Author Topic: Oliver Stone - the latest Hollywood Expert/Idiot  (Read 687 times)

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
Oliver Stone - the latest Hollywood Expert/Idiot
« on: September 29, 2006, 11:00:00 AM »
Oliver Stone Says He is Ashamed for My Country

In typical Dixie Chicks fashion, Oliver stone spoke to the press while in Spain promoting his World Trade Center movie. The full text can be read at the link above, but here are some choice comments he made:

"If there had been a better sense of preparation, if we had a leadership that was more mature," he said. "We did not fight back in the same way that the British fought the IRA or the Spanish government fought the Basques here. Terrorism is a manageable action. It can be lived with,"

Manageable action? How many years of terrorist attacks did the British have with the IRA? He considers years of random attacks in major cities manageable? angry

"You can't see that the United States is responsible for all the evil in the world because you can see so many dictators and so many bestial acts all over the world now. .... There is something in the human heart, the international human heart, that is evil," said Stone.

"That's the evil that turns its mind and ears on humanity and is able to say `I can kill a person in the name of God or religion.' This is not a human being, this a fanatic. And I fear that fanaticism is the result of our overreaction to 9/11," said Stone.

Again we're back to this same old it's our fault mantra. Somebody please tell this clown that he's welcome to stay in freakin' Spain. I won't be wasting any money on his movies. angry angry

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 11:20:36 AM »
Well, it is your fault, gar.  We voted and elected you to be scapegoat.Cheesy
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 09:17:09 PM »
Someone should remind him of the tactics used in Europe to fight dissidents... particularly in the Old Empire, where there is no written constitution, there are no enumerated rights, and all that keeps citizens from being ground under the heels of the Crown's lapdogs is the meme that modern Britain is reformed -- a nicer, gentler, psuedo-republic of a monarchy.

Stone has no desire to be careful when wishing for those things, of course, because such rights violations would provide him even more fodder for uninformed attacks against his own government which, worthless as it may be, is the least worthless of a sorry lot.

Why do news agencies insist on preserving pronouns and such inside quotes just to extend the quotes?  What's wrong with, "Oliver Stone Says He is 'Ashamed' of His Country?"
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 12:28:14 AM »
Hell, I've known he was an idiot ever since his contrived plot of a JFK murder movie. And pretty much every clown that participated in that POS travesty is an idiot too.
Avoid cliches like the plague!