Author Topic: White House website petition to end $200 SBR tax.  (Read 1441 times)

freakazoid

• friend
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: White House website petition to end $200 SBR tax.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 09:04:52 PM »
In
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 09:27:51 PM »
Why not petition to repeal the entire NFA 1934?
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 09:32:52 PM »
Why not petition to repeal the entire NFA 1934?

Because, as the antis have shown us in certain states, baby steps are easier.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 09:42:25 PM »
I'm not sure those polls do anything other than put you on the obama admin's email spam list :facepalm:.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 09:42:42 PM »
I agree that incrementalism is certainly a fair strategy, as the antis have been doing it for decades, but drawing attention to the functional uselessness of the SBR restrictions only sheds more light on the bizarre juxtaposition of banning weapons that supposedly have no place in the militia, as extended to the permutations of the weapons actually covered by the NFA.

I would be very interested to see an argument brought before the court that the very weapon Miller was arrested for possessing is, in fact, functionally similar to the Mossbergs that our 11Bs are using to blow off door hinges downrange.

My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 09:45:43 PM »
I'm not sure those polls do anything other than put you on the obama admin's email spam list :facepalm:.
What about other lists?   [tinfoil]
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 09:53:15 PM »
I agree that incrementalism is certainly a fair strategy, as the antis have been doing it for decades, but drawing attention to the functional uselessness of the SBR restrictions only sheds more light on the bizarre juxtaposition of banning weapons that supposedly have no place in the militia, as extended to the permutations of the weapons actually covered by the NFA.

I would be very interested to see an argument brought before the court that the very weapon Miller was arrested for possessing is, in fact, functionally similar to the Mossbergs that our 11Bs are using to blow off door hinges downrange.

That would work if the antis were still using that as the reason for banning them.
Speaking of Miller, didn't he not show up o the Supreme Court case and that is why we are where we are today? Was there ever any reason given on why h didn't? Seems to me that that should be floating around the conspiracy theorists but I've never actually heard any talk about it besides that he was never heard from again.

If you're not on one of their lists already, you're not trying hard enough.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 09:57:36 PM »
What Freakazoid said.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 10:50:47 PM »
That would work if the antis were still using that as the reason for banning them.
Speaking of Miller, didn't he not show up o the Supreme Court case and that is why we are where we are today? Was there ever any reason given on why h didn't? Seems to me that that should be floating around the conspiracy theorists but I've never actually heard any talk about it besides that he was never heard from again.

If you're not on one of their lists already, you're not trying hard enough.

US v. Miller actually had two defendants.  One died before the SCOTUS trial and the other had gone missing (I've forgotten which).  In fact the law firm that had been defending Miller had dropped the two as clients; they were doing it pro bono and couldn't afford it~~being the middle of the Great Depression.
SCOTUS remanded the matter  back down to the state court.  It had been tried there before and the lower court had found the NFA unConstitutional, but since SCOTUS never actually issued a real ruling on the matter the NFA remained intact.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero