Author Topic: New toy....  (Read 917 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
New toy....
« on: September 27, 2006, 02:26:16 PM »
....plunked down $100 on a Kel-Tec P3AT .380 today....and when it comes in, mama is going to pay it off!  
I was looking for an "all the time" gun, and just don't carry my Taurus that much.  Also, I was looking for something to accompany me cycling, especially when I move to VA.  A .380 sure beats the crap outa swinging a frame pump at wayward dogs or road ragers...
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

mtnbkr

• friend
New toy....
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 02:28:03 PM »
I just carry my 44mag Redhawk in my Camelback Cheesy

Chris

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
New toy....
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 02:34:52 PM »
My latest toy is a Saiga Carbine in .308. It goes bang really loud. I don't think I'll be carrying it though.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Jamisjockey

• friend
New toy....
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 02:47:00 PM »
Quote from: mtnbkr
I just carry my 44mag Redhawk in my Camelback Cheesy

Chris
I really, really wanted to get an ultra light .357, primarily because of the Mountain lions and Moose out here when Mountain biking.....however, the Kel-Tec is going to be much better for me overall.  Gotta dig the low profile.  If I really like carrying it, I might sell my Taurus and buy a service pistol (XD 45)
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

New toy....
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 03:01:12 PM »
I've found that a .380 carried 100% of the time when I am not naked or asleep beats the heck out of a 10mm never carried because it can't be concealed or carried without a major rig.

My wife has what may have been *THE* last of the purple Kel-Tec P32's, and after carrying an MK9 long enough to not like it, I've come to the dark side and and am carrying a KT P3AT, parkerized in OD green, and loving that it disappears and rides unnoticed in any garb I care to wear, from tux to speedo and all in between.

Good onya, jj!

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
New toy....
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 03:16:39 PM »
The P3AT is my cycling gun.  It works great for that.  I can't imagine being able to conceal any other gun under a spandex cycling jersey.  Tongue

Incidentally, I just got back from a 45 mile ride.  I had to finish the last few miles after dark, because I was having so much fun I didn't turn around and head back soon enough.  Road riding after dark can be a bit unnerving.  They make pathetic little flashlights for for cyclists to mount on their handlebars.  I keep one on my bike for just this kind of situation, but tonight it just wasn't getting the job done.  Cars couldn't see me until they were right on top of me, and I couldn't see the road well enough to avoid potholes and such.

Anyway, I spent the last few miles wishing I had a tactical handlebar mount for my Surefire.  I know we have a few cyclists around here, so I figure if we all band together and make a big enough fuss Surefire will have to cave in and start catering to the cycling market.  Wadya think?

Jamisjockey

• friend
New toy....
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 03:25:57 PM »
I never ride after dark unless I plan on it.  I've got a Performance bike 30 watt headlight, but the runtime is only an hour on full blast.
Today was bombing around on the Surly Crosscheck, complete with 700x30 knobbies.....including dropping into the gunshop to order the Kel-Tec.....
JD