Author Topic: The mysterious disappearance of Abigail Hernandez  (Read 9117 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
The mysterious disappearance of Abigail Hernandez
« on: July 27, 2014, 02:34:53 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2707570/Schoolgirl-Abigail-Hendandez-15-reappeared-week-vanishing-nine-months-ago-lost-lot-weight-deteriorated-health-say-family.html

I wonder what the story is with this.  My first thought was to wonder if she was pregnant and either her family or the boyfriend's family shipped her out of town to have the baby. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: The mysterious disappearance of Abigail Hernandez
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 04:14:30 PM »
or she shipped herself out of town.

Weird, but as much as I understand the communities frustration and that of the boyfriends father, it's really none of their goddamn business. The girls privacy comes before their need to know anything.
Considering how closed mouthed the police are, I have a feeling that whatever happened is something she really would rather not have broadcast on the 6 o'clock news.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 06:01:01 PM »
My guess is that she was pregnant and went away to have the child.

She's safe. Beyond that, it's a family matter (unless she tells the police that she was abducted).
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 06:07:38 PM »
Well so far what she has told the police has convinced them there's a crime. (According to article)

I tend to believe them when they say she's not really sure what happened.  There's lots of nasty mental games that an adult can do to a child. And drugs.

I'm glad that she's home and hope that she gets whatever help she's going to need to keep this from destroying her life.  And whatever they did or did not do, I hope they find whatever adults was helping her, and bring them to their just deserts.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 07:40:01 PM »
My guess is that she was pregnant and went away to have the child.

She's safe. Beyond that, it's a family matter (unless she tells the police that she was abducted).

Even if there is police involvement because a crime was committed, it's still not anyone else's business. She's a minor and possibly a victim, she has rights to a certain degree of privacy and discretion.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 08:03:44 PM »
Hopefully she turns out to be an international teenage madam.

I bet she's spent the last seven or nine months(the article says both) circling the globe recruiting prostitutes from the Third World.I bet there are containers en route from India,Colombia,China,and Ethiopia AS WE SPEAK,full of innocent hookers who are about to decend on New Hamshire like a plague.I believe the cops are stayin quiet because they are complicit with the deal.

C'mon.It'd be a lot more interesting than a teenager that went to live with an aunt for nine months to have a kid out of wedlock.

>:D
jeff w

I like onions!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 09:12:11 PM »
Well so far what she has told the police has convinced them there's a crime. (According to article)

It's possible. But it wouldn't be the first time someone has claimed they were abducted in order to cover up something else. How about the stripper who claimed she was raped by the Duke lacrosse team?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 12:59:25 AM »
It's possible. But it wouldn't be the first time someone has claimed they were abducted in order to cover up something else. How about the stripper who claimed she was raped by the Duke lacrosse team?

Racist!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 02:18:08 PM »

I bet she's spent the last seven or nine months(the article says both) circling the globe recruiting prostitutes from the Third World.I bet there are containers en route from India,Colombia,China,and Ethiopia AS WE SPEAK,full of innocent hookers who are about to decend on New Hamshire like a plague.I believe the cops are stayin quiet because they are complicit with the deal.

C'mon.It'd be a lot more interesting than a teenager that went to live with an aunt for nine months to have a kid out of wedlock.

:mad:

There's a good chance a 14 year old child was abducted and held captive for 9 months, and your response is to make jokes and call her a whore? What the hell is wrong with you?

People who kidnap children don't generally do it for nice reasons. A teen girl gets taken and I'd say the odds she was raped repeatedly over her captivity are pretty high. You should be ashamed of yourself. 
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 02:28:41 PM »
:mad:

There's a good chance a 14 year old child was abducted and held captive for 9 months, and your response is to make jokes and call her a whore? What the hell is wrong with you?

People who kidnap children don't generally do it for nice reasons. A teen girl gets taken and I'd say the odds she was raped repeatedly over her captivity are pretty high. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

Not at all.You know absolutely nothing about what happened.Same as me.Until there's something to indicate otherwise,your suggestions that she was kidnapped and raped are just,I don't know,your own perverse ideas?
It's entirely possible that she dis-appeared for any number of reasons that don't include any criminal mischief.

In the absence of proof,speculation is all you can do.You choose to wring your hands and make stuff up.I choose to be flippant and make stuff up.

Don't get it?Shame on YOU.
jeff w

I like onions!

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 03:17:25 PM »
Not at all.You know absolutely nothing about what happened.Same as me.Until there's something to indicate otherwise,your suggestions that she was kidnapped and raped are just,I don't know,your own perverse ideas?
It's entirely possible that she dis-appeared for any number of reasons that don't include any criminal mischief.

In the absence of proof,speculation is all you can do.You choose to wring your hands and make stuff up.I choose to be flippant and make stuff up.

Don't get it?Shame on YOU.

That is factually incorrect. We have an idea of what happened (she was taken and hid for an extended period of time by an adult, she does not clearly remember it, she is suffering physically, a crime has been committed), you are just choosing to ignore it, call the girl a liar, and then joke about how you hope she's a whore. Pathetic, especially for someone who's always going on about his old fashioned upbringing. Was calling kidnapped children liars and whores part of that?

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 03:46:59 PM »
That is factually incorrect. We have an idea of what happened (she was taken and hid for an extended period of time by an adult, she does not clearly remember it, she is suffering physically, a crime has been committed), you are just choosing to ignore it, call the girl a liar, and then joke about how you hope she's a whore. Pathetic, especially for someone who's always going on about his old fashioned upbringing. Was calling kidnapped children liars and whores part of that?

Taken for an extended time by an adult?Really?That's a crime now?
You've interviewed her?YOU know what she remembers?
She's in deteriorated health and has lost a lot of weight?Maybe she's scared?Lost a lot of weight?Maybe she just gave birth out of wedlock,as has been theorized already.
Ignore what?There is no proof.
My upbring included the stories of children,who were embarrassing to their families,that were sent away for months to years to deliver a child,re-cuperate,and put it up fpr adoption.
 Your outrage is predictable.The fact that you are so quick to judge based on a dearth of information means,to me,that it'll be fun in the future to manipulate you.
You have a nice day.
jeff w

I like onions!

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 04:42:45 PM »
Taken for an extended time by an adult?Really?That's a crime now?
You've interviewed her?YOU know what she remembers?
She's in deteriorated health and has lost a lot of weight?Maybe she's scared?Lost a lot of weight?Maybe she just gave birth out of wedlock,as has been theorized already.
Ignore what?There is no proof.
My upbring included the stories of children,who were embarrassing to their families,that were sent away for months to years to deliver a child,re-cuperate,and put it up fpr adoption.
 Your outrage is predictable.The fact that you are so quick to judge based on a dearth of information means,to me,that it'll be fun in the future to manipulate you.
You have a nice day.

We do not have a dearth of information. You are merely choosing to ignore it and call this girl a liar. I eagerly await your attempted manipulations, hopefully they're somewhat more subtle than calling a kidnapped child a liar and a whore.

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 05:06:44 PM »
We do not have a dearth of information. You are merely choosing to ignore it and call this girl a liar. I eagerly await your attempted manipulations, hopefully they're somewhat more subtle than calling a kidnapped child a liar and a whore.

If you read the artice you'll see that they don't have information.
If there's nothing to ignore how can I ignore it?
The girl isn't saying anything.How can I call her a liar if she's not said ...anything?

Were you involved Balog?That you know,beyond a doubt,that she was kidnapped?Because you'd apparently be the only one.
I'm done saying it.Your speculations are just that speculations.I can(and have!)made them too.

BTW,if you want to keep up with this affected outrage why not PM me.Instead of crapping in someone elses thread? :-*

jeff w

I like onions!

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 05:44:20 PM »
So, the girl is a liar (because she says she does not know what happened to her) and I'm a liar as well (because my "outrage" is an "affectation")? Goodness, in between calling children whores you also have quite a business in mind reading.

I have no interest in PMing you. My only interest in speaking with you is pointing out how abhorrent your remarks are publicly.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 06:17:25 PM »

too creative.

but what annoys me about the story is the people saying that there was just no way she could have left on her own and not been found. I call BS. There are any number of places a kid could disappear them self too and nobody's going to find them until they are willing to be found.
Especially since they indicate that daddy has money. Who knows how much she could have had stashed in cash and probably more then enough to get out of state long before people even started looking for her.
It's a fourteen year old girl. There are plenty of reasons for a fourteen year old to think it's a bright idea to cut out of town. Weight lose could be anything from growth spurts to depression/anxiety to eating disorder.

For such a long article, it really tells a whole lot of nothing, and the actual truth could be a lot of different things.

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 08:42:51 PM »
And now she's spoken and they've made an arrest.No details yet.

Still nothing to indicate what's actually happened.
jeff w

I like onions!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 08:53:23 PM »
That is factually incorrect. We have an idea of what happened (she was taken and hid for an extended period of time by an adult, she does not clearly remember it, she is suffering physically, a crime has been committed),

Actually, we don't really have much of an idea what happened. What we have is second- or third-hand reports of what she says happened. If she's making up a cover story, it's a lot easier to say "I don't remember, exactly" than it is to fabricate exquisite details and then try to remember them later.

Yes, she may have been abducted and raped. She also might have gone away for nine months to have a baby and give it up for adoption. We don't know.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 11:53:16 PM »
Actually, we don't really have much of an idea what happened. What we have is second- or third-hand reports of what she says happened. If she's making up a cover story, it's a lot easier to say "I don't remember, exactly" than it is to fabricate exquisite details and then try to remember them later.

Yes, she may have been abducted and raped. She also might have gone away for nine months to have a baby and give it up for adoption. We don't know.

It truly bothers me how many folks on here jump past the "the young girl is telling the truth and was abducted" and to right to the "obviously the young girl is just a lying little whore" theory.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 04:37:18 AM »
Yea.  No one here has done that. Re-pack your outrage.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 06:40:23 AM »
Police in NH have arrested a suspect.

That probably means my theory of alien abduction is going to be ignored, regardless of the evidence.

Some of the verbiage the press is quoting the police as using to describe the circumstances of the event are both troubling and puzzeling.  For instance: "Police allege Kibby knowingly confined Abigail "Abby" Hernandez, then 14, on Oct. 9, sometime after she left Conway High School for her home."  And: "Attorney General Joseph Foster said when the girl disappeared she apparently had no way to get about or secure food, shelter or other necessities on her own."

We all know that the cops and prosecutors love to use both the passive voice and convoluted technical cop-talk instead of plain English, but these two are just so far beyond the usual that my spidey-sense has the hairs on the hairs on the back of my head standing at attention.  (And yes, that is hyperbole, not a typo.)

All of which falls neatly into my theory of alien abduction and the .gov's massive attempts to shift the public's attention in any other direction.

stay safe.

PS - you can decide for yourself how much sarcasm is in the above.  I'm never gonna tell.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 06:52:17 AM »
Has the left blamed Bush yet?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 06:57:00 AM »
It truly bothers me how many folks on here jump past the "the young girl is telling the truth and was abducted" and to right to the "obviously the young girl is just a lying little whore" theory.

oh, I just did it because I saw how much it got your panties bunched. :angel:

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2014, 11:10:37 AM »

You assume the two are mutually exclusive.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 11:27:53 AM »
Yea.  No one here has done that. Re-pack your outrage.

Let's see what the facts were at the time of this "joke".

The parents and the whole community said she was missing.

For nine months no one had been able to find her. They find her and say she is in poor health. The police are interviewing her and not saying much.

So, we jump from "the parents just shipped her off and hushed it up!" (despite the whole making false statements to the police that would be necessary for that) to jokes about her being an international prostitute.

Today, we have this:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/mom-teens-month-absence-pregnant-24737789

Oh, hey. The police are saying she was kidnapped and held hostage for 9 months. My guess is spent a significant time drugged, which would explain the confusion. Gee, I bet it was REALLY FUNNY all the things the kidnapper was doing to her:

In an interview earlier on NBC's "Today," Abby's mother, Zenya Hernandez, said that when her daughter returned home, she was thin and pale and had "a look in her eyes I've never, ever seen before. And that's something that's haunting me, and I think will haunt me for the rest of my life."

Speculation is one thing, but to start making light of a young girl's abduction and torture just because the police hadn't arrested anyone ONE DAY after she was found is ghoulish and OUGHT to be shamed.

That there is no longer any sympathy or shame in our culture is not the least bit surprising, though.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought