Author Topic: Say hello to my little friend  (Read 2643 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Say hello to my little friend
« on: July 31, 2014, 01:17:16 PM »
Miami cop fired after testing positive for cocaine on random drug screen. Files a suit alleging that he unknowingly got it into his system by way of a homemade penis cream he was given by a friend. Arbitrator gives him his job and back pay.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/07/31/4264753/fired-miami-beach-cop-gets-job.html
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 01:53:52 PM by Balog »
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Say hello to my little friend
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 01:53:12 PM »
Cocaine is used as a topical anesthetic.  Topical anesthetics are often used as over-the-counter creams or ointments to treat premature ejaculation.  The anesthetic dulls sensation thereby prolonging erection before ejaculation.  The cocaine would be absorbed into the skin such that it could register on a drug screen, depending on the timing of the screen versus the application of the cream or ointment. 

So although there may well be simpler explanations for the positive drug screen, the penis cream scenario is not out of the realm of possibility.  I would be pretty skeptical though, absent objective evidence, such as a sample of the cream and the timing.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 01:55:20 PM »
I'm more concerned about the judgement displayed by a freaking homicide detective whose reaction to being handed a tub of mystery cream and told to rub it on his junk is to say "sounds legit" and go to town.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 02:26:46 PM »
I'm more concerned about the judgement displayed by a freaking homicide detective whose reaction to being handed a tub of mystery cream and told to rub it on his junk is to say "sounds legit" and go to town.

Do guys in miami share penis creams? Is that a thing now?

Also, when did it become legal to use someone else's prescription drugs? Ex- if my wife told me to 'take this pill for your migraine' and gave me a bunch of them to keep in my car, and they turned out to be hydrocodone, would the excuse "I didn't know they contained narcotics" hold up in court after they are found during a search?

I didn't think so....
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 02:31:49 PM by brimic »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 02:36:46 PM »

Also, when did it become legal to use someone else's prescription drugs? Ex- if my wife told me to 'take this pill for your migraine' and gave me a bunch of them to keep in my car, and they turned out to be hydrocodone, would the excuse "I didn't know they contained narcotics" hold up in court after they are found during a search?

I didn't think so....

Since it was homemade I don't think the issue of taking another person's prescription meds would be a problem.

Just the issue of rubbing random mystery cream on your junk.

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 02:57:45 PM »

I didn't think so....
If they were her prescription why wouldn't it?
If they weren't,well,you've other problems.

Millcreek mentioned OTC creams.The OPs'link was to some homebrew.
jeff w

I like onions!

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 04:01:22 PM »
Well, while plausible, it isn't very likely.

While on active duty I was on a court martial board for a guy that popped positive for cocaine on a random piss test.

His defense was similiar, he claimed his GF used it on her nether regions and he must of ingested it during the act of cunnilingus.

He had his lawyer, a real one, not a sea lawyer, but he should have gone with the sea lawyer who thought up this defense.... but I digress.

The Navy.mil had chemists and other speakers of technical jargon, talking things like gas spectrometer, cut-off limits, absorbation rates, etc.

In the end, the "coke-snatcher" as we lovingly called him was awarded a big chicken dinner (BCD) a few days of hard time and forfeiture of all pay and allowances.

The moral to this was two fold, don't ask for an enlisted court martial board because you think you will get off easier, and sometimes it is best to make sure the plate is clean before licking it.  ;)

bob

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 04:02:24 PM »
Millcreek mentioned OTC creams.The OPs'link was to some homebrew.

Just to emphasize, there are no OTC penile desensitizing creams or ointments containing cocaine.  The local anesthetic used in the OTC meds is usually benzocaine.  Anything containing cocaine for that purpose would be homemade or manufactured and distributed in a place not under US jurisdiction.  I remember all the conniptions on using cocaine for ENT surgery by the hospital pharmacy.  

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 04:27:23 PM »
So if I wanted to feel all tingly I could rub Ambesol on my unit?

Hmm...Nope,not gonna try it. :lol:
jeff w

I like onions!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 11:38:18 PM »
So if I wanted to feel all tingly I could rub Ambesol on my unit?

Hmm...Nope,not gonna try it. :lol:

Ambesol = no feeling at all.  Absorbine, on the other hand...

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 12:35:41 AM »
Just to emphasize, there are no OTC penile desensitizing creams or ointments containing cocaine.  The local anesthetic used in the OTC meds is usually benzocaine.  Anything containing cocaine for that purpose would be homemade or manufactured and distributed in a place not under US jurisdiction.  I remember all the conniptions on using cocaine for ENT surgery by the hospital pharmacy.  
My son was prescribed sone numbing cream for some staples out in his head when he had a big mole removed.  Wasn
N't cocaine based, was EMLA or something like that. Just applying the stuff made my fingers not numb, but feel like they weren't even there. Not sure why anyone would want to put that on the ol weiner either. 
I think that was the sane styff they put on my back as well fir remiving a cyst, before giving anesthetic shots. Was a weird feeling, I coukd feel pressure but no pain when the injections were given.

Barack Obama

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 12:46:10 AM »
EMLA is a mixture of lidocaine and prilocaine, we used to use it on little boys before their circumcision, among other uses. I was never a fan of the stuff, it takes too long to work and I believe it is very superficial.

I used to make LAT at a clinic I worked at, lidocaine, adrenaline and tetracaine, mainly used as a topical numbing agent on kids heads, etc prior to numbing with a needle.

The other stuff we mixed was TAC, tetracaine, adrenaline and cocaine. It was used like LAT but we could also use it for bloody noses that needed packing. Between the adrenaline and cocaine it would usually stop pretty quick.

The doc would give me the keys to his car and send me to the hospital pharmacy where I would pick up cocaine by the gram to mix up the TAC with.

bob

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 12:43:47 AM »

People do stupid *expletive deleted*it for sex.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 07:35:25 PM »
My son was prescribed sone numbing cream for some staples out in his head when he had a big mole removed.  Wasn
N't
cocaine based, was EMLA or something like that. Just applying the stuff made my fingers not numb, but feel like they weren't even there. Not sure why anyone would want to put that on the ol weiner either. 
I think that was the sane styff they put on my back as well fir remiving a cyst, before giving anesthetic shots. Was a weird feeling, I coukd feel pressure but no pain when the injections were given.

That would explain your typing.  =D
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 09:48:16 AM »
That would explain your typing.  =D

That, and typing on a silly tablet. :laugh:

Barack Obama

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 04:04:27 PM »
Spent some time looking for my "that breaks down into this" drug testing info but could not locate it.

Anybody know the metabolite(s) that the random drug screens are picking up on?  All this -caine being suggested as possibilities probably breaks down into the same stuff random drug screens are actually picking up on.

And unless his random test was confirmed by a test that actually showed cocaine (as opposed to a metabolite that any of the various non-Schedule IV/III drugs also produce) I would tend to agree with the arbitrator's decision - probably based on a policy violation of not running a confirmation test.

Now - supposing his buddy homebrewed a cream with any other -caine.  AFAIK you need a scrip for any of them.  They even took lidocaine and benzocaine out of OTC sunburn stuff. =(  If so, both guys are in violation of that no-sharing-presciption-meds law.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 06:09:56 PM »

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2014, 12:18:18 AM »
As far as I could find, cocaine - and specifically its metabolites - are not mimicked by any other otc or prescription drugs in screening tests.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2014, 02:03:10 AM »

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 11:30:03 AM »
Not when they have sweet, sweet encocainized liniments for the job, apparently.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 11:35:49 AM »
I want to see a guy get arrested with coke in Fl and use the "I was just gonna rub it on my junk!" defense.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 11:41:46 AM »
So, things really do go better with coke  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2014, 05:48:40 PM »
Was it Kelly Grayson (the other Ambulance Driver) or Law Dog that wrote about the guy who rubbed his relative's nitroglycerine cream on his junk?

I've had someone accidently rub a transdermal nitro patch that was high up on my arm under the shirt sleeve.  I'll match that headache against anybody's migraine any day.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.