Author Topic: Texas deploying 1000 troops to the border  (Read 12242 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Texas deploying 1000 troops to the border
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2014, 06:19:59 PM »
Balog, buddy, if you had even an inkling of what was really happening down here, or the amount of money being sucked out of the economy by the crime washing over the Texas border, you know how rediculiusly cheap paying for an additional 1000 Guard troops is for us.

What, exactly, will they be doing to prevent that? If they actually do anything other reduce the wait time for illegals to get shipped off to the federal day spas then I'll retract my statements.

As for "internet tough guying", meh.  If you're trying to be sarcastic or insulting (which you obviously are), you're out of luck.  I don't make offers I'm not willing to stick with.  But you can forget the "here's how I'll do it" business.  My dime, my time.  You fly the airline I choose,  travel on the dates I specify, stay in the hotel I pick, and meet with the people I select.  You'll also engage in the activities I list to the extent I deem adequate.  Be sure and pack a pair of old jeans and a sturdy pair of gloves.

Brad

:rofl:

Saying "I'll fly you out to TX so you can say that to my face! Oh, but you'll have to stay in a Vietnamese prison camp on the way and I get to sodomize you." is not a legitimate offer. It's pathetic internet tough guy BS. You're really embarrassing yourself.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 06:37:28 PM »

Saying "I'll fly you out to TX so you can say that to my face! Oh, but you'll have to stay in a Vietnamese prison camp on the way and I get to sodomize you." is not a legitimate offer. It's pathetic internet tough guy BS. You're really embarrassing yourself.

Hey, I offered.  If you want to weasel out under the guise of absurdly rampant speculation, that's your choice.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2014, 06:40:33 PM »
 :facepalm:

For cryin' out loud, dude, nobody insulted your precious TX Natl. Guard.  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2014, 06:45:06 PM »
^^I'm up for the offer.
1)I could use a vacation.
2)I'm looking for work anyways.
Can I laugh at the way yoo'all talk?
I'd prefer less hard work though.I can supervise pretty well.
I'll need a place to stay.You still a realtor?Find me a fixer upper above the local record flood stage.
jeff w

I like onions!

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2014, 07:02:16 PM »
Hey, I offered.  If you want to weasel out under the guise of absurdly rampant speculation, that's your choice.

Brad

:rofl:

So this

I triple dog dare any of you instantly jumping on the "political grandstanding" bandwagon to say it to their face.

Brad

morphed into this

Okay. When?  I'll make sure to have my Guard and farm/ranch buddies at the airport to help celebrate your arrival.

Brad

which is obviously supposed to be a veiled threat. When I called you on that you moved the goalposts to this

Balog, buddy, if you had even an inkling of what was really happening down here, or the amount of money being sucked out of the economy by the crime washing over the Texas border, you know how rediculiusly cheap paying for an additional 1000 Guard troops is for us.

As for "internet tough guying", meh.  If you're trying to be sarcastic or insulting (which you obviously are), you're out of luck.  I don't make offers I'm not willing to stick with.  But you can forget the "here's how I'll do it" business.  My dime, my time.  You fly the airline I choose,  travel on the dates I specify, stay in the hotel I pick, and meet with the people I select.  You'll also engage in the activities I list to the extent I deem adequate.  Be sure and pack a pair of old jeans and a sturdy pair of gloves.

Brad

Which, again, is a very weaselly way of setting up conditions that make it impossible to take you up on your obviously bullshit offer. There is no way in hell you would actually front the cash to fly me out there just to as you say in your first post "say that to their faces" so you make veiled threats and set vague conditions. You are completely unserious, and it's only your pathological inability to back down or admit you said something wrong that is propelling you to these absurdities. Your offer is not genuine, it is posturing of the first order and does not reflect well on you.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2014, 07:08:59 PM »
"It's good, though..."

Bigjake

• friend

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2014, 07:19:12 PM »
Both o' y'all are wound a little tight.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2014, 07:29:39 PM »

To keep the Texas theme, as one of my old friends from Texas used to say, "Wound up tighter than an eight day clock up a rooster's ass."  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2014, 07:30:06 PM »

COME SAY THAT TO MY FACE!!! I'LL FLY YOU OUT HERE, BUT IT'LL BE WHEN I TELL YOU, HOW I TELL YOU, YOU'LL WEAR WHAT I TELL, AND YOU'LL TAKE WHAT I WANT TO GIVE YOU WHERE I WANT TO PUT IT!!!!! AND BRING YOUR KNEE PADS!!!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2014, 07:31:08 PM »
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2014/07/18/the-obama-dallas-immigration-visit-the-curious-case-of-obamas-faith-leaders-and-obamas-faith-based-groups/

Looks like this whole immigration mess is bigger than Perry. Perry isn't going get in the way of Obama criminally funneling 100s of millions of taxpayer money to new acornesque organizations.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2014, 07:35:12 PM »
Getting any Guard troops to the border is a good start.

They shouldn't have to do anything with illegals other than turn them over to those who should be sending them back.

I want them there to give pause to the military/para-military types who are flaunting our good will at the border.

Perry may never get my vote but this is a positive step in the right direction.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2014, 08:20:01 PM »

Perry may never get my vote but this is a positive step in the right direction.

I just hope it's followed with more.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2014, 09:35:04 PM »
Geraldo Rivera        ✔ @GeraldoRivera
Follow

Gov Rick Perry's grandiose deployment of Ntl Guard to the border is all show They are war fighters who will be thirsty & ineffective as cops
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2014, 09:58:47 PM »
Having dealt quite a bit with the TX national guard, I can almost assure you they won't help at all.

The TX national guard is the complete polar opposite of the positive experiences I've had with the VA guard. It's why I cancelled my IST and went back into the reserves.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2014, 10:14:46 PM »
We'd be better off with the Coast Guard.  We'll even bring our own ROE.  I've been volunteering for Afcrapistan but this might be as close as I get!  And I can get by in Spanglish.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2014, 10:25:58 PM »
Oh Jesus Christ, everybody go ahead and put your dicks away. Nobody wants to see that *expletive deleted*.

The NG is being used as political pawns. Believe me, I am behind the Guardsmen 100% but only a fool would deny what this actually will mean- that the Guardsmen are being forced to waste time and resources in a futile "deterrence" mission. And what happens if some cartel aholes or Mexican military/police unit opens fire and some of the good guys die? You think they will be able to retaliate? Or if one of the Guardsmen shoots an illegal, then what?

BTW, how long are they going to be kept deployed? The feds aren't paying the tab for this, so where is the funding for this deployment coming from? If they are kept out there for a couple or three weeks and then sent home because of a lack of funds, the situation will be right back to square one. It'll be right back to square one once the NG packs up and leaves, can't keep them deployed forever you know.

Am I saying give up? *expletive deleted* no, I'm saying it requires a different course of action than throwing a bunch of NG members at the problem without giving them ability to really do anything about it.

Having dealt quite a bit with the TX national guard, I can almost assure you they won't help at all.

The TX national guard is the complete polar opposite of the positive experiences I've had with the VA guard. It's why I cancelled my IST and went back into the reserves.

Oh no you din't! ARE YOU PREPARED TO TELL THAT TO THE TEXAS NG MEMBERS TO THEIR FACES!!!!???
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2014, 10:47:16 PM »
Let us not forget that President Bush the younger was in the Texas ANG.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2014, 11:05:07 PM »
I'm broadly okay with militarizing the border, but I question if the Guard will be given the leeway they need to be effectual.

What's actually needed is a goodly amount of chain link fence and a large number of landmines backed by infantry and cameras.

Effective area denial isn't hard or expensive - but that's not what the vast majority of Americans want anyway.  At a time where the feds are busing illegal immigrants further *into* the country to release them, what you have is an open borders country.

That's the program.  Sending in the Guard with no proper ROE is a token gesture to win some votes, nothing more.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2014, 11:05:31 PM »

Of course flying a fighter jet competently, even just to the point of "not dying" > painting rocks white, or policing up cigarette butts.  =D
I promise not to duck.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2014, 11:19:12 PM »
I'm broadly okay with militarizing the border, but I question if the Guard will be given the leeway they need to be effectual.

What's actually needed is a goodly amount of chain link fence and a large number of landmines backed by infantry and cameras.

Effective area denial isn't hard or expensive - but that's not what the vast majority of Americans want anyway.  At a time where the feds are busing illegal immigrants further *into* the country to release them, what you have is an open borders country.

That's the program.  Sending in the Guard with no proper ROE is a token gesture to win some votes, nothing more.

Basically this. And if done right, I'd volunteer.

But they'll be issued weapons and no ammo (if they even GET weapons) and stand around, do water detail for people, and generally waste money and time
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2014, 11:32:39 PM »

Yeah, 'cause nothing is more illustrative of today's Texas Army National Guard than sumdood's service in the Texas Air National Guard 45 years ago.  :lol:

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2014, 11:40:19 PM »
I've heard reports from Texans on other boards that the AG has been on the radio saying that the TNG and TSG will be there solely as an "observe and report" force alongside DHS. Anyone in Texas heard that?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2014, 12:02:26 AM »
I've heard reports from Texans on other boards that the AG has been on the radio saying that the TNG and TSG will be there solely as an "observe and report" force alongside DHS. Anyone in Texas heard that?

Havent heard it, but it makes sense. The guard is NEVER given any authority, any tools, or any mission when used domestically.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2014, 08:40:37 AM »
Havent heard it, but it makes sense. The guard is NEVER given any authority, any tools, or any mission when used domestically.

This. They won't be allowed to be effective. No chance.

You could easily rustle up some combat engineers to start improving border security, an MI unit to operate some drones, bunch of MPs for detaining illegals, some infantry for grunt work and security, JAG ready to go, enough logistics folks to make sure everyone is fed and supplied, etc.

Not. A. Chance.

First off, if I was the Texas NG commanding general, I'd have my entire JAG staff looking up the legalities of returning fire across an international border. Texas doesn't have the authority to do jack one inch beyond their state line. Returning fire, even defensive fire, into Mexican territory will start an excrement storm. The cartels would have to be absolutely dumber than a box of rocks to not take some potshots at the Texas NG, shoot some random illegal, and then have their shills screaming about the Texas NG murdering poor innocent migrants. Much as I berate our modern officer corps as a bunch of political hacks that weed out competent officers, even THEY can see the thorns on this situation.

Second off, I sincerely doubt Gov Perry has the stones to actually deal with the problem. Pandering to his base? Absolutely. Which means lots of faces and camera time at the border looking very serious. If the Texas NG on a state mission essentially starts a war with Mexico, it could have extremely serious consequences. Any serious actions at border security run this risk. Mexico is not exactly polite and welcoming of non-Mexican illegal immigrants. Care to imagine if we DID clamp down on the border, and you ended up with tens of thousands of illegals sitting right at the border? Mexico is already in the middle of a medium scale civil war.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.