Author Topic: What do you think of this idea?  (Read 827 times)

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
What do you think of this idea?
« on: September 27, 2006, 04:57:32 PM »
I've had a thought for a while to fund a billboard in Las Vegas for a while now. It would be something simple and would feature a quote from a famous founding father with a picture of him. It seems people have forgotten about the core values of freedom and liberty that this nation was founded on and I would like to do this to serve as a reminder. The only problem was the funding (about $2,000 a month). Well I thought of starting a website to solicit donations for such a project. Depending on donations and such, it would expand to other high traffic areas around the nation.

Think this is a worth while persuit. I know some of you may say that the message would fall upon deaf ears, but I think it is worth a try. As to the domain name, I am having some trouble thinking of one. I currently own fadingfreedoms.com, but would like something more inviting. I looked at the name TreeOfLiberty.org, but it was taken. But the esentially expresses the type of domain I am looking for. Any input on that would be grateful as well.

Let me know what you guys think.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

grampster

• friend
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 07:08:21 PM »
I salute your ambition, sir.  But, in the end, a lost cause.  Those who love Liberty, nurture it.  Those who never give it a thought, never will.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 06:38:28 AM »
I think your idea has merit.

There is a wealthy individual somewhere who started this "God" billboard campaign, and they are all over the nation in various places, black background with white letters, with sayings like "I meant the part about Thou Shall Not", and so on.  It is non-specific to any denomination, or even Christianity.  It just espouses Judeo-Christian values and does it in a way as if it were being spoken by God himself.

I've also seen them by some organization with thoughts like "Character", "Perseverance", and using Abe Lincoln's history of failure before his success to illustrate the concept.

I think key to this *might* be to enlist the participation of certain 'freedom loving' organizations (start with all our RKBA orgs-- NRA, GOA, 2nd Am Sisters, JPFO and so on).  Branch out to various others.  One or more may choose to underwrite it entirely, or provide financial participation.

I'm a bit pressed for time, but will think about this as the day goes by and maybe post more later.

JonnyB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 09:21:25 AM »
Comment deleted by moderator.

Please read the stickied thread on Posting Rules.
Jon has a long mustache. No, really; he does. Look at that thing!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 09:49:10 AM »
Sigmund Freud: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ("General Introduction to Psychoanalysis," S. Freud)

John F. Kennedy: "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

George Orwell: "That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

The Dalai Lama: "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." (May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times)

James Earl Jones: "The world is filled with violence.  Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 11:04:16 PM »
Well, it's under construction. Check out what I have made so far here - http://www.fadingfreedoms.com

I've been thinking about the domain name and have come up with some other ideas. Let me know what you think sounds the best:

SpreadLiberty.org
RescueLiberty.org
Save-Freedom.org
KnowLiberty.org - I'm leaning to this one.
Of course FadingFreedoms.com
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 07:54:26 AM »
I'm inclined to think RescueLiberty is the best of the bunch, just my .02, though.