Author Topic: Do you have a "closed" curiosity?  (Read 1034 times)

USP45usp

• friend
Do you have a "closed" curiosity?
« on: September 29, 2006, 08:40:07 AM »
I can't help but go back to TFL and THR just to read the closed threads.  I can't post over there due to...errr... reasons but I'm finding myself going over there once or twice a week just to read the closed threads.

Anyone else do that or is it just me?

I don't mean to start anything, just something that I've found myself doing.  If this thread is not acceptable I will understand if it's pulled/closed.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 09:37:55 AM »
Me too, cause usually they're more interesting than most of the others, especially after you've been reading there a while. Wink
Avoid cliches like the plague!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 09:39:59 AM »
Sometimes it's obvious why a thread is closed (personal insults, suggested assassination of a public figure, etc.) but other times, I'm left scratching my head, especially when a thread that looks "on topic" to me is closed for being "off topic" in the eyes of a moderator.

I just let it go, since it's not *my* forum in the sense that I don't own it . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Lee

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 03:45:19 PM »
Sure...cheap thrills lol.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 03:56:51 PM »
Hey, it's better than slowing to 25mph on the freeway to look at the accident in the opposite lanes.  Smiley
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 04:04:06 AM »
I find that the closed threads are a good way to sense Art's moods.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 04:50:29 AM »
rubbernecking on ye olde information superhighway
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 05:06:52 AM »
Sometimes the reasons for closing a thread seem obvious, other times they are baffling.

Some of the most interesting threads get closed.

But, it is someone else's forum and they can be as arbitrary as they want to be. I am not all that offended by a little arbitrary behavior. It is part of being human.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 01:09:23 PM »
Yeah, I do it all the time. Apparently there was a big blow up there a couple weeks ago with a troll or two. Wait, maybe that was here. Missed out on that, wherever it was.

Anyway, I like to see trolls get a sound trouncing.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot