Author Topic: Food police  (Read 2262 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Food police
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2006, 02:59:49 AM »
Quote from: The Rabbi
  Just once I'd like to see a politician questioned "what are you going to do about X" and him respond "X is a big problem.  But it isn't the gov'ts problem.  People more involved with it need to solve this without our help."
Absolutely.  I'd like to see it a hundred times.  Do you remember "pony-tail guy" when Clinton was running for president?  "Think of us as your children."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Antibubba

• friend
Food police
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2006, 03:40:46 AM »
I think the ban is a conspiracy paid for by the American Lard Council.  Tongue
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

CAnnoneer

• friend
Food police
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2006, 07:17:30 AM »
Certainly more convincingly than people like fat and salt. Companies are in business to sell products and sell what people like to eat.  People make themselves fat not just through food choice but also through lifestyle choice (no exercise).
Hehehe. Don't let your opinionated self prevent you from learning things you do not know.

Educate yourself about how human metabolism works, then compare to gov policies in the last 60 years and the attitude of the food companies. You'll discover that junk food is just as addictive and autocatalytically toxic to humans as tobacco is. You will also discover that the worst offenders are ARTIFICIALLY made and have no representation in a pre-food-processing diet. In that respect the food companies are no better than meth makers and drug dealers. Or do you argue all drugs should be legalized because they are what people like to have?

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Food police
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2006, 07:39:18 AM »
Quote from: CAnnoneer
Certainly more convincingly than people like fat and salt. Companies are in business to sell products and sell what people like to eat.  People make themselves fat not just through food choice but also through lifestyle choice (no exercise).
Hehehe. Don't let your opinionated self prevent you from learning things you do not know.

Educate yourself about how human metabolism works, then compare to gov policies in the last 60 years and the attitude of the food companies. You'll discover that junk food is just as addictive and autocatalytically toxic to humans as tobacco is. You will also discover that the worst offenders are ARTIFICIALLY made and have no representation in a pre-food-processing diet. In that respect the food companies are no better than meth makers and drug dealers. Or do you argue all drugs should be legalized because they are what people like to have?
Yes.  Corn chips=tobacco=methamphetamine.  No difference.
But what did I expect from someone who can't distinguish a person trying to rob him and a person asking for directions.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

CAnnoneer

• friend
Food police
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2006, 07:49:04 AM »
Yes.  Corn chips=tobacco=methamphetamine.  No difference.
But what did I expect from someone who can't distinguish a person trying to rob him and a person asking for directions.
Nice try. The leftist media school of redirection and personal attack.

Just answer the question.

Or better yet, eat junk food for a month or two, and then come back and tell us how easy it is to get off it.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Food police
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2006, 07:52:51 AM »
I ate plenty of junk food.  I also smoked and dipped snuff for 10 years.  I have no desire whatsoever for McDonalds but still sniff cigarette smoke whistfully.  There is no comparing nicotine addiction to anything else.  One never gets over it.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.