Author Topic: Texas deploying 1000 troops to the border  (Read 12241 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: Texas deploying 1000 troops to the border
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2014, 09:05:03 AM »
Mexico is not exactly polite and welcoming of non-Mexican illegal immigrants. Care to imagine if we DID clamp down on the border, and you ended up with tens of thousands of illegals sitting right at the border? Mexico is already in the middle of a medium scale civil war.

Mexico certainly seems to welcome them in just fine at their southern border. Close our border and make Mexico's problem into Mexico's problem.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2014, 09:09:08 AM »

Second off, I sincerely doubt Gov Perry has the stones to actually deal with the problem. Pandering to his base? Absolutely. Which means lots of faces and camera time at the border looking very serious. If the Texas NG on a state mission essentially starts a war with Mexico, it could have extremely serious consequences. Any serious actions at border security run this risk. Mexico is not exactly polite and welcoming of non-Mexican illegal immigrants. Care to imagine if we DID clamp down on the border, and you ended up with tens of thousands of illegals sitting right at the border? Mexico is already in the middle of a medium scale civil war.

This.  No gov wants to start a war unilaterally.  (even Texas govs don't do that). This will be TV face time and soldiers, but no real teeth.

About the most effective thing Perry could do is order the NG to set up minefields and wire about 100yds this side of the border.  Order the troops no to return fire while setting up the obstacles.  Then set up with troops and cameras on ourside and snipe anyone that crosses the border with a weapon.  let the "imigrants" sit in the desert between the border and the obstacles.

Anyone here think most Americans are ready to watch people starve in the desert on CNN?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2014, 09:21:17 AM »
Regardless, if the cartels and Mexican government want to see Joe Sixpack get engaged in the subject of border security I can't think of a better way for that to happen than for them to fire upon a very public presence of US Military on the border. Both of those parties know that and will make sure they rein in their guys.

The press can bury the occasional spat involving border patrol agents. Ignoring US Military personal being fired upon at our own border will nigh be impossible.

I suspect that where there is National Guard troops there will be no gunfire. If i am wrong the next public discussion becomes rules of engagement and that probably won't go the way Mexico and the cartels would prefer.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2014, 11:00:02 AM »
Regardless, if the cartels and Mexican government want to see Joe Sixpack get engaged in the subject of border security I can't think of a better way for that to happen than for them to fire upon a very public presence of US Military on the border. Both of those parties know that and will make sure they rein in their guys.

The press can bury the occasional spat involving border patrol agents. Ignoring US Military personal being fired upon at our own border will nigh be impossible.

I suspect that where there is National Guard troops there will be no gunfire. If i am wrong the next public discussion becomes rules of engagement and that probably won't go the way Mexico and the cartels would prefer.

If there is any firing on our troops, it will only lead to orders to back down from higher levels.
Remember, this is the administration that sold weapons directly to the cartels in order to undermine our citizen's rights. Obama will not allow Texas to hamper the cartels' free reign over the border nor will he allow the slowdown or stoppage of illegals crossing the border.

Barack Obama

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2014, 11:12:52 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/14/night-time-on-border-endless-wave-illegal-immigrants-floods-rio-grande-valley/

Bloody hell. 30k per month in the Rio Grande Valley Sector alone? And they're essentially being resettled throughout the US?

Seriously, this will get ugly.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

brimic

• friends

Barack Obama

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2014, 11:47:56 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/14/night-time-on-border-endless-wave-illegal-immigrants-floods-rio-grande-valley/

Bloody hell. 30k per month in the Rio Grande Valley Sector alone? And they're essentially being resettled throughout the US?

Seriously, this will get ugly.

It's like reverse Russification. Instead of a conquering army displacing the native population, the fed.gov is bringing in an invasion to displace their own native population.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2014, 11:56:40 AM »
It's the Chinese into Tibet.
jeff w

I like onions!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2014, 06:09:12 PM »
The NG has been deployed to the border before.  Didn't do any good then because it wasn't supposed to.  Won't do any good now because it isn't supposed to this time, either.
Not worth debating.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2014, 09:08:40 PM »
<smirk> And the Channel 2 Denver lead news tonight is some owner of some local sports team is "stepping down."

They've been yakking about that for 9 minutes so far and they're still at it.  Turned the sound off right after they started, but they've still got images of some kind of sports field and other people.

7:10 PM: Some guy is holding up some kind of shiny trophy.

7:13 PM: They broke away to a commercial.  I guess that's that, and they'll talk about lesser news items now.

Ooops, I was wrong.  They're back at it at 7:17 PM.

I'm turning the TV off.

Say, what were all those horse's heads they were showing through all that?

Terry
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:18:04 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2014, 10:18:30 PM »
I still have no idea what CBP is planning to do with the flood of minor illegals. I'm not sure if they're legally allowed to just dump them at the border.

They claim they aren't allowed to do that. I don't believe them, I think it's more of the Obama administration's creative extrapolations from the law. If it is true that they can't deport them without a hearing, then get on the stick and hold hearings. Meanwhile, house the kids in old prisons, with adequate but minimal rations and no perks. After all, they ARE criminals. They are not entitled to luxury housing, they are not entitled to free clothing, they are not entitled to education, they are not entitled to cell phones or computer games, they are not entitled to surrogate families. What they ARE entitled to is a one-way ticket back to wherever they came from.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2014, 10:12:48 AM »
They claim they aren't allowed to do that. I don't believe them, I think it's more of the Obama administration's creative extrapolations from the law. If it is true that they can't deport them without a hearing, then get on the stick and hold hearings.

Yup.  Pick any handful of the crap traffic offenses, (expired registration, etc.) and pardon all of them that are pending.  Boy, that just freed up some courts' time to handle a more pressing issue.  Line them up, march them through, and load them on a boat.  Surely something large and uncomfortable needs a shakedown cruise along Central and South America after refits.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2014, 02:19:19 PM »
Time to build a fricken fence already. SHeesh. ;/

Barack Obama

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2014, 05:52:31 PM »
When I heard Perry was sending NG to the border I thought, "Well some just lifted a finger.  Not really sure what good it will do".  Then I heard that Perry just made an announcement and that it would take 30 to 45 days before boots made it to the ground.  Pathetic.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2014, 06:18:37 PM »
  Pathetic.

Procedure, actually.  Orders have to be cut, people contacted, logistics emplaced, materiel  and supplies transported... none of which happens overnight.

Brad
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 06:25:32 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2014, 06:27:03 PM »
Procedure, actually.

Brad

If the situation were truly viewed as serious they could be down there in less than a quarter of the time I bet, maybe even faster.

Too bad, I actually thought something positive was happening. Just more theater and posturing.  :mad:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2014, 06:30:03 PM »
Never dealt with event planning or logistics, I take it.

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2014, 06:37:53 PM »
Never dealt with event planning or logistics, I take it.

Brad

So there aren't plans on mobilizing troops to the border already sitting in a file someplace ready to be implemented?

That timescale would have been appropriate back when the administration was first warned about the coming flood of illegals.

This should have been used as a good excuse to practice rapid deployment to potential hot spots on our border. Surely there is a plan on how to do that isn't there?  

Beginning to look like inconsequential theater designed to pull one over on the low information anti illegal immigrant crowd.

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2014, 06:44:51 PM »
It's painfully obvious you aren't familiar with the sheer magnitude of military mobilization logistics.  And these are Guard troops, not standing army.  30-45 days is actually pretty damned impressive for a force that size.  If they'd said 90 days I would not have been surprised.

Brad
-HankB

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2014, 06:57:35 PM »
It's painfully obvious you aren't familiar with the sheer magnitude of military mobilization logistics.  And these are Guard troops, not standing army.  30-45 days is actually pretty damned impressive for a force that size.  If they'd said 90 days I would not have been surprised.

Brad

Well I hope you are correct and that they actually have an impact when they finally get there.

I'm less optimistic than I initially was when the news first came out.

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2014, 07:10:36 PM »
Well I hope ... that they actually have an impact when they finally get there.

Me too, brother. Me too.

Brad
-HankB

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2014, 07:12:39 PM »
I will give Perry benefit of the doubt that contingency plans are in a 3 ring binder.  I will also grant the actual implementation will take time reaching into multiple weeks.  Furthermore I will assume Perry and his team war gamed the federales' counter move and that accounts for letting the problem go for a couple of months before taking "action".  Assuming the foregoing is true simply keeping his mouth shut until action becomes visible seems to be advisable.  Then again, I am more concerned with results and not playing media games.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2014, 11:46:20 PM »

Brad

So how come the NG can be on-scene right away in the case of natural disasters and the like?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2014, 12:19:45 AM »
So how come the NG can be on-scene right away in the case of natural disasters and the like?

Yeah, this...

Unless TX is abnormally bad at mobilizing forces for State Missions, 30-45 days is unacceptable. We had a brigade out to areas all over VA during the nasty storm and power outage aftermath. Vehicles, supplies, helicopters, the works. In less than 2 days.

I'm calling BS on it taking that long to get them there.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

brimic

• friends
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2014, 12:29:59 AM »

Brad
Bullshit.
How long did it take for tens of thousands of people from several different third world countries to coalesce into an invasion force? Or are you simply trying to make the point the the texas national guard is wildly ineffective at stopping foreign invasions?

Barack Obama