Author Topic: Cartels suspected as high-caliber gunfire sends Border Patrol scrambling on Rio  (Read 4678 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Could Governors Perry or Brewer have the NG or state guard shoot-down a Mexican military 'copter if it was on our side?  I think the resulting political crisis would be refreshing.

(why isn't this a problem in New Mexico?  It's almost like it's being coordinated at some high level)   [tinfoil] 

Apparently Rick Perry reads APS:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/07/21/gov-rick-perry-to-mobilize-texas-national-guard-troops-to-secure-u-s-mexico-border
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Apparently Rick Perry reads APS:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/07/21/gov-rick-perry-to-mobilize-texas-national-guard-troops-to-secure-u-s-mexico-border

I just saw that. I'm curious as to how they'll be equipped to respond, or if they'll just be a bunch of unarmed people in uniform?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
I just saw that. I'm curious as to how they'll be equipped to respond, or if they'll just be a bunch of unarmed people in uniform?

Not a good scenario, but maybe having American troops attacked on American soil by a foreign enemy would finally qualify as an act of war to enough people to get something useful done.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Not a good scenario, but maybe having American troops attacked on American soil by a foreign enemy would finally qualify as an act of war to enough people to get something useful done.
I'll belive it when I see it
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
I'll belive it when I see it

Maybe we could get Obama to prove how safe it is by leading the troops himself.

RoadKingLarry

• friends

With Obama I wouldn't be surprised if any NG troop that caught lead weren't prosecuted for it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Maybe we could get Obama to prove how safe it is by leading the troops himself.

Don't make me laugh.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

T.O.M.

• friend
Forget infantry.  Forget drones.  It's much cheaper to put some artillery in the area, and upon receiving fire, call in a fire mission.  Three or four crews and a few shells could dissuade the snipers real quick, and the casualty count north or the border would be minimal.  (I know, it's never going to happen, but it is fun to think about.)
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

wmenorr67

• friend
Saw somewhere there was a proposal for 20K troops on the border.  That is at least a division depending on the configuration.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Forget infantry.  Forget drones.  It's much cheaper to put some artillery in the area, and upon receiving fire, call in a fire mission.  Three or four crews and a few shells could dissuade the snipers real quick, and the casualty count north or the border would be minimal.  (I know, it's never going to happen, but it is fun to think about.)

You need infantry to (at least) flush them out like a bird dog.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

T.O.M.

• friend
You need infantry to (at least) flush them out like a bird dog.

I know.  I was an infantry officer back in the day.  Just like the thought of a cartel team hearing a funny whistling, then fade to black.

(edited for fat-finger spelling error)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:27:31 PM by Chris »
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
I know.  I was an infantry officer back in the day.  Just like the thought of a cartel team hearing a funny whistling, then fade to back.

Plus one to that.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton