Author Topic: Cartels suspected as high-caliber gunfire sends Border Patrol scrambling on Rio  (Read 4679 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/20/cartels-suspected-as-high-caliber-gunfire-sends-border-patrol-scrambling-on-rio/

Tell me again why we don't lay waste to the border region?  We are at war with Mexico no one wants to mention it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/20/cartels-suspected-as-high-caliber-gunfire-sends-border-patrol-scrambling-on-rio/

Tell me again why we don't lay waste to the border region?  We are at war with Mexico no one wants to mention it.
Because that would just be mean and not accommodating to teh feels.

We'd rather worry about someone elses spat half a world away that we have no intention or real ability to actually get involved in.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

HankB

• friend
Wonder if the ROEs prohibiting return fire are official or unofficial?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
Whatever.
As long as the disease ridden criminals future American leaders can safely make it thru.
jeff w

I like onions!

wmenorr67

• friend
Well my thinking is that if the BP is being shot at with 50 cals we need to call out the big guns.  I say a few drones armed with Hellfires.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
From the ^^ link above.

"The Rio Grande sector has been the busiest part of the 2,000-mile border with Texas in recent months as a surge of illegal immigrants, many from Central America, has poured in to the U.S. in the mistaken belief that U.S. policy allows for them to remain in America once they make it in."

Emphasis,mine.
jeff w

I like onions!

HankB

• friend
. . . mistaken belief that U.S. policy allows for them to remain in America once they make it in."

Waiting to see if it's actually a mistaken belief.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

brimic

• friends
Fighting a war against mexico is racist, regardless if the other side is invading us.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
I really wish we could have open war with Mexico. That way, when they surrender, we can force them to take back California. And New Jersey, Connecticut, Illinois, etc.

We will, of course, be gracious, by keeping Texas.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
When we prosecute border patrol agents for shooting a fleeing drug dealer, I doesn't surprise me that they are reluctant to shoot back.  That is why I always caution people about putting the military on the border.  Our DC politicians would pile them with so many ROEs that they couldn't spit without being court marshaled. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
When we prosecute border patrol agents for shooting a fleeing drug dealer, I doesn't surprise me that they are reluctant to shoot back.  That is why I always caution people about putting the military on the border.  Our DC politicians would pile them with so many ROEs that they couldn't spit without being court marshaled. 
martialed.

:police:

;)      :angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
So does a grammar nazi get sent to a courts martial or a tribunal?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.

Neither, he gets a drumhead trial and is summarily executed.  [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.

Neither,he gets re-patriated to Paraguay to retire.
jeff w

I like onions!

HankB

• friend

Neither, he gets a drumhead trial and is summarily executed.  [popcorn]

Depends on whether or not the flag has a gold fringe . . .  ;)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Fighting a war against mexico is racist, regardless if the other side is invading us.

Is it still racist if we only use Hispanic officers and Hispanic troops?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
What is the downside to having a fast response military team or assets in place to come to the rescue if Border Patrol comes under enemy fire?

I don't want Border Patrol tasked with fighting paramilitary or military assets. It needs to be understood that if you fire upon the US Border Patrol the response will be a swift and overwhelming military response. Why not US military helicopter gunships as back up?

Might be a good role for retiring A-10's    [ar15]
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 09:57:30 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

zxcvbob

• friend
What is the downside to having a fast response military team or assets in place to come to the rescue if Border Patrol comes under enemy fire?

I don't want Border Patrol tasked with fighting paramilitary or military assets. It needs to be understood that if you fire upon the US Border Patrol the response will be a swift and overwhelming military response. Why not US military helicopter gunships as back up?

Perfect job for the National Guard, in my somewhat ignorant opinion.
"It's good, though..."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Perfect job for the National Guard, in my somewhat ignorant opinion.

Why travel across the world to find bad guys in the desert when we have a desert border here in the USA?  Nat Guard, regular army, whatever.   A fine place to train on patrols, ambushes, raids, etc.  Light infantry and mech and recon.  Probably not cost effective to patrol with Abrams.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Hawkmoon

• friend

Might be a good role for retiring A-10's    [ar15]

I agree. And put up a few drones armed with Hellfires, too. The drones can stay up a lot longer than manned aircraft.

Something has to be done. Firing military-grade weapons into the U.S. is an act of war, but our fearless leader doesn't have the cajones to call it what it is. We need the Army patrolling the border, and I don't mean the National Guard. There's a lot of armor at one of the posts in Texas -- roll some of it down to the border and be ready to return incoming fire.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
Could Governors Perry or Brewer have the NG or state guard shoot-down a Mexican military 'copter if it was on our side?  I think the resulting political crisis would be refreshing.

(why isn't this a problem in New Mexico?  It's almost like it's being coordinated at some high level)   [tinfoil] 
"It's good, though..."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Could Governors Perry or Brewer have the NG or state guard shoot-down a Mexican military 'copter if it was on our side?  I think the resulting political crisis would be refreshing.

(why isn't this a problem in New Mexico?  It's almost like it's being coordinated at some high level)   [tinfoil] 
Because new mexico is the mississippi of the southwest.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

wmenorr67

• friend
I agree. And put up a few drones armed with Hellfires, too. The drones can stay up a lot longer than manned aircraft.

Something has to be done. Firing military-grade weapons into the U.S. is an act of war, but our fearless leader doesn't have the cajones to call it what it is. We need the Army patrolling the border, and I don't mean the National Guard. There's a lot of armor at one of the posts in Texas -- roll some of it down to the border and be ready to return incoming fire.

The National Guard is the Army and the Air Force.  We are held to and trained to the same standards and do so with a lot less time and money.  Most NG units run circles around Active units when they train together.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Personally, I think returning fire from cartel members with 120mm canister rounds seems perfectly reasonable.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Wonder if the ROEs prohibiting return fire are official or unofficial?

In this case, common sense.  You really want to shoot back blind at crew-served weaponry with a pistol?  That's just giving away your exact position.