Author Topic: James Brady, White House press secretary under Reagan, dies  (Read 7374 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: James Brady, White House press secretary under Reagan, dies
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2014, 01:55:08 AM »
I havent read the whole thread.... but when you tell people that comparing two presidents is SACRILEGE, you're most assuredly putting him on a pedestal.

As for supporting terrorists, lets not forget that our actions (a lot of which occurred during reagan's administration) were DIRECTLY responsible for solidifying the control of a-stan by islamic extremists.

I highly recommend "Ghost Wars" and similar books for a glimpse at the insanity of what we did there during the soviet occupation
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 01:59:15 AM by Fitz »
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2014, 02:07:36 AM »
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Until they fly jets into my skyscrapers and use the guns I sold them to kill my troops. Then I guess they're an enemy again.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2014, 03:59:09 PM »
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Until they fly jets into my skyscrapers and use the guns I sold them to kill my troops. Then I guess they're an enemy again.

Well at least we're consistent, what with helping the Syrian "rebels" who are ISIS
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2014, 04:08:39 PM »
Well at least we're consistent, what with helping the Syrian "rebels" who are ISIS

I'm not sure which was the worse punishment, the bombings or sending John McCain to visit.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2014, 05:37:06 PM »
TV Nooze just announced that They (who exactly They are was not clear) are now looking into murder charges against Hinkley.

[popcorn]

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2014, 06:58:13 PM »
Anything to pump up the gun violence stats.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2014, 07:01:26 PM »
TV Nooze just announced that They (who exactly They are was not clear) are now looking into murder charges against Hinkley.

Brady's death has been ruled a homicide:  http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/08/politics/brady-death-homicide/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Whether the prosecutor will file charges against Hinckley remains to be seen.  Personally, I think it's a long shot (no pun intended).
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2014, 08:47:28 PM »
If they do charge him with homicide, does anybody really expect a verdict other than NGBRI?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2014, 08:48:32 PM »
His "documented improvement" will work against him there. He's sane enough to leave alone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2014, 10:56:00 PM »
His "documented improvement" will work against him there. He's sane enough to leave alone

Theoretically (I know, I know) his current status can only help him avoid being sent back to St. E's 24/7.  If/when they try him they will have to deal with his mental state on that day, not how he is now.  NGBRI again.

stay safe.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2014, 10:43:05 AM »
Gov't had their chance and the lovely residents of DC screwed the pooch.

This is asinine.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2014, 11:14:18 AM »
Was Reagan's death ruled a homicide? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2014, 11:19:10 AM »
How is this a murder?  He survived the attack, and lived to old age.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2014, 11:20:25 AM »
Was Reagan's death ruled a homicide?  
No.
If they do charge him with homicide, does anybody really expect a verdict other than NGBRI?

stay safe.
As I understand it they will have to consider his mental state at the time of the crime.  He may (or may not ... ) be perfectly sane now but that doesn't matter.  And three decades ago he was NGBRI, as you say.
It's already been adjudicated.  
I think any reasonable DA would decline prosecution because they know what the result would be, and no useful end is served by prosecution at this point.  Just my 2 cents....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2014, 04:29:08 PM »
From the comments at TTAG: thetruthaboutguns.com/.../brady-campaign-founders-death-ruled-homicide/#comments

Quote from: Charles Lee
August 8, 2014 at 19:16

OK, first time posting, but since I have some expertise in this matter, figured I’d chime in. I’m a retired forensic pathologist who did my fellowship in New Mexico. A medicolegal death investigation attempts to answer several questions including the cause and manner of death.

Cause of death is just that: what killed the individual. It can be divided into the immediate and underlying cause(s) of death. The immediate cause of death is the illness or injury that leads to death. The underlying cause of death is the illness or injury that started the chain of events that leads to death. So long as that chain is unbroken, there is no time limit. The underlying cause of death may have occured days, weeks, months, or decades, but as long as the chain is unbroken, it doesn’t matter. For example, someone who falls off a ladder and breaks his neck, thus becoming a quadriplegic, will usually suffer from chronic complication of that injury such as aspiration pneumonia, chronic urinary tract infections which can lead to renal failure, etc. If he eventually dies from one of these complications, the immediate cause of death may be aspiration pneumonia (for example), but the underlying cause of death is blunt force trauma due to the fall. Since aspiration pneumonia is a common complication of quadripegia it is reasonable to conclude that his death was initiated by his injury and since he never recovered from that injury, the chain remains intact even if the time between his initial injury and death is years apart. Now, if he had died from something not related, such as prostate cancer, then the cause of death would simply be prostate cancer.

Manner of death is simply a classification of death, and is divided into natural, homicide, suicide, and accident. If the manner is unclear or unresolved, it remains undetermined. Note that this classification has no legal bearing in court. It is quite possible for the medical examiner and the court to reach different conclusions in terms of manner of death. Also, homicide in terms of classification by the medical examiner, is a neutral term and covers culpable and non-culpable homicide.

So in my example above, the manner of death would be accident since the initiating event was a fall from a height. Or if it was an intentional jump, it would be classified as suicide. If he was pushed, then it would be a homicide. So in the case of Mr. Brady, if the immediate cause of death was a complication that resulted from his gunshot wound, then the death would correctly be classified as a homicide.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2014, 09:12:54 PM »
Charging him with murder now is like saying a spoon is the reason Micheal Moore and Rosie O are fat.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!