want to do anything regarding the taxing of it. If they really want to make things easier on Americans, ALL health care costs would be tax deductible. As it is, you have to exceed 10% of your income in medical expenses before you can claim any deductions. I guess it's only a "right" as long as it doesn't interfere with the King's share of the crop.

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc502.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2014, 10:07:30 AM »
To continue that tangent, I am continually perplexed that all the progressives that want us all to have health care as a right don't want to do anything regarding the taxing of it. If they really want to make things easier on Americans, ALL health care costs would be tax deductible

Innumeracy.

(I'm groping for words, but i think there's much more to it than that.  A deep and fundamental irrationality, as though the world was not an integrated whole.)

As it is, you have to exceed 10% of your income in medical expenses before you can claim any deductions.

Well ****.  We're gonna blow right past that this year.  Already have.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2014, 11:24:57 AM »
Given that I seriously approve of Healthcare Savings Accounts where people pay for their own care, perhaps their scope needs to be expanded restored a touch.

FTFY. HSAs used to cover over-the-counter meds with no prescription. You can thank the "Affordable" Care Act for eliminating that option.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2014, 08:07:59 PM »
So is beer. I want taxpayers to pay for my raging beer habit. I have a right to free recreational beer consumption, and someone else should pay for it. $50 worth of the drug per week should cover it. Whahhh!
Union chefs job you can drink on job employer provides beer
Bonus same union will pay for rehab

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2014, 08:10:22 PM »
Great line I just saw on Twitchy:

On this Independence Day, many still upset at a Supreme Court that limits their right to be dependent.

http://twitchy.com/2014/07/04/birth-control-heartache-tormented-lefties-mourn-right-to-be-dependent-on-independence-day/

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2014, 08:58:52 PM »
From reading those comments I get the impression that Hobby Lobby must have about a million unhappy morons working for them.

I wonder if any of them have asked their employers if that decision effects them?

Idiots.

Someone should start an internet rumor that the Supreme Court has added to their decision and now requires mandatory,permanent sterilization for all women.
 [popcorn]
Now THAT'D be funny.
jeff w

I like onions!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2014, 12:49:48 AM »
Pretty bizarre how some of those comments talk about the Supreme Court "taking us back" fifty years, or back to 1776. How long ago do they think Obamacare was enacted?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2014, 11:54:33 AM »
Interesting that the current episode of NPR's On Being is about how the Klan popularized the formula "separation of church and state."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife